How realistic to earn $25-50/day in the short term?

sarjdgo

sarjdgo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, im a player from mexico, I really love to play poker, just started to play at the mid of 2020, right now I cant play/study so much, so im in freerolls.

I tried cash games only at pokerstars zoom tables, with not very bad results, but im not a winner player yet.
I find that tourneys are little more easier for me, specially sit n go of 45 players 0.25 buy in (havent tried higher buyins yet)

I will end my actual work in 2 months, and start postgrade studies, not very demanding in time, i will have several hours of daily free time, and I will love if i can do $50 daily from poker in the short term, i can pay a good lifestyle with that, and i cant have a journey of work and study at the same time, so i need a little income.

Its realistic to have a goal of $25-50 at the 2022 improving my poker playing?, im new in this, but im taking it seriously seeing the potential of pay my lifestyle in a country like Mexico, when i need only $25-50 daily income for a nice lifestyle, obviously, i will continue to improve my game.

What is your experience? Any recommendation or comment is welcome!

Thank you so much for your help, i wish you all the best (not against me pls). :D

sarjdgo

sarjdgo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can anyone move this to the right place please? i guess is the Learning Poker sub-forum. Im sorry about post in the wrong place, i hope you understand me.

I taked a break the 20 of April and moved from pokerstars to ggnetwork, im only playing all freerolls i can (in stars, ipoker, gg, party), my username in gg is sarjmx and at other sites is sarjdgo if you want to search my results, are in negative becouse i was learning to play with real money.

I got back to poker a week ago and only at freerolls, searching to improve my game.

I will make this thread a daily follow of my game, so, i hope any moderator to move it to the right place please.

Yesterday, i got 67/685 of a private freeroll at Natural8, and today i played a T$ Builder of 0.25, 17/103 with the freeroll winnings.

I will continue tomorrow with another 0.25 T$ builder, im thinking about register right now to other more but i need to end at 9 p.m. or before :p

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on what you play. In MTT it is not realistic to speculate a profit in the short term. In cash, I really don't know. In SNG it is perhaps the most realistic but it will depend on your ROI and the volume you play. For example, if you play $ 7 SNG and have a 10% ROI, your expected profit per game is 0.70. To get to the amount you want, you would have to play about 40 per day, which is a totally reasonable number.
I hope my answer will serve you.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
EV vs EV

Realistic to earn any amount, it depends on your skill level and good fortune. If you are beginning, good fortune is a bigger key than relying on skill. .
If you are playing mostly free-rolls and a few SNG's, your return on free-rolls is going to be super low, except for Cardschat-type of freerolls. That is the nature of the normal free-roll; making the money is making some small change, usually.
You expected value for Sit N go is better than freerolls, I'd concentrate my efforts there.

As a player, if I was you, I would expect a hard grind, no matter what. Good luck, I hope the time and effort works for you.

J

Joselmb31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing freeroll I would tell you that it is almost impossible, not to kill your hope, but because many times that prize is not paid, and in any case you would have to win all the tournaments every day, to speculate that amount on average (knowing that you have ups and downs in poker) you would have to play tournaments paying the entrance. then winning or losing them depends on your skill at the tables.

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As a beginner the most realistic outcome is being losing/breakeven. With a lot of study you can certainly get to 50% a day, with a lot of grinding.

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In cash game it's easily possible if you're properly bankrolled and play accordingly. If you take the daily wins and losses and average them out monthly you'll have no issues making profit if you're a good player. Don't focus so much on a daily goal, focus on playing good poker and not tilting or chasing losses. Stick to a solid strategy and grind it out for an extended period of time. With the good comes the bad so all days will not be looking up, you just have to focus on volume and your long term investment. Keep focused and continue grinding, you'll see the graph steadily grow.

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Welcome to the world of poker where everyone can be rich fast and with no effort
just say how much you need,

oh it is better if you were white though

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you want to make money in the short term, then you just need to get a job. Poker is a game for patient and persistent players, haste will only bring you losses.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
OK Sarj, here's the situation:

Right now, you, Sarj, are currently losing money. No amount of play is going to change that. You aren't losing because you don't have enough time or because you aren't playing enough. You are losing because you currently are playing a flawed strategy.

Your current ability on sharkscope is 50. That is not where you need to be to be a winning poker player.

Your average stake is 1.26 GBP and your ROI is -50% meaning... if you spend $100 in tourney fees this month, you're going to lose about $50 after all is said and done.

