How much would you earn via Poker/ month, to give up your daily job?

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The decision to quit my day job to dedicate myself to poker would be carefully evaluated, considering various factors. Financial stability is essential in this transition, and establishing a minimum monthly income threshold would be a fundamental part of decision-making.

If I could reach and maintain an average income of 3k a month for a significant period of time (1-2 years), I would seriously consider taking the plunge. Financial stability is crucial to deal with the natural fluctuations of poker and ensure a constant quality of life. Furthermore, the strategy of advancing entry levels and retreating to consolidate stability demonstrates a prudent and planned mentality, which is key in the world of poker.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good question. I suppose you would need to invest quite a bit to get a return, also probably multi table and play long hours. If you were skilled enough and had the bravery maybe high stakes cash could be profitable but that would be very high risk. I think that high roller cash games are probably for players who already have plenty of money.

MathMDI

MathMDI

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
For me to give up my job I would need to earn at least double what I earn today with my income at Poker

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It is very complicated to give up a secure income to go for an unguaranteed income like that from Poker. It's very dangerous. To go on an adventure like this I would first need to earn a substantial amount to guarantee an income of at least $2k for about 2 or 3 years. So after having this 'guarantee' and having been making a regular income of at least $2k for some time, then I would think about the possibility of leaving my job to make a living from Poker.
Finally, if advice was good it wouldn't be given but sold... but my advice is that you have something to do with Poker that makes you some money. The pressure for results for those who make a living from Poker must be something very bad...