I can't beat the low limits ?

F

FergusDec

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Say you are willing deposit $200.... Do you think the best chance for a mid-level player to come out ahead is to grind on .01/.02 tables or low level SNG's?

J

jorgetorres0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have to have a strategy, which you should always follow. And that of playing solid poker would have to check what exactly you call solid poker. For me a good strategy is: Do not get into trouble, do not play too many hands, do not bet on betting, do not call tano but rather 3bet, evaluate range of opponents and the most important thing to think, think and keep thinking before taking a decision

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes, same to me, i start with 5, go to 70, and lose later, a lot of time i have that...

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really difficult to sell at low limits as there are many recreational players who do not know how to play but use their luck.

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
.01/.02 poker online is harder than $1/$2 live.

If you are doing poorly, I suggest doing min buy in. This limits your decision process reducing the difficulty of the game. 100BB would require you to make full use of river play. 40BB you are pot committed by turn.

By reducing the difficulty it makes the game easier, not more profitable, but easier and less chance for you to make a mistake.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's better to start with micro SnG tournaments:)

C

C_mac

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to play sit and go, especially the 10 People format fifty fifty, îs good for banckroll, if You play super tight and fold a lot, You win most of them

10 people? I play 6 max and I don't care how good of a player you are, you can't win consistant in 6 max micros. To many playing styles, people calling and going all in on garbage hands.

C

Cezar23927

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10 people? I play 6 max and I don't care how good of a player you are, you can't win consistant in 6 max micros. To many playing styles, people calling and going all in on garbage hands.

In this format 5 People win and 5 lose, so I think that you have better chance than normal sit and go

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello mate, maybe you're having a bad streak, it's normal in poker, don't be disappointed.
I recently saw a streamer on twitch, he lost almost $ 900, playing tournaments of 5, 10 and 15 dollars, and in two days he recovered all that money, won two tournaments on consecutive days, a tournament of 450 dollars and another 500 dollars.
He was ready to go down in tournaments, but as you see, in two days everything changed.
You can ask someone for help to check your hands, to see if you are making mistakes, or you can post your hands in the hand evaluation sub forum, so they can help you and give you advice.

gl mate

E

enzomyn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Good evening! I wanted to hear your opinions because I can't beat low limit games even if I play solid poker I don't understand ???

Good night, mate. The low limits tend to have more inexperienced and recreational players, for this reason, the tournament ends up being more complicated for people who understand and study poker, I have suffered and I suffer a lot from the low limits, and my advice is to try to get one bank and play tournaments with more patient and experienced people.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s really going to be about playing optimal poker with slight changes when opponents play face up or bad poker. You have to just fight through the variance and wait for those situations that take you to the next level. I haven’t done it either but just keep grinding I have friends that pushed through and are now grinding mid stakes

jeanpierre1279

jeanpierre1279

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The variance for micro limits is very high due to the lack of poker knowledge of some players coupled with the buy-in value that makes it easy to play marginal hands all the time.

You really need to make sure you did everything right, but being tight is not going to save you totally.

Check the profiles of the villains to see if you can increase your range and cheer because these villains also depend a lot on it.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s not hard to play there, ABC poker is a key, and patience, patience and patience. Many times I was called of with mid pairs and junk, so revaluate you’re play and don’t bluff to much

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My tip. Be very tight at the beginning. In the intermediate and final stages, be very aggressive. If you have value, 3bet is better. Puna limpers. Identify the donks and extract the maximum. Don't wait for the river when it's worth it. Study a lot. Even though there are many recreational activities, there are several regular players in the micro stacks, as in all tracks. GL

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sites the poker

Good morning everyone, I advise you to play on different sites, because I was also not able to get far on the mtts at pokerstars which has a very large number of bad bets, I started playing on other sites and now I arrive a lot more at the awards.

The absurd results that happen with a high frequency in pokerstars, example of KK losing to KJs or QQ losing to Q9o and many others, do not happen on other sites or happen at a much lower frequency.
I played on many sites and the site that has the results of the draws of the cards very similar to live poker, is Bet365, you hardly lose with AA or KK.
888poker, I didn't play much anymore, I changed my mind because I had a lot of good results playing on that site, changing the site you're playing can bring good results.

S

scindor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the statement and you can have better rakeback deals on other sites aswell

C

chuckycheese

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Good evening! I wanted to hear your opinions because I can't beat low limit games even if I play solid poker I don't understand ???
that's just poker high or low people will make loose calls and draw out over all. play solid and you should do well

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do find in low limit games more players playing passive/loose mode and it just becomes annoying that I can't play my selective hands properly. I find that every hand preflop there is always raising happening 3BB or all in.

Maiuchi

Maiuchi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

It is little information to help you, I just do not exceed low limits, check your strategies, watch your rivals, check your hands, and above all study a lot.