Now don't get me wrong, you have potential. On top of the 12 wins in the past quarter, you've final tabled 7 times. Not terrible over 200 games. But not good enough.

Since your high stakes loss (what were you playing that game for?!), you've been playing a bit better, a bit tighter perhaps, but still a losing overall strategy, I'm afraid.

So you want to make $25/month. It's doable. But not without time and effort.

Number 1: Take the free 30 day cards chat poker course. If you don't have time for that, quit poker.

Number 2: Stop playing those weak hands.

Number 3: Stop playing those weak hands you think are good from early position.

Number 4: Stop the fancy play.

Number 5: Stop bluffing until you can tell the difference between a bet and a bluff.

Number 6: Identify which game is your forte. For some, its the long deep MTTs, for others it might be 8-Max, 6-Maz, SpinNGo, etc. For example. I'm still managing to play longer games without losing my focus. 45-seat SNG? No problem. I can crush those (from $0.50 to $1.50)... But some of the longer, multi-day tourney's I struggle.

Number 7: Beware of Spin N Go's. For new poker players, Spins (and to a certain extent cash Zooms) are like crack. They're fast and furious and generate excitement and encourage gambling. Clearly, you're here to win, not to gamble.

To your credit, you are a top 25% player in the SNGs...but you still need to get that moving towards top 10% (but don't dwell on this stat as it is only indicative).

8. Based on the small margins you do win, you will find you are going to need to play a fair number of games per day to meet your financial objective.

9. Make sure you have the bankroll to support the pursuit. And this clearly means your play on March 23rd should have been out of bounds for you. That game as waaaaay outside your bankroll.

10. Stop committing all your chips so early in your games. From your stats, I can see that most of the time, you exit a tournament early. Your ration of late to early finishes is vanishingly small...which makes it rather difficult to cash. Based on your early exits, you are either playing far too many hands, getting involved in too many multiway pots (and losing) or putting far too many chips into the pot, given your range vs your opponents' ranges. So just bloody stop it. Being a good poker player is not risking all your cash on mediocre holdings.

11. Stop playing the same way in every game. A short-stacked hyper turbo freeroll cannot be played in the same way a Deep-stacked Normal tourney. The former has no real risk, but potential reward. As a result, people play in freerolls like they don't care. QQ might be shovable from early position in a tight game, but when it risks multiple calls regardless of hand strength, there is a pretty decent chance that after four callers somebody is going to hit AA, KK, 2-pair, a straight or a flush. Heads up, no problem. Under the gun... not so much.

12. You didn't understand when they emphasised position, position, position.
You think you did...but probably not. If you were to get yourself a HUD, you can actually, over time, identify what hands are profitable from which position.

I can tell you, from my stats, it doesn't really matter what my hole cards are. If I play from UTG, UTG+1, UTG+2, I'm more likely to lose, even with a strong starting hand. The idea of what you THINK is strong is very different depending on where you are sitting. I know plenty of people who would fold AJo from UTG...whereas there are others who routinely shove AJo from UTG. What do I think? It depends. But its risky.

13. Until you have very good reads on your opponents, do not slow play. You find yourself with AA, KK? DO NOT SLOW PLAY. Raise, divide and conquer. Limped in with small pocket pair and hit a set? DO NOT SLOW PLAY. There are exceptions and it does depend on position and pre-flop action. But generally, the rule should be: get your money in whilst you have the best hand...

14. Fold more. Yes, this comment is the same as you're playing too many hands, but nobody listens the first time. Fold more.

15. Stop calling. No, this isn't the same thing again. If you approach the hand as "either bet or fold", you will quickly see that a significant number of hands you used to call with, you cannot bring yourself to bet with. These are the hands you should stop playing for now (ie until your decision to play is based on opponents' play, and not simply your hole cards).

So the idea here is to up your game by ensuring you are playing a stronger range, as well as ensuring you are adding aggression to the game. If you are not confident enough in your hand to win at showdown, why call? (this is overly simplistic, but for a beginner, it is good enough).

What you will find is that you will hardly play any hands, but your success will be remarkably better.

This leads us to the next bit...

16. Start multi tabling. What you are going to find, is that once you tighten up your range and play positionally, you're hardly going to be involved in any pots. So then you will get bored. Then you will play a marginal hand because you've folded the last 20 in a row and "everyone thinks I'm a nit now" and the you play your rubbish cards, hit one of them and now are playing with a top pair poor kicker for waaay too many chips by the time the river has hit.

