How did you start playing poker?

NotArobot

NotArobot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
About 7to8 years ago, first on Facebook(was 16 or 17 at the time),not much later i joined pokerstars, the had to quit when it required more information that was on my ID ( my goverment changed the gambling laws age req from 18 to 21) recently started playing again on pokerstars with more time to do it

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was raised by my Great-grandmother. We were dirt poor. Never had a TV, never had a Christmas Tree, no A/C and we lived in Texas.

From the time I moved in with her never had a new pair of shoes until I joined the Navy. You get the idea.

Anyway her son was a Wino (result of fighting in WW2) , I was 11 years old, we would play poker on Saturday nights for match sticks.

That was how I was introduced to the game 60 years ago.

E

EvE2K

Few years ago our Russian channels decided to stream few poker tournaments on TV. I think it was about 10 years ago. In that time it was really interesting and something new. So, that,s how i start playing poker many years ago. Biggest mistake in my life :D

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I start when some friends sent me request on facebook to join and play,,,,

vvalente

vvalente

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched a tournament on television and I was curious.

I

Ioscu Ion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A pleasant time and a nervous hassle))
And he started from the fact that I like a different kind of strategy)

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I was 15 with friends, after we saw Moneymaker win the Main Event on TV. I really sucked in the first game I played with friends, and I've loved the game ever since! I hope online poker gets regulated in more states sometime soon. Miss the old days of Stars and FTP!

SlimHeperpokerstars

SlimHeperpokerstars

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys! I have a question, what prompted you to play poker? Personally, I first saw poker on TV, but I could not understand the rules. Then I read the rules, and in Google itself started playing. What did you have?

Approximately the same story. I watched several finals from the PS on TV. Commentators very brightly and colorfully described the game of poker. I decided to try registering and I got carried away)))

A

appetite

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Played sometimes with friends, didn't understand what i was doing. Want to become pro player now, trying to consume all information i could find about math in poker.

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First i saw on TV, than i begin to play at Vkontakte, and now at PS.

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
first poker iv ever played in Eldarado slots machine about 15 years ago, after that it became popular championships in USA and thats gives big wave of poker MTT BOOM and whole world last 15 years starts playing poker online and live. But iv never participate in live big tournaments, its my dream to go the BIG live tournaments!

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nn

I was 20 years old and some friends invited me to play cards .I did not know the rules but i liked the style of game .Since then i cant stop playing poker .

rodrigo1972

rodrigo1972

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I start to play poker in facebook zynga poker then I wanted to be in the next level so I met pokerstars and 888poker

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
A girl friend invited me 6 years ago in facebook,after that made registration in poker stars,Full tilt and so on ......

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started playing poker on Facebook with play money at Zynga Poker and after that I continued playing poker at various online poker rooms such as PokerStars,Minted Poker,unibet.

J

Jazeapokergod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started when I was stationed overseas in the US Army. Eventually every payday I was chasing guys down to collect IOU'S lol. I had to pay dome too. I'd have to say my crowning achievement was collecting $5,800 in IOU'S when we returned home after Operation Desert Storm. That's when the action really took off. You see, we were overseas for eight months, and I had friends with 8 months of tax free checks! Jaze's game was the best, because I always had cold free beer. Learned a lot in those days. I mostly play online now, and the games are much tougher!!! I do wish wed return to the good days of Full Tilt, Pokerstars, etc. The sites available to us now are just so so IMO. Cheers!

ezgift

ezgift

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since childhood I like maps. But in poker you can earn. I decided to combine it together)