ODRAGD3

ODRAGD3

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I discovered poker in 2012, I had no idea how to play or any tutorial. The first time I thought I had a good hand, it was a 4-card straight and I bet everything. This was my terrible start playing fictional! After several months and a pokerstars course in 2013 I won my first 1st place tournament! 16k people nothing more motivating than that and start taking the game seriously looking for a way to not have to deposit to always play with freerolls build a bankroll and reach big tournaments with satellites that formula has worked wonderfully for me

W

watermark

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Excellent colleague, I was retired from poker for work and family reasons (about 10 years), when I returned to participate in the Sunday Storm special, leaving a position of 47 and only in elimination I accumulated $150 plus the prize for my position, it was a little more than $300 in winnings. I played poker at PokerStars since 2009 and retired in 2011, and believe it or not my first tournament was an SnG of 0.02 the micro ticket when they existed, maybe you remember them. (I still have the winner's message in my hotmail hahahaha)

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My dad introduced me to poker, I think, also around 2012, I just played in a free application from Google Play, then he showed me PokerStars and I wanted to play there.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My parents taught me how to play nearly sixty years ago when I was eleven or twelve years old. My mother loved playing cards and had taught me gin rummy and cribbage. Television westerns were big in those days, and poker games were often going on in the saloons. My parents were always very encouraging of things my big sister and I showed an interest in, so when I expressed an interest in poker they decided to teach me. We would play Saturday nights from 8pm when The Lawrence Welk Show ended, to 10pm when Gunsmoke began. :)

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I learned about poker from television advertising. In Ukraine, poker is officially recognized as a sport.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Bugs Bunny. I was 5 or 6. "He" gave one of my favorite lines in poker when he made quad aces and said to the villain, "I've got two pair: I gotta pair of ones and another pair of ones,"... Classic. :D

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I met poker when I was surfing facebook, and I saw an advertisement of a player who had won a big prize in the world series of poker, and from there I got hooked on the game.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I discovered poker when I was 15 years old in a bar in my city. I was fascinated by the strategies those players used. I will never forget that night.

km1n

km1n

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I discovered poker because i watch a video on internet and keep me interested and later y try to learn how to play it and started since then i was close to 20 years

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I started playing sometime in 2019. Since then, poker has already become my favorite hobby. For me, poker is primarily entertainment, a gambling game in which you can win money and have a great time :)

ODRAGD3

ODRAGD3

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
My parents taught me how to play nearly sixty years ago when I was eleven or twelve years old. My mother loved playing cards and had taught me gin rummy and cribbage. Television westerns were big in those days, and poker games were often going on in the saloons. My parents were always very encouraging of things my big sister and I showed an interest in, so when I expressed an interest in poker they decided to teach me. We would play Saturday nights from 8pm when The Lawrence Welk Show ended, to 10pm when Gunsmoke began. :)
wow many years of experience!

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I also learned about poker in 2011-12. A guy worked with my father who suggested how to get some kind of “initial” bonus on the PS and my father started playing at home, started learning the game - and I just sat next to him and watched what he was doing :D:D

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watched a friend play online. It must took me 5 minutes to love the game.

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I discovered poker in 2012, I had no idea how to play or any tutorial. The first time I thought I had a good hand, it was a 4-card straight and I bet everything. This was my terrible start playing fictional! After several months and a pokerstars course in 2013 I won my first 1st place tournament! 16k people nothing more motivating than that and start taking the game seriously looking for a way to not have to deposit to always play with freerolls build a bankroll and reach big tournaments with satellites that formula has worked wonderfully for me
Surprisingly, I myself registered at PokerStars in 2012😅 To be honest, I don’t remember exactly how I got there, but in my opinion it was because of the advertising.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
In the UK I played many Card Games for money, from Cribbage to Don, blackjack and 3 card Brag among many many more, I get lost just thinking about them, but Poker was limited to 5 card Draw and Stud Poker, so I had an understanding of what constituted a Poker hand.
Texas took off for me back in the late 90s early 2,000 as a new Variant I had never heard of, and the one thing that excited me was, in 3 Card Brag if you could not match your opponents bet you had to fold, so the player with the biggest bankroll had an advantage over the other players, Rules did change in that you could cover the pot with your cards meaning basically you were all-in, but if you lost it was game over and you could not re-enter the game.
In Texas however you could have a rebuy in some Tournaments if you wanted so it became more popular and attractive.
Television promoted Texas Hold-em on late night Poker shows and I was bitten by the Poker bug! But being careful and wary of anything on the Internet I did not trust anything that promised Free Money (freerolls) and took very tentative steps into poker sites, If I couldn't play for free I just wasn't interested.
Do I make a living from Poker? No! But I possibly could if I put my mind to it, But in all my years of Gambling I have never wanted to make a living from Gambling of any kind. Even playing the Stock markets is a gamble, and I have made a few investments over the Years, but Gambling with your income is a very serious business, and for me I prefer to play purely for Fun!

When the Fun Stops, STOP!

Richi1965

Richi1965

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
NL
Chips
i discovered Poker about 15 years ago when pokerstars still could run in the netherlands and they began a nationwide tourney called
"de pokerkampioen van Nederland" in almost every city and village there were qualifiers to the national final

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I discovered poker about 16 years ago from my Uncles and learned from them the basics , They would have a SitNGo with 5 to 10$ buy in tournament game every Saturday night with other friends, i used to watch theme, and with time they invited me at a young age to start playing , it was really nice and fun days

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ex-colleagues played after partying

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I watched some video on YouTube very much and I decided to try it too and it was a long time ago I don't even remember what year it is, and now I'm playing poker today and I can't stop being happy every day that poker is still as cool as it has been for so many years, the same game has been fun, it's cool!

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Discovered poker on television, the wsop was on and I watched it without understanding.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
through a relative who was dedicated to playing online games on the computer, who introduced me to the game and showed me that you could make money playing on the computer based on cards, at first I didn't believe him, but he made me create an account and win a few dollars in low and free limits and from there I fell in love with the game

MathMDI

MathMDI

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I started with Poker when I was very young, I played “Truco” with my family and I was looking for a Truco site to play online and I ended up finding a site that also had Poker, I decided to venture into Poker and since then I haven't stopped playing.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watched some poker show on late night tv. It got me interested, so i started to play online on party poker (was a very good platform back then).

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I discovered watching the wsop main event around 17 years ago. I was 18 years at that time and I've had played a lot at that time. Then I had to take a break of a couple of years when I was in college and came back to play when the covid pandemic started. Now I'm graduated and have more time to play, so, I kept playing even after the pandemic was over.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I discovered poker in the 90s, I watched the WSOP on a TV broadcast, even though I didn't understand anything, I fell in love with the game.