So, playing an extra game or two or three (or more once you get comfortable) will help to combat the "playing out of boredom" activity. The problem with multitabling is that it is more difficult to use player intel player behaviour as an indicator because your attention is now split across tables and you are no longer watching how people play when you're not in the hand.

17. Get a HUD.
Even if the only stat you use from your HUD is VPIP, you will put yourself in a much better position. This tells you how often a player puts their money into the pot voluntarily. Fish have high VPIPs, Nits have low VPIPs, TAGs around 20 and LAGs over 25 (for example. some would disagree with where I draw the lines. It doesn't matter as long as they get drawn.)

This will encourage you to fold pre-flop where someone has a very low VPIP or may encourage you to call/raise and see the flop if hey have a high VPIP.

PFR, CB, FCB, also very useful stats. If csomeone has a stat of FCB 100, you can expect me to be cBetting into those folks. But if it is zero, I won't CBet unless I have hit.

18. find a buddy. Playing poker can be lonely, but that's not why you should have a poker buddy. Your poker buddy's job is to play better than you and to keep you honest and be critical of you when your discipline wanders. I chat with my poker buddies all the time over discord. And we observe each other when playing. (Note: no cheating. Do not discuss any hand in progress.)...BUT do discuss the hand afterwards to figure out what you did right or wrong. Plus, it really does take away some of the loneliness of poker.

I could go on. The list of things to do, change, improve, avoid is long and ever growing in poker. But first and foremost, you need to have sufficient discipline to go alongside your winning strategy.

Good luck!

ObbleeXY

sarjdgo

sarjdgo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
God, your answers are great!!! specially the last one, thank you so much.

I was playing the sunday million aniversary at pokerstars, but i dont bought the ticket i won it with a little pay satelite hahaha, thats why my graph go down $215 suddenly.

Today i played a "Magic Cards" tourney of free ticket at partypoker and get the 6th place, $5 SPIN ticket won, and lost in 2nd place... i was about to win but... i lost two pairs vs KKK.

Right now im in 0.25 T$ builder at GGNetwork in 2nd place, hope to go to the last table!

You are right, my game was very bad before, im now playing more seriously, before, i was registering in a lot of tourneys not taking aware any br management and my graphs just maked me re think my way of play and read a lot about how to manage all my game.

I will do the 30 days CardsChat course for sure!

Thank you so much specially to jadaminato, i got the idea of how to calculate my expectatives based in the ROI and volume of play at SNG, and ObbleXY for the time to make a realist answer, it cant be done better, really guys you motivate me to effort more and i will be posting my advance this 2 months with only freeroll winnings at this post, or any other question too.

After this 2 month freeroll training, i will think about how much real money i will put to have a nice BR management and whats the format of play that adapts best according to my game, im thinking right now in SNG, but i will let you know my decision and make another post to put my results every day.

You are a great community, best wishes for all you!

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It is very difficult, but it is not impossible.

Good morning, the secret of poker is in the volume of games, the vast majority of winning players play many Mtts a month, and if you want to live off poker, you have to play more than 600 Mtts and combine with Sit´gos. And to have an average profit of $ 25 a day playing Mtss with low buyns, you have to be a very good player, well above the average. And since you started playing recently, you have to learn what the open ranges of each position are, to know about 3bet ligth, what is the size of the stack to go All in, which hands to call All in, to know which are the best edges to bluff, learn about pot odds, if you want to live off poker you have to study hard and practice hard.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course it is possible. How fast you reach your goal is up to you. But still, I think it takes time. I think that such a goal can really be achieved in two or three years. But in any case, it is not easy money, it is hard daily work.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is not so easy as it can seems for the first time. My advice for you is to keep your job or find another one, and play poker in your leisure time. I saw many people with many years of experience in poker, and lots of them can,t earn money, at least enough money for comfortable live playing poker.
Right now there are lots of freerolls at 888 and some other sites, just try to use it, look for some cool promotions at different sites and you can build the bankroll and have some free money from the rooms.
This game is not so easy and to earn $50 every day is not so easy, believe me.

