If You Could Have a Day of Free Coaching, Who Would You Choose?

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In one day you can learn to play even with God.

grinya774

grinya774

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to train with Daniel Negreanu.

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fedor Holz, he works non stop on his game and has some pretty good results to show for it so far.

Shamaniski

Shamaniski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Roger Teska so we can get drunk together hahhaa

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My man Daniel Negreanu

A

angin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
From Poker tournament video that I watch so far (not a lot) for me it has to be Dan Colman, Antonio Esfandiari, Daniel Negreaneu, because they are the player that I resonate the most in person (as far as watching from monitor experience :D) cause I notice when people resonate with me I tend to listen, take direction, and learn a lot.

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would choose Max Lykov. till 2014 he was in team pokerstars Pro. he played not only slow tournaments, but the turbo - is a lot of that always to me was intersno. besides there is no language barrier that would be important because we speak about 1 day of a training.

eueu

eueu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For sure Daniel Negreanu, but as I am very micro, I wanted one with lucrative micro players like Thiago Rawls.

B

bronc_busted

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Douglas "WCGRider" Polk definitely for online play
Dude is a beast and he has a kick ass and take no name attitude. Live play I would pick Daniel Negreanu.

I

imnotthatdrunk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kid Poker!

Who would be his chosen?

We know that coaching is one of the best (if not the best) ways to improve the level of play in poker. It is a great way to correct mistakes and to give one that is sharp in the correct ones, as well as to learn new techniques and ways to see the game.

Hate to be redundant, but Daniel Negreanu is someone I don't even just want to be coached by for a day. I would just want to hang out with someone that cool and positive. Being coached by him would be useful too though!

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
give me phill helmuth or jhony chan

hulinada

hulinada

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only a Fedor Holz he just mega player.

iriska

iriska

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think someone from the PokerStars team, as the experience I have very little, and any advice needed

P

plyto777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you can have a day of free coaching with any professional on the planet.

Who would be his chosen?

We know that coaching is one of the best (if not the best) ways to improve the level of play in poker. It is a great way to correct mistakes and to give one that is sharp in the correct ones, as well as to learn new techniques and ways to see the game.

Daniel Negreanu nice person and certainly a strong player!

G

Gangsta1394

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Galfond or Jason Sommerville. Both are highly articulate and can break the game down in a way that everyone can understand. It helps that Jason streams on Twitch.

I

Ioscu Ion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Negreanu of course.
In my opinion the best player))

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would probably choose Tom Chambers. Having read his sample, but being completely unable to afford his actual books, I really like his approach and the thought/math behind it. Although, to be honest, a day wouldn't be nearly enough. I don't think a day of coaching is really enough from any teacher. You're going to want to review something and then apply it and come back for evaluation afterwards. Maybe 24 1-hour sessions. That might be enough. Especially, if I had the resources to put in my own study time between them.

L

Lilbrown92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Ivey, my favourite poker player.

Y

Yoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel or Phil donno who to choose...maybe both?:p

ezgift

ezgift

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree! But there is one BUT! Every coach has his own vision of the game, so you need to watch the advice of different players

M

madisonsdad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmmmm... I guess I'd have to choose Cate Hall,Sofia Lovgren or Samantha Abernathy but only if we could do it on a day where we set the clocks back an hour for daylight savings, ...I mean why not try to get an extra hour wouldn't you? :) otherwise I suppose I would go to a clairvoyant to try and channel Stu Ungar ... umm why not learn from one of the best the game has ever seen. :)

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
trainer

Daniel Negreanu beautifully plays poker a good tactic for those who need to learn to play and then win at major tournaments I like him as a coach