I hate the term "Donkey"

M

MrHoros

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO donkey is just a pleasant way of calling someone an ass. You're an ass if you're at the table to gamble. Go play blackjack or something. I like to think poker is a skill game and prefer to play accordingly. That said there are plenty of times I make donk moves.

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going with "sick" on this one. AI PF, AK v. QQ...AK pairs up and we hear, "so sick..." How is every time a player loses a pot now "sick"?

J

jeffownsyou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you there on that term donkey.. How about we just all star calling people fkn idiot. That sounds much better than donkey. Ex. Player 1 goes all in with KK, Player 2 calls with 29, Flop..992. turn, 9, river,2. Wow!!! Now you can say. NIce hand you fkn IDIOT. That should be the new term. "FUKIN IDIOT"

Huck45

Huck45

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Smooth call with 7Ts is Abc?

I have lost a tourney with this hand and I have won a tourney with this hand. At the Bike I hit a straight flush on the turn with 7-10h.
I wouldn't recommend to anyone else, but I stick in a raise when I see 7-10 suited or not. ABC?? no, but for me, it's common.
Hmmmm...what does that make me....LA or ??

signman85

signman85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If calling people any of those names or typing in any of those phrases gets someone mad and takes their mind off the game, I say type em all you monkey, fish, donkin donkey, mfer, idiot, moron, 12 year old, suckout, sick, one time, luckbox, atm, head up your ass, lucky, and sad players

zippyhippyca

zippyhippyca

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My feelings precisely! You explain this much better than I can and I have taken the liberty to post it elsewhere on other blogs I belong to because of its relevance and eloquence(NOT as my own work). Thank you for posting this and I hope you dont mind but it deserved to be read by the online poker community as a whole. Take care and good luck on future felts.

T

teeko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Donk" or "Donkey"

Most over used word in poker is "sick". Everything is sick nowdays its lost its meaning, I see it so many times on my tables usally used on a hand thats not sick. There are two words I have never used ever in poker is donk and sick. I find its the spewtard players that use these terms more than the decent players, but then again I am playing the micro stakes:D .

So right. Become a term that no 1 even knows why they say it. Heard too often people just keep saying it. But i agree it is just a bad rep for poker. Not 2 mention it makes the person saying it look like a know it all.

I

InJunChiQ

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
lmao....i find that amusing..haha...ive never used the word or have been called it but ive seen others....i think its just funny

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If calling people any of those names or typing in any of those phrases gets someone mad and takes their mind off the game, I say type em all you monkey, fish, donkin donkey, mfer, idiot, moron, 12 year old, suckout, sick, one time, luckbox, atm, head up your ass, lucky, and sad players
U friggin muppet, u forgot the most important one.