How many rivals in the battle for the bank?

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Dear Cardschaters! :ciao:
Imagine the situation: you are playing at a standard table of 9 people. Everything happens on the preflop and you don't have a monster hand. Bets begin: small blind, big blind, someone makes a call, and as a result, a certain number of players begin the battle for the pot. And you too.

:questionm:questionm:questionm:questionm:questionm:questionm:questionm

Let's discuss: how many rivals in the battle for the bank do you consider acceptable and why?
Does it even matter to you how many players are against you?

Last edited:
SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
There are various answers to your question: betting happens pre-flop, I've got a killer hand: please, please, why are you all so jumpy all of a sudden? :( Stop increasing the risk for me and just let me win this time!
betting happens pre-flop, I've got a dubious hand: I must be drunk or something. Let the fight begin!
betting happens post-flop, with killer hand: Yes, yeeesss! Please bet more, I implore you!
betting happens post-flop, with dubious hand: I fold asap and lick my wounds.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
There are various answers to your question: betting happens pre-flop, I've got a killer hand: please, please, why are you all so jumpy all of a sudden? :( Stop increasing the risk for me and just let me win this time!
betting happens pre-flop, I've got a dubious hand: I must be drunk or something. Let the fight begin!
betting happens post-flop, with killer hand: Yes, yeeesss! Please bet more, I implore you!
betting happens post-flop, with dubious hand: I fold asap and lick my wounds.
I added that it was a preflop, but I thought it was clear enough. You understand that there is no exact answer about whether you have a winning hand until you see the cards on the table.:)

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I added that it was a preflop, but I thought it was clear enough. You understand that there is no exact answer about whether you have a winning hand until you see the cards on the table.:)
In that case, I can give you a more general answer: the ideal amount of callers would be zero! Every single hand, lol!
But this is a joke answer ... hmm, the stronger your own hand is, the less competition you need. Just one rival whose pockets you hopefully can empty would be enough. But a weak hand, played as a bluff, with many callers, will drastically change the power dynamics of the table, if you so desire. As always: Most of it depends on the context. :albertein

P

plan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the hand is playable and the stakes are not outrageous, well, you are welcome. I play the pot odds with the hope of the nuts.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the fight for the pot, I think that the fewer opponents involved, the better.