Status
Not open for further replies.
M

millertime

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think that comes stevenright from not having good bankroll management. if you were playing the proper levels, losing $3k may not be so bad as a proportion of your total stack.

tilt has not stopped me from living the "poker dream". playing outside of my limits and going for big scores has.

(but i'm working on it)

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cash games or MTT? I don't know how you could split your concentration over a large number of MTT games at once, yet clearly some can.
MTTs are actually easier to multitable, decisions are more robotic and straightforward. Doubly so if they're turbos.

Cash games it's actually inadvisable to play so many tables you see multiple flops at once, because postflop cash decisions get pretty complicated.

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well....you would have to make $66.00 every day if you play 30 days in a row. That is not very practical, so lets say Wednesday through Sunday, for 5 days a week. That is $100.00 per day you need to win to make 2k a month, but keep in mind that is not correct because you must subtract the buy ins from your wins. So if you can spend $25.00 a day and win $125.00, for example, you will make 2k a month.

That right there should put everything into perspective in regards to tournament poker. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a 125% roi does not exactly sound sustainable, ha

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MTTs are actually easier to multitable, decisions are more robotic and straightforward. Doubly so if they're turbos.

Cash games it's actually inadvisable to play so many tables you see multiple flops at once, because postflop cash decisions get pretty complicated.

I think I'd disagree with that, at least at lower limits where you're playing lower level opponents.

As blinds go up making moves becomes much more dependent on table dynamics and individual player notes. If you happen to run deep on several tables at once, you're likely going to wind up sacrificing performance on some in favor of others, and even worse, trying to make up for it later and just suffering on all fronts.

Cash games, however, can be autobotted to churn awesome volume and fairly consistent win rates. For NL cash, I could very comfortably 16 table, and even only feel half distracted at 24, but 6-8 tourney/sng/rising blind level games and I start to lose concentration once the average stacks are only around 25-30bbs.

Multi-tabling limit is a whole 'nother monster. I could never get more than 6 of those going, and even then it had to be FR, and my winrate was pretty significantly better at 4.

Michael Paler

Michael Paler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That right there should put everything into perspective in regards to tournament poker. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a 125% roi does not exactly sound sustainable, ha

No, it doesn't sound feasible at all, for a "daily basis" game. I think ROI gets misunderstood when used like that, and you are spot on about "perspective"; it just is not a big enough example. Some people actually think ROI cannot be used at all for cash games. I think it gets used backwards, frankly! IMO, you use ROI for cash games both on a daily basis and overall for a week or month. You use ROI only over a much longer period for MTT games, never on a daily basis except to decide the type of game you should be in. Either way, it's the still same math!

If I pay $10.00 to enter an MTT and win $10.00, my ROI is 100%. 100% is breaking even. If I win $20.00 in that same game, my ROI is 200%; I have doubled my money. If I do not make the money in that game, I have a negative ROI. Yet, this really does not tell me anything! It's only one game. So I would instead use my totals over one week or one month.

This is going to give me a much better figure. If I played one $10.00 buy in MTT game M-F, that is $50.00 invested per week. That is approximately $200.00 per month. Now, what did you win? If less than $200.00 total, you have a negative ROI, more than $200.00 you have a positive ROI. If you are in the negative, you need to look at that prize structure and decide if you placed in the money enough times (days you had a positive ROI or some return, period!) that you can possibly play a better game structure to pull you into the positive. The closer you are to breaking even, the better. Maybe playing a $20.00 game every day can make those times you make the money overcome the amount in buy-ins.

For that, I would look at how many out of the 20 games I cashed (again, my "daily" ROI), how many out of the 20 I won, if any. If I cash 20% of the games and win 1%, then I can apply that to the cash payouts of the $20.00 game and see what it calcs out to. I might find that cashing 20% and winning 1% will see me have a positive ROI in a $20.00 game. Still, it also greatly depends on that payout structure, number of players, fish level, etc; I have to look at enough games to decide if I am consistent per number of players total. I have to see if It is a fish game @ $10.00 or has way better players @ $20.00 and if I can still maintain those percentages. This is about all a daily ROI figure in an MTT can help tell you.

