E

easy play

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
50 - 60 Buyins for Cash games &
150 - 200 Buyins for tourneys seem reasonable

bankroll management is essential, but what's more important is to have an edge in the games you play.

TirariAchref

TirariAchref

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
If you don'y have experience just start with the freerolls tournaments.

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to stick with 50-100+ buying for any one given game, whether it's a tournament, sit and go or cash games. The swings aren't as bad towards the bankroll and it ends up making the experience more enjoyable.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So a couple posters have talked about play money poker. This is a really bad idea in my opinion. You don't even get a feel of poker when people are playing for "free", Of course, I would never be one of those that "tells" or demands someone to listen to me, but in my 20 years of poker playing, sometimes seriously, now mostly recreational, I would never advise anyone to play free money poker, at least free rolls have real money if you win.

D

denis_og79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's kind of relative, there are people who have not invested anything and are able to raise money through the freeroll and study through the content available on the internet

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, it all depends on your financial capabilities, but personally I had enough of $ 20. $ 20, in my opinion, is more than enough to learn how to lose a bankroll. :D