How much would you earn via Poker/ month, to give up your daily job?

labatho

labatho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
Maybe its too indiscret, but if you aren't shy about it, tell me how much would you earn, and how much is the difference now to reach that number?

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Interesting question.

All I can say is that I am happy to have a decent paid job which I'd not easily give up for a varying and unsure poker income.

Additionally things like health insurance and payments for retirement as to consider, so I'd not easily give up my job for poker.

If I were to make a stable income by playing in a reasonable range, I would potentially consider to reduce my working hours but I doubt I'll ever get there. 😅

Also not sure I even want it. When you do something as a job, often it becomes less enjoyable since you cannot just stop doing it for a while if you're fed up. 🙂

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
i cant give up my job for un unsure poker incomes you are never sure that this incomes are stable ,however if i win big like a million $ i will think to give up my job and do some businesses

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To quit my job and dedicate myself to poker I would have to earn 1500 dollars a month. In my country 10 daleres are 1000 Argentine pesos. So it would be a great salary.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it would not just be about money. I would also consider benefits, security, consistency of income and long term consequences. I would also need to consider the value of my time and the quality of my life.

Given the fact that very few players earn the kind of money I would need to compensate for my current income and benefits - as well as the fact that it would greatly disrupt my life - I would not even give it serious consideration.

Now - if I was guaranteed about $200-300k annual profit I would re-think all of the above. But nobody can be guaranteed anything like that lol.

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
You never know how much you might earn 2 years from now, how inflation would go up. Just playing poker for a living would most likely never be an option for me as I don't see the stability in it. If anything I would quit my job if I earned enough to invest it in a way that I can stably get funds out of that. I would never just bet everything on poker and go with that.

If you forced me to just play poker and quit my job however, I'd say I'd need about 4-5k monthly at this moment to feel safe. 1,5-2k for every day living and everything else into saving/investments.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I can't let go of my retirement, I already get paid monthly, I don't work anymore, but if I was still working I would add salaries and benefits something around 100K a month

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I wouldnt want to rely on poker to survive daily as it would no longer be fun and become work and one with no security at that.
I would have to have enough money in the bank to be financially secure and not need or want for anything to quit my day job.
Any game should be fun, if its not fun then why play it.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Maybe its too indiscret, but if you aren't shy about it, tell me how much would you earn, and how much is the difference now to reach that number?
I am already retired by the government of the country where I live, and I have extra income from freelance work I do for the railway, which leaves me in a comfortable situation that I won't give up for any game.

If I depended on poker to live, I would starve.😁🤣🤣

I

IrishinSpain

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
I can't let go of my retirement, I already get paid monthly, I don't work anymore, but if I was still working I would add salaries and benefits something around 100K a month
100K a month???? Maybe 100K a year is more of a possibility

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
First i'm not shy never have been i was told shy kids don't get sweets ;) i don't work anymore but when i was i took home around $7,200.00/$7,500.00 a month so i would think some where around$10,000.00/$15,000.00 should be good.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Most online platforms are aimed at beginners, so poker operating companies introduce various restrictions to prevent professional players from winning very often.pokerstars has done and continues to do everything to cut off the professional audience and attract as many newcomers as possible. The main thing in poker is not to win more, but to lose less.

M

Magallaneroy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
1500 $ per month ❤️❤️❤️💯👍 I'm from 🇻🇪 and I love Poker 👍

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that you need to have some kind of nest egg to play and earn money only from poker. the variance is large, but I think that from $700 it’s stable

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I can definitely say that the money I could earn playing poker would not be enough to pay all my bills. For now, my work is the only source of stable income for me. Maybe in 1-2 years, when my bankroll will be big enough, everything will change and then I might be able to answer your question more precisely. So, see you in two years :)

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
play poker cannot guarantee you a stable income. unless you have a big savings saved up. I wouldn't do it.

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its not a reliable source of income, so theres esentally no money that can be worth this.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Interesting question.

All I can say is that I am happy to have a decent paid job which I'd not easily give up for a varying and unsure poker income.

Additionally things like health insurance and payments for retirement as to consider, so I'd not easily give up my job for poker.

If I were to make a stable income by playing in a reasonable range, I would potentially consider to reduce my working hours but I doubt I'll ever get there. 😅

Also not sure I even want it. When you do something as a job, often it becomes less enjoyable since you cannot just stop doing it for a while if you're fed up. 🙂
I was going to answer something really similar to this comment.
I take poker as a serius hobby (if that's make sense). And if I can have some income from it, then better.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it would not just be about money. I would also consider benefits, security, consistency of income and long term consequences. I would also need to consider the value of my time and the quality of my life.

Given the fact that very few players earn the kind of money I would need to compensate for my current income and benefits - as well as the fact that it would greatly disrupt my life - I would not even give it serious consideration.

Now - if I was guaranteed about $200-300k annual profit I would re-think all of the above. But nobody can be guaranteed anything like that lol.
I dont think a lot of people consider how expensive things like health insurance are.

A retirement plan is another thing that often is not considered.

Many people would have to make considerably more playing poker than their current job paid just to make up for the cost of the benefits.

Benefits usually cost more for an individual than a group.

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker income is variable, so earning a fixed amount per month is not guaranteed, so the only way for a person to quit their job would be for them to win good prizes in tournaments and invest to generate passive income, to be able to dedicate himself exclusively tho poker.

Last edited:
Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Around 5k. I hope to reach the first million before the age of 70.