I need motivation

ramorleans

ramorleans

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For the past couple of days. I don't have the energy of playing poker. I just want to sleep, eat and sleep again. Does anyone here feel the same thing? I tried to play 1 table or 2 but it doesnt make any sense like Im just donking all the time coz I dont feel it. Whats the remedy?

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I wish I had something to add to you, but not enough I think.
Above all, poker is a game of ups and downs.
My motivation usually goes along with the results... but it all depends on your goals.

Motivation usually has to do with something we really want... which can be something positive or not, depending on how you use it!
Outlining goals and plans, if you wish, can help you measure how your goals are progressing.

But I confess that online poker can suck... watching stupid plays all the time when we should be having fun.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my tip for you is to take a break from poker, live or do something you like, cook something, go to the movies, walk a little, read a book anyway, do something you like for pleasure and have fun.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
For the past couple of days. I don't have the energy of playing poker. I just want to sleep, eat and sleep again. Does anyone here feel the same thing? I tried to play 1 table or 2 but it doesnt make any sense like Im just donking all the time coz I dont feel it. Whats the remedy?
Lately it happens to me often but mostly just for MTT's. It is very difficult for me to sit down and then register for a bunch of MTTs. Then I put it off and tell myself I will do it tomorrow.
Sometimes (If I feel like playing some poker) I will open up some games I don't normally play on (ie. PLO, Stud8) & play on very small stakes.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that it makes no sense to start the tournament tired, because there may simply not be enough patience and desire to play to the final table, and there are of course the main prizes. It is better to relax and play at another time.

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think that it makes no sense to start the tournament tired, because there may simply not be enough patience and desire to play to the final table, and there are of course the main prizes. It is better to relax and play at another time.
totally agree with you

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Same situation, I lost a lot of tournaments this week, I was winning satellites but the tournaments themselves were just losses. I didn't play for two days, but today I feel like chatting in the card chat and maybe playing something. Hang in there, they say time heals, if you love poker, everything will bounce back

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Over the past few days. I don't have the energy to play poker. I just want to sleep and eat and sleep again. Does anyone here feel the same way? I tried playing 1 or 2 tables but it didn't make any sense because I just play donk all the time because I don't feel it. What is the remedy?
So don't play poker for a week and then interest in the game will resume.

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
You have to change the routine, go to the beach or camp to change your mood👍🏻

pankoffff

pankoffff

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Just stop playing poker for a few days and the motivation will come to you on its own! Personally, that's how it was for me.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, ramorleans! I can give You only an one advice: wait your wave! This means, You necessary to play in Poker only then,
when You feel self physically and mentally very good! And now You can take relax and do the other easy cases, that to recover for Poker!

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Excellent advice. I myself struggle w/getting motivated, but I'm on meds and getting up there a little so I attribute that to it as well. When this happens, I'll go for a drive or take the dog for a walk somewhere cool like Georgetown, they've got a bunch of cool parks there. Maybe some work around the house.
Anyways, I'll do something as far away from poker as I can get and soon I'll start thinking about it. Usually past hands that need analyzing or attention. Hell, I'll watch a movie I've seen a hundred times and look for inconsistencies. Watch some true-crime docs or something like that, just to dull it down a bit but still keep my mind busy.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
go see your doctor, not wanting to play poker is serious!

Quaresma

Quaresma

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In addition to a good rest from poker, I recommend that you see a psychologist. It could be the beginning of a depression and this is very serious. I've been there and I know what I'm saying. It's not as simple as it sounds. You need help. Poker will always be there for you, but if you don't take care of yourself, it can all end.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
There is no doubt... that if you do not have the motivation to play poker... you simply should not do it... otherwise you will end up losing all your money and it could even negatively affect your mood in others who to do of the day

KANNE 1972

KANNE 1972

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Poker isn't everything in life, I think taking a break is a good idea. Then get back in at some point with more card luck and a desire to play poker again.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
A person who practices physical exercises regularly has more disposition because he has greater cardiorespiratory and muscular fitness. When we exercise, our body responds by releasing a series of hormones. This positively influences all our organs.

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I had the same experience. I just didn't want to play poker, and I wouldn't say that I was losing at that time, I was even winning consistently, but for some reason I didn't have the strength and motivation to do it all. I was advised to take a break from the game, and I didn't play poker for about a month, and it helped a lot. I came back and had a lot of energy and desire to play again. I can say that if you play poker all the time and do nothing else, it gets boring, you need to have some hobbies and activities to take a break from the game. In my case, it's basketball or just doing sports, it really helps a lot to go outdoors after playing poker for a few hours and just run for a few minutes or maybe do some minimal training for some muscle group. When I do this, it's like my brain is completely freed up and rests from negative thoughts. Try to take a break for at least one week and exercise periodically, it helps me and it might help you too.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Give yourself some time, look for other hobbies, ask for professional help and tell them the problem, it may not have anything to do with poker... you don't know. And to play poker you have to be mentally strong.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
if you dont feel that you have to play poker ...dont play !!...take a break...life is more then poker:)

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Brother, take a breath, go for a walk with the family, travel, enjoy your life, switch your focus to something else, and then you return to the tables.