I need a Poker Makeover!

NascarFanSS

NascarFanSS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alright the game of poker is seriously pissing me off.lol I get over stuff fairly quickly but it seems as though every time I decide to play I am just getting the same results the past few weeks. I have been thinking about it and a couple of things happened within my poker game about the same time.

First off I have only been playing for about a year and the second half of that year I had figured my way and my strategy into being able to cash in almost any type of freeroll I joined. I could solidly make final table whenever I decided I had enough time to sit down and take it seriously.

Well about a month ago I made my 50 posts and started playing in the CC freerolls and cashed a couple times and won a bodog tourney within the first week or 2 of eligibility. I soon realized that I should take my winnings more seriously after I blew what I won at bodog. So I then took the 12$ I won at carbon and stayed away from fixed limit and pot limit ring games. I hit the NL ring table pretty hard working my way up to 300$ in just a few days playing smart and semi-aggressive not afraid to fold a big hand, however most big hands were like butter. I was on a roll but it was one that carried over from freerolls and the game I taught myself to play.

And then.....I started playing in the CC LPS challenges about the same time I got into this rut. The challenges are fun but I definitely feel myself allowing the pressure of playing with peeps I am trying to out do get to me. I catch myself looking around to see where those particular players may be when my game has always been focus on my cards and the board.

I don't know what happened but I cannot catch a break for several weeks now. I feel like I have fallen into one of 4 categories I found on this thread...

[old link~tb]

Actually I have a tendency to play like a combination of several of them.lol I can't let go of AK when I should be able to fold AA if I know it's a loss. I hold onto TPTK when I know its a loss and then I lose with sets, straights, flushes and even my boats are no good these days.

I don't really get it but I am to the point where I know my game needs a makeover and any help or direction to threads you think may help me would be much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: