How did you become a successful poker player?

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I lived from poker for years, but I don't consider myself successful, and in those many years I had 3 losing months.
I prefer to call myself a winning player. Because I didn't add anything to my bankroll apart from the initial $100.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
to be a successful player you need to play and study poker for many years only your coward and diligence will help you quickly become a successful player Everyone who has become a successful player has worked hard and studied what he plays or gets a lot of money from it the easy way you will not be successful only a few people become successful easily and diligence is successful but it doesn't last long so just learn poker and you will be successful someday the main thing is to train

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Well i will tell you when i become one :) check some articles and good players info how to become one

drinker

drinker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Guys how did you become an successful pokerist?
I have been playing poker for more than 12 years but I have not become a successful player. Due to the lack of time, I play quite rarely, and I treat poker only as a hobby. But in any case, during these 12 years, I learned at least not to spend my own money on the game, and I honestly consider this an achievement :)

vladsink

vladsink

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BY
Chips
when I become successful, I will immediately inform you

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the early days, I studied A Lot and researched the histories of the hands played by successful opponents.
I played more cash games and tournaments only occasionally.
Nowadays, poker is a hobby among others and cash games have been left out.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Apply yourself and don't give up.

Look for any materials which will garner new or deeper understanding of the game, its' nuances and tactics.

Always strive to improve, identify mistakes, leaks, think about things you could have done differently or ways you might have played better.

Oh and of course...

... join CardsChat! :D

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The game study is the fundamental basis for success.
Already being a regular player you have to add basic concepts
1) discipline
2) bankroll management
3) hours of gameplay
etc
The passion for the game is what leads you to do all of the above

Greetings:):):)

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I became a great player after many years of training and study. You have to have patience and learn a lot to be the great player that everyone dreams of being.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
By playing online from 2003-2014. People were totally clueless back then. After that, I retired - at least from poker as a way to earn money.