How Did You Learn to Play Poker ?

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A friend taught me on my 21st birthday and I never looked back really liked it from day one.
and I'm 37 now, funny thing is the friend that taught me doesn't play any more. he just knew the basic rules of it.

A

asalco94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On a visit to the home of a soccer teammate, they were playing and I learned fast and easy.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned to play poker on the Internet, watched video training lessons and signed up for poker lessons, and I learned how to play poker and now I play different kinds of poker and win sometimes when the card plays well for me!

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Reading ebooks, forums online and watching videos

iannis2009

iannis2009

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Y playing poker for 20 year's...I begin with my friends at break school:))..but now it's a passion...y hope to learn more.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Me too, damn Zinga, they are the culpable ;)For real, I was doing good there as well, but that was too far away from poker. I was sitting there with my crown for hours calling everybody new who came in, shoving his/her 200.000 chips in and latest 3 hands later, the table was empty again, my stake bigger. That was too boring.
I didn't want to spend money, so I signed up with pokerstars andNetbet, as they were the only ones that allowed sign-up from mexico without a deposit.
So now it was completely different: they shoved all-in with "any two can do", but only 1.500 chips... :viking:
Still not, what I was looking for, but I knew the game from Zinga, so I played it and sometimes got lucky.
At some point luck was not enough, and different structures showed up:
this guy, who always would bet 240, when I just call 60, (limp-raise) and he always won the flop, because he was betting the hell out of me. (c-bet)
I started thinking he might have some inner secrets about the "correct" betting size, regarding the pot-size, your position, and the cards he held, for sure, to make YOUR card show up.
That's when I started reading :eek: and taking notes. :secruity:

Last edited:
J

jignesh_cse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing after watching poker tournament on TV and then joined PokerStars to play regularly.............

T

Temirgali

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned how to play poker on the Internet

now this is my favorite hobby

even think to play for serious money

Last edited by a moderator:
Djmickre

Djmickre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played with my friends for fan and later i made my first account since than i try to learn more and more.

iannis2009

iannis2009

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's a obsession to everyone to win a big tournament:))

Eric_A

Eric_A

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For a long time I wanted to learn to play poker, but wasn't around people who could show me the basics and tricks of this game, I didn't even have the concepts of how to play the game, view games of other players and video tutorials here, however I learned this game

B

Britto1211

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played poker since i knew myself, i learnt by watching highstakes mostly

Brahyam89

Brahyam89

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was first introduced to poker my freshmen year of college. During the first day of my English pre-req class my professor instructed everyone to stand up in front of the class and state your full name and something interesting about yourself. One of my classmates (Melvin was his name) stood up and stated that he had made a little over $40k playing online poker the previous year. At the time I couldnt believe my ears. I made it a point to speak to him after class and from that moment on I was hooked.

I began playing play money games on PokerStars before they were banned accross the country. From there I began utilizing books, internet forums and other resources to increase my poker knowledge and so forth. That same in depth studying continues today!

Cheers!!

Hackerosito

Hackerosito

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In particular I learned many qualities, to be patient, to be more observant, to have mental agility, to work under pressure, to be discreet and aggressive when required. of poker you really learn a lot.