How long did it take you to learn how to play poker the way you wanted to?

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
when i am not winning , which is most of the time ,i am not playing the way i want . so i guess the answer is i still haven't learned .

M

Magallaneroy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
I'm still learning, I think that you never stop that process, every day you get better and better.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
It's pretty much an on going battle even once you get you're game down pat and are a winning player. You still need to study do hand reviews to keep your game on track so bad habits and tilt don't creep in.

The battle gets even harder if your goal is to improve and always move up in stakes. Once one finds a winning style of play that fits them upkeeping it, working in exploits to beat each stakes player pool isn't near as hard as improving and moving up in stakes to get past 50nl. That may will be my next challenge after a build up another bankroll to $2500+. Still kinda undecided if I wanna move up to 100nl as it's not and never was about the money for me.

Cheers!!!

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I can't complain because I'm quite new here, but I doubt there will ever be a time when I feel completely satisfied. From what I understand, even professionals are constantly studying.

K

Ketoupitou

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm still not playing at the level I want to, but I'm getting there!

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Every day I spend playing I feel like I still have a lot to learn! And seeing some professional players, I think that knowledge is always evolving.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I've been playing for 20 years and I'm still learning
I have not yet reached that stable level of poker that I would be satisfied with. So I still need some time. Although I've been playing for a long time. More than 15 years. Yeah, I've had some success over 15 years. The main success is that I've made a rule for myself that I can't break: "don't invest a dime in poker." :cool:;)

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I haven't learned yet, I think poker is always evolving, we have to keep updating ourselves.

laihuynh

laihuynh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
Currently, I'm quite unstable with my own playing style and I'm trying to relearn it.