For cash games, well, maybe I should just not go there. As I said, some people just do not think ROI can be used at all for cash games because there is not a "set" investment made. I just disagree. If you are sitting down with $10.00 in a cash game, you are putting $10 at risk. I see money you are at risk of losing the same as an "investment" you make. Many do not see it that way. Also, they do not realize, perhaps, it is the same math. If I need to know what my profit was for one cash session, I need to subtract what I sat down with from what I won and divide by hours played to get my average hourly wins. So if that was $10.00 of my $100.00 BR I sat down with and I walked away with $20.00 after two hours, I am making $5.00 per hour and yet my ROI for that one game was 200%; I "invested" $10.00 and won $20.00. Again, this is too small a sample for any meaningful accuracy and the nature of cash games might see you making far less ROI over a set time than in MTT's. You really want that hourly figure in a cash game, not ROI per say. If you are somehow sustaining a 200% ROI in cash games, you might want to move up a level.

IOW, in MTT's you win in "chunks", in cash games you win in "pieces". I think this is why Poker O misunderstood what I meant by "cash game math" in MTT's. While 125% does not sound sustainable, think about what the pros are pulling in; one $10k entry and you win $1mill, well; you can see how that will affect your overall ROI in a year or over a career. For example, look at Antonio Esfandiari; his life time wins are around what; 18-20 mill? If you calc out what he spent to get there (MTT only), it is way more than 125% ROI and will be for some time to come. So he is able to sustain that high ROI, depending on how you look at it.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
No, it doesn't sound feasible at all, for a "daily basis" game. I think ROI gets misunderstood when used like that, and you are spot on about "perspective"; it just is not a big enough example. Some people actually think ROI cannot be used at all for cash games. I think it gets used backwards, frankly! IMO, you use ROI for cash games both on a daily basis and overall for a week or month. You use ROI only over a much longer period for MTT games, never on a daily basis except to decide the type of game you should be in. Either way, it's the still same math!

If I pay $10.00 to enter an MTT and win $10.00, my ROI is 100%. 100% is breaking even. If I win $20.00 in that same game, my ROI is 200%; I have doubled my money. If I do not make the money in that game, I have a negative ROI. Yet, this really does not tell me anything! It's only one game. So I would instead use my totals over one week or one month.

This is going to give me a much better figure. If I played one $10.00 buy in MTT game M-F, that is $50.00 invested per week. That is approximately $200.00 per month. Now, what did you win? If less than $200.00 total, you have a negative ROI, more than $200.00 you have a positive ROI. If you are in the negative, you need to look at that prize structure and decide if you placed in the money enough times (days you had a positive ROI or some return, period!) that you can possibly play a better game structure to pull you into the positive. The closer you are to breaking even, the better. Maybe playing a $20.00 game every day can make those times you make the money overcome the amount in buy-ins.

For that, I would look at how many out of the 20 games I cashed (again, my "daily" ROI), how many out of the 20 I won, if any. If I cash 20% of the games and win 1%, then I can apply that to the cash payouts of the $20.00 game and see what it calcs out to. I might find that cashing 20% and winning 1% will see me have a positive ROI in a $20.00 game. Still, it also greatly depends on that payout structure, number of players, fish level, etc; I have to look at enough games to decide if I am consistent per number of players total. I have to see if It is a fish game @ $10.00 or has way better players @ $20.00 and if I can still maintain those percentages. This is about all a daily ROI figure in an MTT can help tell you.

For cash games, well, maybe I should just not go there. As I said, some people just do not think ROI can be used at all for cash games because there is not a "set" investment made. I just disagree. If you are sitting down with $10.00 in a cash game, you are putting $10 at risk. I see money you are at risk of losing the same as an "investment" you make. Many do not see it that way. Also, they do not realize, perhaps, it is the same math. If I need to know what my profit was for one cash session, I need to subtract what I sat down with from what I won and divide by hours played to get my average hourly wins. So if that was $10.00 of my $100.00 BR I sat down with and I walked away with $20.00 after two hours, I am making $5.00 per hour and yet my ROI for that one game was 200%; I "invested" $10.00 and won $20.00. Again, this is too small a sample for any meaningful accuracy and the nature of cash games might see you making far less ROI over a set time than in MTT's. You really want that hourly figure in a cash game, not ROI per say. If you are somehow sustaining a 200% ROI in cash games, you might want to move up a level.

