How did you start playing poker?

tuku222

tuku222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have always been attracted to card games, in argentina a game with an air of poker because of the essence itself is the trick ... a typical Argentinian game, but when I met poker I was instantly caught when I played it with friends more than 20 years, and about 10 years ago the game almost daily, greetings:cool:

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.I did know nothing about this game until I watched a wsop Final Table on ESPN..What an atmosphere!

C

Chel_nv

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I was 22 years old, I started playing sit-and-go Fifty-50 tournaments for $ 1.5. then I thought that the tournament is one table of 9 people. After that, I became interested in poker, its understanding, strategy, while YouTube gave me lessons for beginners from the leading players of the poker world. Having mastered the first basics of poker, I began to play better and even win prizes. I started playing multi-table tournaments on micro-limits more often. This is how I started in the poker industry.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Growing up in a rural area, there was only a few ways to entertain ourselves. Playing cards was on that list of few. Even with nobody else around, there was always Solitaire.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I took up Poker after watching "late night Poker" with Dave (Devilfish) Ulliot R.I.P.
Other great players were lads from the Hendon Mob, which included 2 brothers, one was a T.V. actor from the "London's Burning" series.
I remember trying it out for play money on PStars, and could not understand why I kept losing, So I watched a bit more and it dawned on me that you cannot possibly play every flop. So I made myself a little phrase that I still follow--

If you have not paid, you don't need to play,

Meaning if you don't post a blind and your hand is trash just bin it. you really don't need to play it.

D

Devspuch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The boys played poker for money in college, and I became very interested in their game. I started watching different videos on YouTube, looking for different information about hands, how to play them, etc. That's how I learned about poker)

T

thekid9500

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started to play with my friends a long time ago and I liked it !

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In his youth he played slot machines and roulette, saw poker on TV, and rushed)))

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started play with my family and then went on to freerolls.
I love this game. :)

slurredreaction

slurredreaction

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I moved out of my mothers house, my roommate was very into it. And he would win big money so I decided to start playing too. Not sure how long it would have been if I didn't move into his house.

Geyomobama

Geyomobama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My roomate at the time... Started playing poker online with his girlfriend. Well play money and stuff. But i was judging them and saying they are just gambling online. Till one friday night we had a few people over and we lacked a fun activity to do. Then he suggested let us teach yall poker since we got cards lying arround and a bunch of coins in a jar. Between boredom and learning poker we all opted for poker.
And its been four years since and i don't regret that day

D

Dentada

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a friend that's professional and he's teaching me.

Vampduk

Vampduk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I started playing hold em on Xbox. Someone did teach me stud as a kid (not for money), but I can't remember how.

P

ProfessorGrind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Saw my dad playing and wanted to learn. Rest is history!

pablow

pablow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i was about 15 years old on pokerstars :p

G

Gigio22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had friends who played it. It looked like fun so I ended up learning how to play.

94EXPOS

94EXPOS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing with college friends when I was young, except one of the so-called friends was cheating. Left a very bad taste in my mouth and never returned to poker until 2004. I started playing live live with a friend I made while visiting my parents in Phoenix Arizona. Then when I came back home I bought some books and studied and then began playing online as well as live when I could. I stopped playing for a few years after my kids were born but now am returning to the game.

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing to learn a new card game, assuming it was like any other game. I was seduced by the pokerstars commercials on television "play and learn poker." I learned the basics, I was surprised by this game that I only knew that its cards were different from the ones I knew (Spanish cards), and I found a whole world of strategy and psychology and more ...!
Regards

M

malibuflo1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned with some friends ... they played every day and one day they called me and since then I play daily is online and live

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker for money and for fun, so I combine pleasure with utility. The most important thing for me is fun and entertainment. Meeting people from all over the world is really cool!

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started to play draw poker when I was very young, maybe 12 or 13. I played with my father, who played a lot with his friends, and my brother. Of course we did not play for money.

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after college. way after the board exams. not sure if this is a waste of my time. maybe need to better my skill im not satisfied with returns. no loss low return too muchh time