I can't beat the low limits ?

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Good evening! I wanted to hear your opinions because I can't beat low limit games even if I play solid poker I don't understand ???

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The lower the limit the more ABC poker you typically need to play. Absolutely no fancy plays, very little bluffing, making sure your playing position, finding the proper spots and playing correctly against calling machines that think mid or low pair are good to the river are just a few of the basics that seem to work.

Goof luck beating the rake and at lower levels and the insane plays.

L

lolshovaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe you should check your definition of solid playing.
You have to play several hands until you can consider yourself a solid player.

Because is all about the number of hands your playing and the moves you are making. I mean, you have to adptate, even when you are playing NL2/5. People talk a lot about ABC poker but most of them never beat even the lower stakes. So check your stats and hand history. Learn from your mistakes.

Low limits are not hard, I can tell you for sure.
This is the best moment for you to understand what poker is all about.

Adjust to your opponents and use all kinds of information they provide.

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the low level has a lot of beginners, so they make more wrong decisions than the other limits and more problems happen. And also because it is cheaper, some play it anyway.
I recommend that you don't just play the tournament solidly.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I disagree that low stakes "aren't hard". For most people, being able to crush these stakes is well beyond their goals. I would say that it takes years and years just to be able to beat low stakes. Work hard, figure out if you are really playing "solid" poker and go from there :)

Good luck, work hard and you'll get there. It's no walk in the park.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Be hard pressed to move up a buyin if I wasn't crushing the present one. There is no reason to consider low limits as an excuse for any reason but skill level.

P

Perihelion

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The lower the limit the more ABC poker you typically need to play. Absolutely no fancy plays, very little bluffing, making sure your playing position, finding the proper spots and playing correctly against calling machines that think mid or low pair are good to the river are just a few of the basics that seem to work.

At what stakes would you say is the breaking point? Where it goes from 'play it straight' to 'be prepared to make some moves'.

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
low limet tourneys

There are a lot of bad beats and bingo out there. Some people will call of their stack 75+ BBs
with 66 77 88 even when three people have shoved before them. I seen so many pocket aces cracked because their the 4 person to call. good luck to the good players trying to get through 6 way bingo pre flop.

M

mrpig

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play chess on chess.com blitz 3-0
Average rating 1900. But I often lose to players below 1800.
I am comfortable playing with the players of my rating. Perhaps psychological reasons affect.
So I think you 're right to look for your level

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since these are small limits, not very competent players play them. Therefore, it is not easy to play there. They will use both a medium and a small map for the game.

C

C_mac

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You hit the nail on the head here. I've been playing micro stakes for months now, and between all the crazy plays and the rake, I don't even think a pro could win. I kept grinding at the micro level because everything I read was "bankroll management". "Don't move up until your crushing the lower stakes". My friend was having the problem and moved up because he was so frustrated with bad beats by people calling with terrible hands and winning. He said he's having more success at the higher stakes, and way less frustrated because when he loses, he got beat by a better hand or a little outplayed.

J

jorgetorres0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do I know when I beat a level?

I play Nl 2 and Nl5 cash, but I don't know when I really want to stop playing Nl2 and focus only on the next level. I read your opinions

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you should more need to get experience to shift more high-level limits cause low limits are newbies which are at starting level experience playing against you. The limits evaluate your level so just keep practicing unless you Get tilted

R

Richard Grant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure this thing about it being hard to beat lower stakes because its so random makes sense. If people are playing badly their weaknesses are exploitable, maybe variance plays a part but should be happy to play people who are playing bit crazy. Its being good enough to know what their weaknesses really are.

Sometimes people who limp a lot are pretty good post flop players even though limping pre-flop is not itself a good thing. Maybe they fold to much to raises or fold to little, its working out where their game is weaker.

I like the pokerstars cash out function, takes the variance out which does bug me when I go in a losing streak. Happened in omaha where I must have lost 4 or 5 all ins where I was in front in a row. Bit gutting that. Although is very weird when your 1% to win, cash out pretty pointless :)

C

Cezar23927

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to play sit and go, especially the 10 People format fifty fifty, îs good for banckroll, if You play super tight and fold a lot, You win most of them

KeyJey

KeyJey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good evening! I wanted to hear your opinion, because I can’t beat games with low limits, even if I play solid poker, I don’t understand ???

At micro limits it seems very hard to rise. Because many hope for good luck. And bad cards go to the All in

cferdi

cferdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are a lot of bad beats and bingo out there. Some people will call of their stack 75+ BBs
with 66 77 88 even when three people have shoved before them. I seen so many pocket aces cracked because their the 4 person to call. good luck to the good players trying to get through 6 way bingo pre flop.

OMG, tell me about it! I can' believe the hands people go allin or call allin with. It seems that if someone goes allin, it's an invitation for everyone to join in! I guess the temptation to double, treble, quadruple, etc, your stack is just too tempting?:eek:

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

It happens to me often. I'm playing in a good way, and when I start to win and want to level up, I lose it again quickly. The luck factor also influences but I think that in the long run it influences less.

Last edited by a moderator:
starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Without any hand history I can point to a few common micro mistakes

1) Playing too many hands out of position
2) Chasing draws with incorrect odds
3) Paying off second best hands against reg nits
4) Limping too much. You should be raising or folding pre flop generally

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if you are not hitting the low limits something is not right: either your game is not entirely solid, or you are playing wrongly because the easiest limit to hit is the micro. There is also the question of sampling, if you have played little does not mean that you do not hit, you must also see the amount of games you have, a number that already starts to bring reality well are at least 1500 games, analyze whether or not you already hit the field in which you play.

dominisantus

dominisantus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also can’t move to higher stakes in any way, I think this is due to the weaker field of the players, as well as to my assessment of the game, I watch my hands in the replay, sometimes I wonder how I could make such mistakes in some of them.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hi
I play 0.01-0.02 a lot and I do quite well,
I think one needs patience to play any level and mixing your game with some odd hands alongside some strong hands.
But keep at it and you will surely succeed.
SnG is also good and so is Spin n Go.
Good luck

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
95% of poker players lose money
this is normal

Andrey FRIFIN

Andrey FRIFIN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think at micro limits people improve their skills, the one who plays for fun, throws $ 100 per bankroll, loses them in a couple of hours or days, and will wait for the next salary. People at micro limits know what a bankroll is and how important it is for playing poker, but I don’t argue that sometimes people act aggressively or all-in with each hand, as it happens, the main thing is to keep your bar at play and pay off at a distance.