IOW, in MTT's you win in "chunks", in cash games you win in "pieces". I think this is why Poker O misunderstood what I meant by "cash game math" in MTT's. While 125% does not sound sustainable, think about what the pros are pulling in; one $10k entry and you win $1mill, well; you can see how that will affect your overall ROI in a year or over a career. For example, look at Antonio Esfandiari; his life time wins are around what; 18-20 mill? If you calc out what he spent to get there (MTT only), it is way more than 125% ROI and will be for some time to come. So he is able to sustain that high ROI, depending on how you look at it.
sigh :(

long_bong

long_bong

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to read up on bankroll management, you can pluck a figure out of thin air like 2000$ u gotta make sure your a winning player first then u can set some goals

+1

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

Blobweird123

Blobweird123

CC's very own Dead Head
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Or you can just use bb/100?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Now hold on; You divide 2k over 20 days played it's 100 per day you need to make, not including the by ins. That simple. That is not make believe, thats simple division! (2,000 divided by 20 = 100) And I am not saying it would be practical. You would have to, as I showed, win at least 3 out of those 20 $33.00 buy in games you play every month just to cover the cost of the buy ins and make 2k in profit. If you could and had the time, you certainly could play one $33.00 game per day for 20 days.

Now, could you win enough to cover your expenses and show a 2k profit every month? I doubt it. You would have to be awfully good.

But wait - are you talking about playing 20 MTT's per day "(20/day would likely be a low number)"? What number of players over all? What buy in? What are the blinds at? 5 mins, 3, 20?? 20 per day sounds like make believe unless I know what type you are talking about.
Michael, I can do simple math (I have univ. level math & formerly tutored others). I'm not questioning your calculations (although guess what.... if you play a $10 mtt & min.cash for $10... it's not ROI 100%... it's actually 0%).

TWENTY tournaments per DAY is a LOW estimate for any online tournament player. Higher buyin level players will often play fewer but 'most' who are playing micro/low buyin levels will be putting in alot of volume. (ie. players with a ~$1k to $2k bankroll hoping to profit (on avg.) $2k/mth.)

Michael, what difference does it make what the blind levels & tourney structure are? It's a ridiculous question.

The 'type' I'm talking about are the ones you will find online (on most sites).

Last edited:
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Cash games or MTT? I don't know how you could split your concentration over a large number of MTT games at once, yet clearly some can.

I do not see how players pull this off and remain profitable.

So what do you think is the secret of successfully multi-tabling MTT games? Or is there one?
The 'secret' is like anything else >> play, study, review < rinse & repeat.

How do they multitable & 'remain profitable'? Many low buyin MTT regs. are playing at least 10 tourneys at the same time. Some play more than 50/day.

In Sng's (referring to buyin level you were mentioning in some of your posts.. ie. $20-$33) some of the regs. are playing 20+ tourneys AT THE SAME TIME.
My partner plays this buyin level. Checking stats. of players on her tables there were guys on there with 137,000 total games played!
ie. on final table of 18man SNG, many of them had played well over 20,000 games & over 75% of players were profitable. Checking through the lobby of 'games running' most of them were on a dozen or more tables at same time.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
A example for OP,
Playing Sng's (STT) @ $10buyin level (recommended starting bankroll $1k)

'If' you're a winning player, with +10% roi, & 'if' you were playing 20 days out of the month. You would need to play 100 games per day.

'If' you were capable of 10-tabling these games (which you should be if you're hoping to profit $2k/mth.)
You would need to play for 10hrs./day.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Michael, I totally concure with PO (as I usually do), trust him

to OP, lolz, Ive been playing sooo long and have never made 2k monthly, lucky for $20 sometimes,
now sure Im not as good as many here, but I awful either

but really, your question is sooo vague
how much of a roll you starting with?
how much will you play a day/month?
what type of game?
number of entrants?
are you even good?
(you've been a member here 7 yrs , what have you been playing this whole time and how are your results? you should know if its possible by your past performances)

you want to try something fun, get 8-12 tbls :2+ cash, 4+ mtts, a couple freerolls, but at least 1 has to be razz, and at least 1 hi-lo game too,
its not as profitable, but really gives the brain a workout;)

sidenote, I prefer 4-8 tbls over 1-2, I usually play better/get deeper
overthinking is overrated
play mostly tight ABC poker but take advantage of position and weak players (strong ones too)
do you understand M value, shove ranges, pot odds.......?

