How to turn off after long poker session?

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Hi there! :)

Relax - watch movies, painting, sleep... :)

G

Galette71

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi yes it can be tuff to put the switch to off mode... but for me a good shower. And after a good supper, hopfully not home

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have the same problem, when I played poker and go directly to bed, I can't sleep. What my rule is, never play poker 1 hour before you go to bed.. Or wait a hour before going to bed and drink some beer and watch tv. Otherwise I will have a horrible night.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I like to drink a few beers after playing, I never drink while I play so a couple after a long game is my way of rewarding myself for playing well, and if I win I deserve to celebrate.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

martinlgs

martinlgs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It does not matter to me. I do not consume liquor or drugs, it can be a long and exhausting day but as long as you have a good mental and emotional balance and a good diet, the latter cannot be absent, along with a good hydration

JOSEALBERTV

JOSEALBERTV

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I'll tell you a bit about what I do generally, maybe I can help you with something.

First it all depends on the level at which you have remained after a day of poker, if your mood is good it means that you did very well, it will be much easier just watch some videos of what you like and savor your moment of glory the dream will come alone.

Now if the case is different and it was a negative day, it is essential that you drain that scream several times, then prepare a tea, then put on classical music and meditate that will relax you, believe me and you can sleep in peace.

Now for those who consume a lot of alcohol and drugs, I recommend that apart from quitting, they only play poker as a hobby, because poker does not forgive mistakes, it takes a lot of study, concentration and dedication if you want to make it your profession, greetings and I hope it will serve as something.

IllDaShystee

IllDaShystee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I consume medicinal marijuana followed with a 5 minute stretch and 5 minutes cardio while listening to some motivational music. I also start most online grinding days the same way.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually, when the game is not going on, I switch off, get out into the street and walk for a long time, this gives me the strength to recover.

Hitmanshoot

Hitmanshoot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was replying to another thread and it reminded me of one questions I have yet to find an answer for.

How do you turn off after a long days poker?

I have found specifically playing live but also happens in online that after a long days playing poker I find it hard to winding down. I tend to reply hands that I did not do well in, how I could of avoided bad beat X or should of have value betted more in hand Y.

Personally I smoke before and after playing poker that help me to rest focused hahaha

I have seen guys turn to drink and in some cases drugs (no judgement) however I have seen the effects this has the next day and reliance on these grow over time.

So I ask you all, what do you use to turn off after a long session of poker and if you do use alcohol or drugs what how do you it in check? Or do you think someone should even be playing if it causes this kind of stress on their system?

I'm really interest to hear all your thought on this?
Personally il smoke a little bit before playing to rest calm and focus only in playing important hands.

kisjanik24

kisjanik24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

it happens to me a lot of times that I still dream of her while I sleep or I can't fall asleep because she was either upset or I won: D

P

Panda19977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When it’s not to late I go for a run ��*♀️
Especially after bad games