I love Fish

RedskinRunner325

RedskinRunner325

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I just wanted to say that I've seen a lot of posts of people wondering why Donks and Fish play that way and how much they hate having them at their table. I just wanted to say that, if you all had asked me about a month ago, I would have agreed with this argument hands down. Damn, those crazy players can make you so angry at times.
However, I gotta say that, after beginning my Cardschat experience, reading up on the strategy articles, biting the bullet and buying a poker book to learn from (highly recomend Doyle Brunson's Super System 2, basically an encyclopedia of many various poker games and strategies), reading some great threads about how people played hands and seeing others react to their decision, damn do I enjoy Fish!!! I sat down at a 6 person SNG with 5 fish + me two days ago, and it was the easiest first place I ever had on FT. In a MTT today I was able to identify a Fish who had gotten up to 8500 chips in the first 20 minuets when starting stack was 1500, and I was able to take 4000 of them by the time I was able to knock him out. To those people out there angry at fish and donks, I just gotta say be patient and look around here and you'll learn, trust me. My floormates thought I was the worst poker player ever, but now they at least acknowledge that I have some skill. Gotta say that when I joined CC, that is definitiley the time when i started improving. Much thanks CC, and keep those Fish coming!

A

aceup21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your right

Well, i think your absolutley right in your statement on the Donks. I
find that theyre fairley easy to deal with if you know how and dont
get pissed when you lose a pot no matter what. You have to expect
to run in to a BADBEAT Everyday. If you can master that and learn to
expect them, then thats half the battle right there. To me that was one
of the hardest things to deal with was the stupid players that raise with
anything, and there plays just make no sense what so ever. Anyways
i agree with you.
GoodLuck to you though.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice post Red. Helped me a little with all the donk plays I have had against me, it hurts when they keep on making donk plays and knocking everyone including you out but of course we want them to keep playing this way because in the long run they are the people that help build you BR.