How long did you take to profit with poker?

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I’m playing over a year and I’m not there yet. No profits but no loss.
What is your story?
I have been playing poker for almost 12 years now. The first 2 years I just spent money. Only two years later I became a break-even player. And after about 4-5 years I started getting profit from the game.
Be patient :)

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Making a profit isn't difficult, conserving what you win should be your concern.

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
The more often you play, the more often you will be at the wrong end of bad beats and bad runs, silly decision and everything in between but eventually you have to hope that you will play that one tournament where everything goes your way and all that experience you've gained will get you there in the end.

valen.bs.95

valen.bs.95

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Oh, I haven't made money playing poker yet.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good morning everyone, I started playing poker at the end of 2018, and it took me 1 year to start being profitable and since then my chart has been going up. play a lot of freerolls and I learned to adapt to the software, according to my pokertracker 4, I need $128 for my worst losing streak, I don't explain why, but when I started playing in 2018 my worst dow was $57, then I took 6th place in an Mtt of $3.30KO from the PS and from then on my chart kept going up. The micro limit is very easy, just play for value and avoid bluffing recreational players because they don't fold anything.

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I won the Jackpot on GGPoker once. $56 in total. Everything else is hard work, but you won’t earn much at the micro limit. It takes a lot of time. You need knowledge and raising the limits

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hello,
I've been playing for a few years now, but I haven't really won yet! It goes up, down and in the end all the way down! but I don't deposit much, sometimes it happens that I deposit something every 6 months, but at most 10-20 euros and that only when there are special tournaments, Micro Millions or something! in short, I'm not really lucky in online poker! It's easy to get into the money ranks, but when it comes down to it, all of my premium hands fail! From time to time I reach an FT but that's it unfortunately! But for a hobby that I enjoy, that's not a lot of effort :)

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends more on the knowledge you have and the study, I started earning money when I took studying seriously and also finding which modality is best for me, and what I highly recommend is that you play satellites for tournaments, never pay the entrance to the tournament

Zaner

Zaner

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you have only been playing a year and breaking even your doing well. How long till profits start is hard to say. If your seriously studying the game and really working hard at it and reviewing your play it could happen sooner than later. There is really no time frame but you must remember poker is a long term game. For me I was a losing player for a few years. Once I took my study seriously I started to see improvement quickly and finally started to win.

One thing you should remember, Even if your a winning player you will have loosing years. I cant remember who the pro was who said this but if you win 2 years out of 3 your doing well. Also the winning years are usually good but the loosing years are not as bad. so you may win 50K each year your up but your loosing year may only be 10K down.

Best of luck to you.
tks for the tip,likewise

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
almost a month :) , pretty lucky , right ?! ..since then im all profit and playing from the winnings :)...not much but is free for me :)

X

Xcalibur

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I spent about 1 year. I've been very busy studying.

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Playing just daily gifts and free rolls makes me earn a profit from the beginning... Although it is not that much. But it offers an enjoyable experience.

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've been playing for 10 years now. The most I've ever won was $46 in the tournament. So not everyone is destined to win a million.:):):)
I said it all. For me, i like to play for fun. I dont seek money primarly. Sometimes i just play sleepy and make very dumb mistakes :x

MackemMan

MackemMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Don't play to make a profit (pure entertainment for me) but I have had a couple of very decent tourney (small buy ins) wins of over 2k. Guess I am still probably not in profit.....

B

bowserdon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Im up over $600.00 but its taken me forever.I think Im making about 4 cents an hour, The freerolls are a blessing