How many hours can you play?

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The answer can be only one. As long as it has to take to win tournament.

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
If I make time, I play up to 8 hours in a day

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've started only being able to play one tournament a day, but playing one a day with full focus is better than absentmindedly playing four.

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
8 hours a day is max, after that I lose my focus and my ability to make good decisions goes down significantly.

J

JZacharyLucas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A decade ago, 8 - 12. Now, 4 - 6.

Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The other day, I managed to go about 8 hours during an ACR series event without getting burned out--then managed a slow burn for a 9th to reach 67th place. That's not usual for me though--I'd more lean toward 4 hours or so in a session, tops.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well it really depends, if im playing a few tournaments and i run deep in one and that one took lets say 6-7 hours im done after that, you mentally get tired after such a long run, probably the a break next day aswell and play the day after that.

but if i play sit&go's for 2-4 hours its fine maybe few hours later play 1 or 2 more

or sometimes when you get rivered in a few tournaments in 1-2 hours i'll just stop playing and do something else, sometimes you just feel its not going anywhere and you dont really wanna play if you're not feeling it and play tilted.

U

uspokerpro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I typically play at least 8hrs minimum per day online. My longest live session was 36 consecutive hours. Typical live sessions play at my local Moose lodge range on average 2 to 4 hours once weekly.

A

Alexio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play 4-6 hours, sometimes more in tournaments.

funnyhook3

funnyhook3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can Play 3-4 hours. the rest after a big break

W

wizz99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing 3-4 hour a night at the moment. Just wish I was a little better at it!!

A

alge0815

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After some hours you are loosing your concentration. So I would say that just the first 1-3 hours are effective. Of course a tournament goes longer. That’s why it is important to relax in the breaks.

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i can play 10 to 12 hours depending on the tournaments and how is my conditioning at the time.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have a record, but it was about 15 o'clock in the final was joyful. And if you need to endure more, of course you need rest.

N

nenkov407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the mood, the day and what I have to do. So my goal is to make poker my main source of income in order to have more time for my family but this doesn't mean that I have to play 8 hours a day. I break my sessions in an hour per session. So I sit play for an hour and check my result if the result is not satisfying and I would like to play more, here is where I have to force myself to get out of the damn table. Then I find something else to do for like 30 minutes, like cleaning or sleeping or meditation. And try again on the cash table for an hour. If the result is satisfying and I want to play more, I cash out my earnings and re-enter for another hour.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

All you can eat, baby! I switch from beer to coffee when I start to get tired or sleepy. Only 5 or 6 hours online.

E

edujah420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After five or six hours of tournament i feel the weight and the mental wear. I know myself but it's all about training and custom.

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think I would want to go beyond 4 hours regularly, but I am fine with playing for 2 hours. For this reason, I favour cash games, as a hobbyist like me can just leave and get on with other commitments without sacrificing a buyin I just paid for.

Markjduk

Markjduk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I only play for fun so I am not grinding out 10 hours a day, but I have gone deep on some tournaments where I have played 6 hours plus and my game suffers. I am at my best playing 2 - 3 hours with 2 glasses of wine, anymore wine and things go bad.