How long did it take you to learn how to play poker the way you wanted to?

A

aleks361

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I learned to play well, I needed to learn to control myself, and then everything is stable, it's just a cold calculation

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's still not the way I want it, in fact there's a lot left. But it took a few years...

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I've been playing poker for more than 4 years but I can't say that I know everything. I think that no matter how much you play this game, you won't know, at least I'm good at it. As for me, each game can be unique in its own way, it all depends on the opponents and how they will deal the cards.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I've been playing poker for more than 14 year but It's still not the way i want it, Still need to improve many things.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am a student of the game and put lots of work into my game. What I have learned most is this. I have a lot to learn.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like golf, you probably never really get there. Enjoy the journey.

NootNoot

NootNoot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I don't play poker the way I'd want to.

Who wouldn't love to run tables over with a successful looser, aggressive style?

Instead I'm quite nitty (19 VPIP 6 handed) and can be somewhat passive.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips

Newzooozooo

I am bingo poker player I dont care I will go all in with everything

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips

@Newzooozooo

what is the difference between Q8 and AA all in, if the online link wants it, it will fool you anyway

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Playing for over 20 years and my basic strategy is the same but when I meet a better player I add bits and pieces from the playing style that beated me ,thanks everyone that wins over me you make me improve my gameplan.

andron205

andron205

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't think you need to measure the answer over time; for minimal earning skills, you need to play 10,000 tournaments, half a year, it's better to study for a year and then earn money

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Look at more or less 10 years... around.

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think you can ever be satisfied with how you play. When playing, atleast thats how it goes for me, I haave no particular end goal in poker, no sort of money challenge or goal. I guess you can say that the goal for me is just getting better every single day. Step by step, and we will get there.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It took me more than 15 years to reach the level I have today and yet I am still learning day by day to try to be better and one day be professional.

Stanley Aguiar

Stanley Aguiar

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In the first two years that I started playing, I had no idea about the world of poker. But when I started studying, I felt good. And so I continue, an eternal learner.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Even the most advanced players do not play perfectly and you need to look for mistakes in your game every time and think how to play with the maximum profitable in one situation !!!

broncho

broncho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
EC
Chips
Learning to play poker the way I envisioned was a transformative journey that spanned several months. The early stages were marked by confusion and setbacks, requiring a considerable investment of time in studying strategy and analyzing gameplay. Overcoming frustrations and adapting to the nuanced dynamics of the game eventually led to a more intuitive and strategic approach, turning poker from a perplexing challenge into a satisfying and ongoing exploration of skill and intuition.

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I've been playing for two years and I'm still studying because I don't know 100%

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been playing poker for around 15 years and I still have a lot to improve. I know I should dedicate more time to study and one of my 2024 goals is to dedicate more time to study than just play.

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Still in the process, but it's been over four years now. Hopefully, one day I can become a professional. The most challenging part is finding enough time to dedicate to it."