How many days a week is it recommended to play poker?

V

venturi03

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to know the experiences of players about the balance between their days dedicated to the game and also to their personal lives, as can be seen in the players who are winners and make good profits, they do not exactly play every day to obtain their results, what do they think about it?

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Players who actually play play a lot, a lot. Perhaps you are confused with VIPs, whose play at the table often looks strange and ridiculous. These are players who play strictly in certain rooms with which they have a contract. This has nothing to do with players who actually make money from their games, and not from advertising, promotions and other media matters...

Play as much as you can afford so as not to go crazy from flashing cards on the screen and not get lost in real life. Good luck!

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like to play every day but not in large quantities, but you might be looking for opinions from winning players, I'm not.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Poker is very draining, and taking a week off every now and then can benefit your game. Be careful not to demand too much from yourself. Everything has its time. Variance can throw you off track if you're not used to swinging.

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You can play every day if you want, as long as it doesn't affect your personal life or the lives of those around you...

M

Misanthrop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Take care not to get addicted. I play a couple of freerolls on 5 days a week. That's enough for me. It's rare that one session lasts longer than 3 hours

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you can do it daily, if it is not conflicting your normal life cycles and you are able to pay your bills and so on.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
20 year winning micro/low stakes rec/hobby pokerstars player who doesn't grind daily.

The perfect schedule to me is Thursday-Sundays doesn't matter if you play cash or MTT's that's when the majority are online playing. I include Thursday because Thursday afternoon here has some good MTT's and because well Thursday is most peoples pay day the real fish and degenerates can't wait to get home from work deposit and play. The early bird gets the best fish early while they got the most money in their pockets.

I'd then between Monday-Wednesday take 2 days in a row completely off and away from the tables. That leaves 1 day for study and hand reviews. If I wanted an extra day off I'd likely skip Thursdays. That'd be 3 days playing, 3 days off and 1 for studying and hand reviews. Find a good balance that works for you so you don't burnout, get sick of playing, don't need long breaks from poker and helps your control tilt.

Another thing I do is target the bigger series Pokerstars puts on yearly. In those I personally target mid-higher stake MTT's rather then the daily/weekly micro/low stake MTT's I play normally.

Now somewhere in there is the perfect schedule for you. Anyone with family, job and real life going on can't keep such a perfect schedule as I lined out above of course. But that's how I built my schedule and keep it that way as much as possible. I even go as far as to know exactly what MTT's are available that favor my style of play and what time they start each day Thursdays-Sundays.

EDIT: Another thing you wanna do is at least get good at double tabling when you play even if it has to be 1 cash and 1 MTT table. This likely be something you gotta work on and build up too cause at first it will likely feel like there's a lot going on, you're being rushed specially if you play mainly 6 max tables and you gotta keep the strategy on each table straight. Which isn't as hard as you'd think just takes a bit of practice and experience. I play full-ring tables mainly and once you get use to double tabling it's really good and personally helps keep me from getting bored and outta tougher spots with marginal hands that I play when I get bored.

Cheers!!!

Last edited:
Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if you have a lot of time to play poker, then play every day and try to play a lot of tournaments with the desire to win the tournament and not just play. If you don't want to, then you need to take a break and take a break from poker because you play too much, it's bad for the player and the game itself

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play like 5 days a week but sometimes I take a week off

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would like to know the experiences of players about the balance between their days dedicated to the game and also to their personal lives, as can be seen in the players who are winners and make good profits, they do not exactly play every day to obtain their results, what do they think about it?
I play for fun, in the evenings, after work. But it is obvious that a break is needed not only by ordinary players but also by professionals. In my opinion, playing every day is wrong. A break is necessary in order to regain form, a reserve of patience and concentration.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play every day I have time, when I get saturated I stop.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5 - 6 days a week for 4 - 6 hours per day

C

CNeagu46646

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
7 days a week 3-4 hours per day

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Well i don't remember seeing any direction on the label when i open the bottle so i just play every day for as long as i want or until i get tired.
I'm not in it for the money as i don't play for to much,now don't get me wrong i win as much as i lose so it's really just for entertainment for me.

Last edited:
R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I think this varies a lot from person to person and the time you have available to play, the more logical that the more you play, the more experience you will have and your profits will be greater.

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
I try to play at least one ☝️ season a day.

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I play every day)) it really happens that I feel like I'm going to take a break today)) well, I can take a break from poker for one day, but I try to play every day))

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
My opinion îs that 2-3 days should be enough to satisfy any deșire în poker 😁

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play every day, but when I have been playing a longer tournament, I will take a break for some days.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I do have a poker schedule for certain days of the week but its not locked in. If I wake up on a day off and feel like playing, I will play poker. On the flip side of that, if I am not feeling like playing or just tired, I will skip than day. If you feel or have to play it becomes work.

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many aspiring pros play every day . Its called grinding !You find a situation that is profitable and get in as many hands as you can .The rest of us just hope for some good cards and luck when we do decide to compete .

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello and welcome to the Cardschat forum:)
I might play every day if I had the opportunity and time. Yes, poker can be exhausting if we do not have time or work and play at the same time, so it is important to schedule playing times correctly so as not to fall into fatigue, anger, or boredom that leads us to lose. .

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only play in the evening and only where I play on a daily basis. I've been planning my time to play poker for years. You will also develop a game plan over time.