luckytvguy

luckytvguy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Michael, I totally concure with PO (as I usually do), trust him

to OP, lolz, Ive been playing sooo long and have never made 2k monthly, lucky for $20 sometimes,
now sure Im not as good as many here, but I awful either

but really, your question is sooo vague
how much of a roll you starting with?
how much will you play a day/month?
what type of game?
number of entrants?
are you even good?
(you've been a member here 7 yrs , what have you been playing this whole time and how are your results? you should know if its possible by your past performances)

you want to try something fun, get 8-12 tbls :2+ cash, 4+ mtts, a couple freerolls, but at least 1 has to be razz, and at least 1 hi-lo game too,
its not as profitable, but really gives the brain a workout;)

sidenote, I prefer 4-8 tbls over 1-2, I usually play better/get deeper
overthinking is overrated
play mostly tight ABC poker but take advantage of position and weak players (strong ones too)
do you understand M value, shove ranges, pot odds.......?
Thanks,first.Yeah,my question is some kind of vague.Because I just want to set a goal.That goal is compared with my job now.I earned more than 2k a month with my job.I am tired of my job.I am thinking a new life.So I set that goal and want pros to guide me with details.

stevenright

stevenright

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think that comes stevenright from not having good bankroll management. if you were playing the proper levels, losing $3k may not be so bad as a proportion of your total stack.

tilt has not stopped me from living the "poker dream". playing outside of my limits and going for big scores has.

(but i'm working on it)

i KNOW it is poor bankroll management... hehe.. but it happens only in cash games,... i accepted that, i can't play cash for profit, only for fun,.. i can't help it... i win big, then i go higher and when i lose i want to get it all back,... i don't do it in tournaments though... in tournaments i like volume and that helps me on having good bankroll management...

so i make some 400$ profit and just cash out, because i know when i get to 1k in profit i will want to get higher and higher.... maybe someday i will have a better mind to deal with it... right now i'm doing alright with the 400$ profit every now and then... but i would like to grow my bankroll for real... like buying a car with it, or a house, but this is a dream right now, and i'm realistic... I'm a good player, but i tilt a lot and play levels i shouldn't, so i'll be real with myself and try to improve that.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel good if I win 2k in a year,,but I guess it's all relative to what a person feels they can afford to risk to what they can win.

Reptar7

Reptar7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never won $2k in a month before, but it seems like that would be very difficult to do on a regular basis playing tourneys. I think it is obtainable at cash tables or SNGs though. You'll want to be playing at least $100 tables or higher and putting in lots of volume. For the sng equivalent, it depends on the field size, prizes, volume possible, etc. Like someone said, there are people who grind the $3 SNGs to win 2K a month. I would think you'd want to play higher though. There will be big swings. Maybe one month you'll make 6k and the next month you'll lose 1k.

Michael Paler

Michael Paler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Michael, what difference does it make what the blind levels & tourney structure are? It's a ridiculous question.

I mean, seriously; a ridiculous question. You know, we really have different ways of viewing things. Clearly.

Do you seriously expect me to believe, were you to track all your MTT games with different blind levels and structures, that you would not be able to use that info to fine tune your profitability? You seriously expect me to believe that some blind levels and structures would not be found to suit a player more than others? Really?

So, 5 minute blinds in a game are just the same as 20 minute blinds in another game? Top 10% payouts are the same as winner takes all or a top 30% spread? 300 starting chips at 3 minute blinds is the same as 1500 starting chips at 3 minute blinds? And None of that affects how you play, what your range is, how well you can expect to do? None of that affects your long term profit? None of that affects what strategy you use and therefore enable you to decide which one you are maybe better or worse at?

I guess that is what you are saying, isn't it?

Well, sure; if you say so, right?

1bollywood1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
many months witthour significent results /. maybee many year ... my last 4 numbers winning is about 2 years ago .
sure i have to progress but the variance specially at the end of turn is so big .......

