If Poker were an Olympic Game: Which country would win the gold medal?

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the Argentines are going to be fighting for that beautiful gold medal. The other 2 countries would be the United States and England.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Do you think that Agrentines because you are from Agrentine? ... Is it possible that there is another adequate justification ....
... Although I am from Ukraine, I think that the national team from Somalia would win the Olympics.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The most gold medals would be won by (in no particular order) Brazil, Great Britain & USA.

Also countries such as Canada, Russia and a handful of others would also be in the mix...

Let's hope we see something like it someday! :love:

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's hard question. I think it doesn't mean necessarily to be the country with the most active players but definitely they can have an advantage, even way I go with countries like norway, Iceland, Romania for the podium but for surely this scenario can be debated only until such kind of contest will happen and to see the results.

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's really hard to guess...
US, Canada, UK, germany... There are many countries with good players.

garibe

garibe

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting to think about it.

I believe that the main countries today are US/Canada/UK. Brazil and Russia are the ones with a lot of good players grinding over there in all sites it seems.

To be honest, I believe the rise of the brazilian players happened after the boom of poker teams. I see various teams all around and it brings a lot of players together and they get better quick.

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if poker were an olympic sport i would like to represent my country venezuela and win a medal hopefully in the future it can be an olympic sport:D

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would bet on Russia, but most likely it would probably be Brazil.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What should be the value tournament entry? If it is too high, it is more restricted for richer countries. Now, in terms of player registration, what could happen is to have a lot of players from Greece with advance registration, if you understand what i mean.

R

RDHartsoe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If Poker were an Olympic sport I would have to say that USA Canada and England would vie for the medals for sure and I know that some other European countries would also be in the mix.

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From what I see watching poker on TV it would be US and Germany battling for gold medal

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends of how many player per country would be allowed, but I guess a US player would win.

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
First of all poker will never be an Olympic event.
And what do you mean by poker. No such event as poker.

But if a poker variant or variants were to be included, I think all countries would stand a chance, due to the gambling element.

Athletics, rowing, swimming, boxing, weight lifting, etc, etc, etc, all have many different events. So poker would have to be the same. If that were the case, then I would stand a fair chance of representing new zealand at Stud Hi/Lo. Probably even win the gold medal. :D

blake2702

blake2702

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i think Russia or Brazil would be a good bet for the poker olympics

There is a massive Russian following on gg poker. Many times the whole table is Russian

J

Jadeyt92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably those pesky Russians. Always seem to do well on tournaments i play

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I think the Argentines are going to be fighting for that beautiful gold medal. The other 2 countries would be the United States and England.

I think the Olympics depend on physical strength. It's not like poker, which depends on intelligence and patience. But since I'm from Africa, Africans or "African descent" are the ones who won the most gold medals in the Olympics.

D

damas13251

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poland! even tho its illegal in Poland :hahaha:

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any country has a chance to win, but in general I am more inclined to believe that the first place will be taken by a country from the European Union.

Top 10 Games