How many pros have you played with?

A

AcesHighAGMA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
So far I've played with three pros. Scotty Nuguyen, Evan Jarvis and Phil McPhee. These were all online game! And I took took down the McPhee tournament.
So I have only played against Doug Polk online HOWEVER (and this was a few years ago) when I first signed up to pokerstars, they had an offer to give you 7 free 1$ tickets to their spin and win game. On my 7th ticket, I kid you not I rolled the 3K USD game (3600 CAD which I am in canada), which at the time was the highest. I ended up with only 500 out of 4500 chips, BUT came back and actually won the game.
I felt like a kid in a candy store when Daniel Negreanu actually said well played towards the end in a message to me. He had watched the game, and said he tends to watch anytime someone rolls the top roll as it was {at least at the time} sent as an announcement at the top of the window.

I honestly wish I had the record of the win, but I was so stunned I just got the cheque sent to me (In Canada gambling cheques can take up to 90 days to clear). It was the best day of my poker life so far.

This was around 4-5 years ago, so Pokerstars doesnt have the records past 365 days, and im not paying my bank 45$ for a copy of the cheque :p

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I doubt I'll ever come across a pro since they probably don't play on the micro levels. 😂

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Scotty Nuguyen, Elky, Tony Hachham (Joe's bro) at same live tables along with several grinder pros at APPT Australia.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Back in the day at "Doyle's Room" they had a weekly bounty tournament which featured 6 of his friends, all pros btw, w/$500 on each of their heads. It was pretty cool. This was about 12-13 yrs ago. I remember playing at a table w/Annette Obrestad and Todd Brunson. It was alright but they wouldn't reciprocate any chatter which led me to believe that, perhaps, it wasn't exactly them at the table. The game was held in the middle of the week on a Tuesday or Wednesday so I questioned it's integrity. I never saw Doyle at any of the tables but it still was fun to think he might show up one week.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
None, maybe I will play against pros one day, but not holding my breath

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Who falls under the definition of a professional player?

seirmelo

seirmelo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
As far as I know I have never played with a professional player until today.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Luckily none cause if i'd end up in the same table with them it'd be almost guaranteed that they do NOT take that particular game seriously at all lol ...

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't played with any yet

F

freedom4L

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Countless, but most memorable moment was KO:ing Ole Schemion online :D

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So far I have not had the opportunity to play poker online with a professional player, I think that goal is still a little far away, I mostly play poker at low levels, but I do not lose hope of someday playing against a professional, it would be for me a goal accomplished.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I remember sitting at a table with Sorel Mizzi and with Ole Schemion at two different Razz tournaments. The table with Ole was even a final table. Back then in 2010 I only knew his online name but I did not know him or his real name until a few years later. :)

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I've played with few pros, I remember once playing FTP with "Trueteller", I thought it was funny that he sat down at a low level table

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play with professionals with micro-limits unknown to anyone))), I will never get to such bets, but it seems to me that they can also be beaten

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So far I've played with three pros. Scotty Nuguyen, Evan Jarvis and Phil McPhee. These were all online game! And I took took down the McPhee tournament.
No one, I'm a little fish!

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've already played with a couple of poker stars professionals in tournaments, but to be honest I only knew they were professionals because the had the special avatar. I never played with a known professional.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Back in the day at "Doyle's Room" they had a weekly bounty tournament which featured 6 of his friends, all pros btw, w/$500 on each of their heads. It was pretty cool. This was about 12-13 yrs ago. I remember playing at a table w/Annette Obrestad and Todd Brunson. It was alright but they wouldn't reciprocate any chatter which led me to believe that, perhaps, it wasn't exactly them at the table. The game was held in the middle of the week on a Tuesday or Wednesday so I questioned it's integrity. I never saw Doyle at any of the tables but it still was fun to think he might show up one week.
Yes, I remember "Doyle's Room" and playing in those weekly bounty tournaments. I don't know when you wrote this post, but I believe it was 16 years ago, according to my records, from my perspective. You brought back some old, fond memories. On average, I believe many of the on-line players today are more sophisticated than they were back then. What do you think?

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played with a few Anne Duke, DN, Phil Helmuth, Money Maker, Gavin Smith, Jeff Madsen, Liv Boeree, Gus Hansen, Brian Townsend, Andy Black, Mike McDonald, Todd Brunson, Doyle Brunson, Doug Polk, Maria Ho, Shannon Elizabeth, Chris Moorman, Shaun Deeb, Tom Schneider, Grayson Physioc, Jared Hubbard, Several of the Mizrachi's, etc.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played with lex veldhuis and spraggy in pokerstars.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
with none, but I hope that in this life I will have this opportunity :), I would very much like to play against Daniel Negreanu :)

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've played against some professionals, I'm just not going to name names because the list would be long, all of them here from Cardaschat, I say that because to reach a final table I have to sweat. Now I leave a question in the air, would your name be on this list?;):unsure:

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Played a few back in the day on Full Tilt, they used to have a bounty on all the Pro's
Bounty

Then there was this one way back when
HUstars

I gave him a good game for a while then he turned it on and I was toast lol
Other than that have played a lot of people who think they are a Pro but only in their own mind:LOL:

N

NoMore

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never played against a professional player, but I love watching professional players play

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have played with a few Anne Duke, DN, Phil Helmuth, Money Maker, Gavin Smith, Jeff Madsen, Liv Boeree, Gus Hansen, Brian Townsend, Andy Black, Mike McDonald, Todd Brunson, Doyle Brunson, Doug Polk, Maria Ho, Shannon Elizabeth, Chris Moorman, Shaun Deeb, Tom Schneider, Grayson Physioc, Jared Hubbard, Several of the Mizrachi's, etc.

That must of been alot of live play is my guess. Inpressave names. You must have alot of great storys from this. Whats was your experaince with Shaun Deeb? I know his reputation and saw his reactions with others but MY first and only probally ever WPT main event was with him for about 8 hours and what he said to me after he was knoced out I will never forget. He was very nice to the one person who was not being a ass to him at the table and I was really honored to play with him.

Live I have played with several profesions I am sure but home many of they I could or any of us could name is few. I player with Shaun Deeb (WPT) and Vivi Salibi (wsop). I did have 2 time WPT and wsop champion Ron Rose at my table but it was for about 3 hands o that dont count. HAd a great time with Shaun and Vivi and was rivered by Vivi to lose knocking her out. She was a very classy lady to play with.

Online I played a few red pros in the days but none big.