I`m ahead!!! "My Ferguson challenge" update - Should this be a brag!!!

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all.

I posted this https://www.cardschat.com/forum/general-poker-13/chris-ferguson-0-10k-challenge-i-m-96992/ on 28th October 07. As I put in this thread, I was `fast tracking the challenge by starting with a bankroll of $97.57.

Anyway, the good news is that by using good bankroll management, NOT GOING ON TILT AS MUCH :D , using good pot odds, not being afraid to get busted out of a tourny, it has worked!!!

I now have a true profit of $651.89 - I`m well impressed with myself :D

Unlike in the past, I have not done this by one big tourny hit, it is by a mixture of finding the right games and, again, acepting bad beats and being happy that I was a big fav when I got my money in. I have then either left for the day, or dusted myself down and started again. If I`m going to play on, I`ll always max up the buy in (so, if say if I started with $50, took a hit that took me down to $25, I immediatly top up to $50 again.)

I have also been able to walk away from a table when I have been well ahead, and also, if I lose 1/2 my buy in I`m off - different to the good old days when I would try to stay and `win it back` !!!

I am now starting to be a winning cash game player - until the last few months - unheard of!!!

Since October, I am showing a profit in all three areas, being MTT`s, SNG`s and cash games :party:

One final point, I think it is fair to say I would not have done this with out the advice and help of the good contributors on this site - even though the critisism can be a little hard to take from time to time :)

So thanks guys ;)

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, congrats Ronald, those are great results. Glad you see you sticking with strict rules that govern your play. It's not an easy thing to do, so kudos to you. I remember your posts when you were getting really frustrated and needed a break, so it's great to see that you were able to sort things mentally for yourself and turn this all around. Best of luck to ya...keep at it.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
usually stuff like this goes in the brag section but its ok cuz usually not to many people go there that much and its understandable to see you wanted meor people to see your acheivements ....wtg congrats and keep it up!!! :)

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, congrats Ronald, those are great results. Glad you see you sticking with strict rules that govern your play. It's not an easy thing to do, so kudos to you.
Thank you vm JD :)

I remember your posts when you were getting really frustrated and needed a break, so it's great to see that you were able to sort things mentally for yourself and turn this all around.
It`s now "water off a ducks back" now (does not bother me - much :D )

Seriously, I put this in because I think it was my biggest failing - as pointed out by a lot of people.

A lot of people might be helped by my admission here ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seriously, I put this in because I think it was my biggest failing - as pointed out by a lot of people.

A lot of people might be helped by my admission here ?
I think it's okay here as it isn't just about bragging. It's more about being a your testimonial to what can be accomplished when you set your mind to it, take advice to heart, and apply it.

wickedlovely

wickedlovely

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's some excellent work! Looks like you're learning a lot from this challenge. Hope your success continues.

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gj it sounds like you are doing well.

I'm at about 110$ on one site starting from a 10$ free "gift". Only been about 5 days or so (of actual playing...30min-2 hrs day) so im pretty happy. I also won a freeroll on another site, which gave me about 10$ (but i stopped playing that site since it was pretty inactive). So in my own twisted sense of logic, I am going to see how far i can get with an "actual" ferguson (if you equate the freeroll win money to the 10$ free "gift").

It's pretty damn hard starting from such low limits...even 100$ isn't very much coz you can't really play any more than .1/.2