luckytvguy

luckytvguy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is a example that playing tourneys and winning big money.
I post the records bellow which are listed in a website.I am very surprised how he can played about 60 tourneys in one day.
The records below are all played by one player,I just choose records that happened in one day:
Date Tournament Game 1st Prize WinnerBuy in Entries Rank Prize
14-Jul-13 No Limit Hold'em HENL CACARULO0510 $22 214 142 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL virgo005 $11+ 31 9 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL Poeira4 $51 532 487 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL DrummerBoyAK $44 2059 188 $86
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL bu$ted_dr0 $55 109 28 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL TroizeN $22 1562 364 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL petertje1007 $11 20 6 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL SpaceyFCB $11 2841 2170 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL poorree $25 1041 834 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL Rebel FishAK $55 500 297 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL camikater $17 2327 2272 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL antonpitbull $4.40+ 32 19 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL gremistaAK $55 1156 733 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL codbar $44 23 18 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL Mighty Raja $22 79 75 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL puan29 $17 1508 483 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL LeinadZY $22 62 10 $26
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL racksonrax $25 1233 138 $48
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL DABOSS122 $11+ 44 17 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL Jord4n $109+ 64 60 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL PokerHorst $11+ 2410 146 $87
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL golfbum983 $8.80+ 119 42 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL avneriko808 $8 36 13 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL SHMEKS98 $8 41 30 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL David_Wain $22 2199 1564 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL Handebraken $55 2514 408 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL deeflame7 $31 31 30 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL vlappie $3.30+ 230 157 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL i3bet $31 44 12 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL 777toome $11+ 33 9 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL stauso $55 4926 174 $185
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL Tonaldinho11 $51 589 326 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL Tomas7982 $75 1876 492 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL Faranius $215 6613 4908 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL Mabolo $25 41 14 $30
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL SnowJram $22+ 1063 488 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL spursdk $25 50 35 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL izumich $28 359 160 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL Ofbravetight $17 201 1st tie $75
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL keyhell $22 349 255 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL JOKuERis $44 848 311 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL IoonJup $8.25 369 74 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL DBerglin $8.80+ 1890 800 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL giedryza $17 6395 4371 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL gabriel73 $11 32937 25255 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL LuckyLady519 $55+ 770 199 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL pro-alain $25 1041 140 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL LuckySouris $22 1550 522 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL chopi7 $109 2710 2224 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL DEX888 $44 1081 857 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL Isildur1sMum $11 8467 1931 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL myk_arkangel $22 524 91 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL DannoPK $12 26 20 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL homeboy27 $21 36 36 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL GavrilaMihai $22 7563 6011 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL homeboy27 $21 33 14 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL Ofbravetight $22 120 1st tie $109
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL Eurntje $10 500 165 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL THR33 $8.80+ 157 81 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL luk45zp $21 32 30 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL steveinhants $12 26 19 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL bparis $33+ 272 207 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL mnammnam $11 1216 269 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL Ofbravetight $39 23 1st tie $215
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL player9ball $11+ 94 45 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL sabbis $22 120 41 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL marko 2701 $5.50+ 58 34 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL pantanal77 $44 168 137 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL Hsükür $12 48 19 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL CASINOICE $5.50+ 284 112 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL xxxALBxxx $44 665 378 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL ResumeIgnore $215 2751 1241 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL martin_malin $22 428 61 $38
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL Sulliken77 $8.80+ 1546 303 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL Naza114 $55 529 424 -
14 Jul 13 No Limit Hold'em HENL OOmekatzoOO1 $33 2419 1075 -

Last edited:
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I mean, seriously; a ridiculous question. You know, we really have different ways of viewing things. Clearly.

Do you seriously expect me to believe, were you to track all your MTT games with different blind levels and structures, that you would not be able to use that info to fine tune your profitability? You seriously expect me to believe that some blind levels and structures would not be found to suit a player more than others? Really?

So, 5 minute blinds in a game are just the same as 20 minute blinds in another game? Top 10% payouts are the same as winner takes all or a top 30% spread? 300 starting chips at 3 minute blinds is the same as 1500 starting chips at 3 minute blinds? And None of that affects how you play, what your range is, how well you can expect to do? None of that affects your long term profit? None of that affects what strategy you use and therefore enable you to decide which one you are maybe better or worse at?

LOL nobody is suggesting we play different structured tourneys the same. ffs.. what are you talking about???
OP was wondering "approx. what level and what volume would he need to be playing in order to profit (on avg.) ~$2k/mth. while playing tournaments.
I gave an answer. You... umm... gave a wall of jibberish & make-believe(again).
What I said was >> all of that garbage is irrelevant (as is this post by you here again too)..
Michael, online tournament players with smallish bankrolls don't play 20 tournaments per month in hopes of profitting (on average) $2k/mth. It's a ridiculous statement (DUCY?)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

OP wasn't asking what games he should play or how he should try to discover which structure/format is more 'suitable' to him. (fwiw, anyone who is even half-expecting to profit $2k/mth playing MTT's would obviously know how to adjust to something as simple/obv. as diff. structures... please... And they would know which tourneys they preferred to play (or which ones fit in with their schedule ).
Bring on another irrelevant wall of text please!

T

turbolaacis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2000$ in a month? if you are good player with skills. you can play about 11$ NLHE and win or take part in final table... in 1 tourney you can win that.

M

matshark

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need about $2000 bankroll, and you can make those figures a month playing $5 -$15 rebuys.

P

pierceisgod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should play low buy-ins of MTT's but play a large amount if your a good player and you will probably see better results and not risk your bankroll in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.