Don't give them your $$$,,,,take their's! :deal:

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I would like to know how much you invest to start poker in tournaments or cash and studying to start poker:rolleyes:
Always start studying, it's crucial.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The most expensive thing that you invest is time. You can play for free, but whether it will cost 4-5 hours of time to be able to win $ 20 under the condition of many who wish to win or invest your money with the likelihood that you may not return it, it's up to you.

Sansam

Sansam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always invest an amount that I will not regret in case of loss and that will not harm the current financial condition.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you are truly a beginner, start with the free rolls till you get comfortable playing online and used to the basics of poker. If you can deposit I would start with $1.10 buy in and deposit 110. With 100 BI you will get more likely than not a minimum of 150 tournaments before you go broke if you do. Remember poke is not just easy money and if new it will take time.

If you looking for training material, go to the library and check out some books from solid poker players. There is also a ton online as well information as well for players.

B

baykoshkar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are truly a beginner, start with the free rolls

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am convinced that apart from investing your own time, you do not need to invest anything else. The main thing is your time and your desire to achieve the goal. I believe that every patient and disciplined player can build a bankroll by playing freerolls. Try our free course and it will help you achieve good results much faster and without any financial investment.
https://www.cardschat.com/become-a-winning-poker-player/

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

10 or 20 dollars per month !!! and I analyze videos and statistics !!

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends on how far you want to go...

Good morning everyone, whenever someone asks a question related to poker, almost always the answer will have the word depends.How much to invest? It depends on how much you know about poker, it depends on how far you want to go. In my opinion a player who is just starting out should take a course first and even if he doesn't have the money at the moment he should look for free courses on the internet, there is many mainly on youtube.Once you get a sense of how to play poker making a bankroll is easy, I even recommend 888poker's website, I'm surprised by the amount of tickets they give away, at the moment I have 57, today I played a free $50,000 euro2020, more of 14,000 players and rewarding starting at 4,500 with $5.00 and 1 place won $2,500, I won a ticket to play a $500,000 free, I play micro and I got a $16.50 Mtt ticket from the site, in my opinion 888poker offers the best rakeback.

Attachments

• freerolls 888poke  57 ingressos.jpg
    freerolls 888poke 57 ingressos.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 26
TrpeLoco

TrpeLoco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5$ And play the Hand od the day

Attachments

• IMG_20210709_103424868.jpg
    IMG_20210709_103424868.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 27
L

Lucky River

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started with 10 dollars and have not invested for a long time, but only make a withdrawal of money))

N

Nismo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$0 should be more than enough. There's plenty of free study material available, plus freerolls and play money tables and tournaments to practice for free.

I think this is a great start for anyone who's new before putting in any starting capital. Freerolls can help build a bankroll and provides a way to practice the strategies you study risk free.

It's got to be said that the competition in freerolls can be strange, be careful of the first few minutes where maniacs are just going to go all in. Once you survive this wave, the game becomes a bit more civilised but the players are still quite loose until you get fairly deep into the tournament.

Once you've built up some free money there's no harm in trying throwing it at some micro tournaments. Paid tournaments, even at 10c are a lot more civilised than the freerolls. From there you can work your way to 100 buy-ins to the next level of tournament.

I'd recommend 888 Poker for this as they have a lot of freerolls to get you going and a few 10c, 50c and $1 tournaments throughout the day to help snowball those freebies.

Once you're comfortable with the micro tournaments you can start investing money if you want, but if you're doing well you shouldn't need any more cash

Good luck at the tables

A

Axe1Gold

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I would like to know how much you invest to start poker in tournaments or cash and studying to start poker:rolleyes:

Play cardschat freerolls if you are a good player you dont have to invest.

If you lose in this freeroll never mind but you can make money with it.

TrpeLoco

TrpeLoco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you register for Hand of the Day?

Every time I click on it it just times out....

Maybe it's PC version only?

Registration od not required
Just play min 5NL
Win 3 times with ....

Attachments

• IMG_20210624_225349252.jpg
    IMG_20210624_225349252.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 27
B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is not necessarily an investment. Put money you can lose (don't spend money of the children's milk lol). If it's just for fun, play with free coins (lol). Putting money into poker is just one way to make the game more exciting. Note: I'm not belittling the professionals.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I agree with a lot of these statements, which basically are saying "Stick to what you are comfortable with losing" Follow the 1% of your bankroll rule and you really cannot go wrong, unless you are the World's worst player.
Players play for different reason's, I play because I enjoy playing, it's that simple, I don't want to win huge amounts, I certainly don't want to lose huge amounts either, So for me I can enjoy a $5 buy-in as much as I can, playing a free-roll on-line.
In a Live game I might play for £5 buy-in or could play a £25 buy-in, depending on the way I feel at the time, Money is relative to the person playing, if you can afford to deposit $100 a month, then good luck to you, But if you cannot afford that kind of money, play as many free-rolls as you can and try and build your bank-roll for Free! It is certainly possible.
If you are a beginner, learn to crawl before you can run, there is no fun in winning $20-$30 in a free-roll, only to lose it all in the very next game, Poker can be very cruel, even the best hand pre-flop (A/A) can get cracked by a bad River card.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

M

moularaki

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
consider playing freerolls to start
if you win somme then you'll have a bankroll to start with

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
No financial investment is required to become a successful player. But you have to invest your most expensive asset, it's your time. And if you are patient and disciplined enough then you will be able to become a successful player.
Good luck.

M

mouTAT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$0 should be more than enough. There's plenty of free study material available, plus freerolls and play money tables and tournaments to practice for free.
Personally I ve been playing play money for long time before I start real money I don't think it's a good way to learn cause people only gamble rarely seeing strategies in there just limping and shoving u barely gets in HU during the game in cash game and have to get to late stage in mtt to be able to see some good playing

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically, you should only invest as much money in poker as you can bear. If you play for amounts that you cannot afford, you will play anxiously and therefore not play your best game.

If you play poker tournaments, the following applies.
Experience has shown that 100 buy-ins best reconciles your interests in high chances of winning and low risk of loss. Don't play tournaments that you don't have 100 buy-ins. In other words: Never invest more than 1% of your bankroll in a tournament.

In cashgames I would proceed like this:
You always buy in with a full stack (100 big blinds) at a table. 100 big blinds are a buy-in. If you have 25 buy-ins of the next higher limit, you can move up to that limit. If you only have 25 buy-ins of the next lower limit, you have to go back there. The PokerStrategy.com bankroll management You have limit to play buy-in at the table

less than $ 100 NL2 (0.01 / 0.02) $ 2
less than $ 250 NL4 (0.02 / 0.04) $ 4
less than $ 500 NL10 (0.05 / 0.10) $ 10
less than $ 625 NL20 (0.10 / 0.20) $ 20
less than $ 1,250 NL25 (0.10 / 0.25) $ 25
less than $ 2,500 NL50 (0.25 / 0.50) $ 50

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I invest so much that there is no bad beat when my girlfriend finds out.

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

You could invest what ever you like, but you need to have a good bankroll management, and play only with 1% of your bankroll

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

If you are truly just starting, and you do not even know what format is going to be your choice, I would say Deposit an amount that you have every intention of losing. You cannot be expected to start bankroll management if you don't know if you are a cash game player or tournament player