B

BOMDEBLEF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
possible is because poker is a game of patience so take it easy

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To earn $25-50 a day, you need to have a bankroll of $500 per game, be disciplined, and be prepared for defeats, because this is part of the process. It is quite possible to earn such money, but on average it is a dollar per hour, so you will have to consider it as an investment for the future.

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$ 50 a day would be a great income

Hi, im a player from Mexico, I really love to play poker, just started to play at the mid of 2020, right now I cant play/study so much, so im in freerolls.

I tried cash games only at pokerstars zoom tables, with not very bad results, but im not a winner player yet.
I find that tourneys are little more easier for me, specially sit n go of 45 players 0.25 buy in (havent tried higher buyins yet)

I will end my actual work in 2 months, and start postgrade studies, not very demanding in time, i will have several hours of daily free time, and I will love if i can do $50 daily from poker in the short term, i can pay a good lifestyle with that, and i cant have a journey of work and study at the same time, so i need a little income.

Its realistic to have a goal of $25-50 at the 2022 improving my poker playing?, im new in this, but im taking it seriously seeing the potential of pay my lifestyle in a country like Mexico, when i need only $25-50 daily income for a nice lifestyle, obviously, i will continue to improve my game.

Thank you so much for your help, i wish you all the best (not against me pls). :D
in poker you can generate a very reasonable income above $ 50 a day depending on your discipline and behavior in the game but it is difficult to maintain this goal of 50 a day because in poker there is a huge variance more with study and dedication one day we will get there ..

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also want to earn $ 50 per day playing poker, for me this is not a very bad income, but so far everything is very bad

H

hidayat1990

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
variable, obviously also depends on the hand, but to win a 1-2-3 hexapro tournament a day, or to play at cash tables and collect the prize there, the chances of doing so are greater than winning a tournament right away, but it will take more time. the point is patience: D but I see a chance, $ 50 is not such a big amount in today's world, you can win in as little as 1 day: D

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you want a fix income from poker in short term, especially from tourneys, you should use your common sense a bit, as it is not possible. Especially, if you have few hours for it/day. (strange, you want fix income, but you don't have at least 6-8 hours for a single tourney till the final table, where you can earn/win the significant amount....)

From low level, it is possible to average 50 bucks in mid run from multi Sng and/or CG. But it won't be like that, you have +xx$ every day, obviously... and you need at least 1-2K bankroll for the start....

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Holy schnikes dude now thats a quality post.
Hey what is Current ability on Sharkscope? Where you see that number and what it means?
Can you also look me up? Am i good am i bad, i have only free SharkScope version so can't even see much. Is ROI 480% good? And my level is 67 is tthat big number?
OK Sarj, here's the situation:

ObbleeXY

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think for a consistent income you would need to play sit and go's. You would also need to play at the stakes that are the most profitable and as well as the right number of tables for you. You can have a higher ROI with less tables, but make more money overall playing more tables.

Cash games to me are just a grind and it is boring. Maybe I win 1 big pot per hour- I could also lose that pot. Multi table tournaments have too much variance.

Playing 6 max sit and gos- I have had probably my best month ever playing only $10 and $20 buy ins. I cannot get onto Pokerstars website and am only playing on my mobile and can only play 2 tourneys at a time. I am probably averaging $40-50 per day. Some days I am double this, and on a poor day I break even.

I played daily for about 5 years, took 10 years off and have been playing daily for the last year. So it takes a lot of time, millions of hands to really hone your skills. It is absolutely possible, but I think if this becomes your ONLY source of income it will be stressful and not enjoyable.

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, im a player from Mexico, I really love to play poker, just started to play at the mid of 2020, right now I cant play/study so much, so im in freerolls.

There can be two approaches: If you play tournaments, you need a bankroll for a month for at least 100 byns in tournaments ..And the profit in tournaments is long-term, at least for a month you will win back tournaments and make a plus....If you consider the cache here, you can just win a little bit every day...And third, it all depends on what limit you will play at.. Naturally the higher the limit the more you can earn if you have the skill to do it:deal:

sarjdgo

sarjdgo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im thinking exactly in play $10 SnG like StealTheButton said :) , i like the soft game at GG, but there are not SnG... anyone plays at GGNetwork and whats the game more similar to SnG for you?

Thank you so muuch for the answers to all!

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

My recommendation, colleague, is that you continue playing those levels of 0.25 of 45 players until you make a good bankroll, it is more if you get to have 50 dollars, I would try those of 0.50 of 45 players, it does not change the game theme much.