How Long Have You been Playing Poker?

O

otaktay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I first learned the game of Poker at around 13 years old. I dabbled a little with pokerstars in high school and quickly realized I had a bit of a knack for it. I would get into freerolls with like 2000 players and could consistently make it into the top 200 or so. I still have not dedicated what I would call "serious" time to learning and getting better at the game, but I have played a decent amount of hands over the past few months. Altogether, I'd say I have 3 or 4 months of solid experience, meaning somewhere around 100 to 300 hours of experience. Not much in the grand scheme, so I should be happy I already have a knack for the game.

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing

I have been playing poker for about 2 years and I hope to improve myself in every step I take in this beautiful sport .. I watch many videos and read many articles and I am also in this forum to share experiences and learn from you

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Started in 2005 only playing play chips, built up some knowledge and confidence and started playing for cash in 2006.

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Started playing in 2010, since 2016 I play regularly

oneloy

oneloy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Igrab is enough to start playing in a plus. But alas (

D

Denver225

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been playing for about 7years but, unfortunately, great results are not achieved.

charlesdenis

charlesdenis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider myself a new player because I played a little more than a year and I started to learn the strategies, skills before long.

R

RunoMont

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
two years

I have been playing poker for the last 2 years. in the first year and half I was just playing recreational poker lost around $500. for the last six months or so I decided to learn more and turn it into the real deal. :)

Fordeverest

Fordeverest

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've known the poker game for seven years, but I've been playing more seriously for three years. It's a lot to learn about being a pro.

R

RicardoInciarte

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
13 years playing poker cash table and tournaments

molodoi3000

molodoi3000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker about 10 years with big breaks. Generally for the sake of receiving pleasure, than for the sake of money

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Around 16 years online. My son got hooked on the TV coverage when it was popular. We played at the kitchen table. Made a deposit with PokerStars and then fulltiltpoker. Was hooked from there.

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
9 years professionally, 15 overall.

AshK44

AshK44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned how to play poker a long time ago just for fun with friends...but I’ve only played online for about 6 months. I love it!! I wanna play live sometime soon for the experience.

P

PokerEstrella

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Hey, I've been playing for "fun" for maybe 6 months worth of effort. But I want to spend more time playing seriously. I'm playing cash games with friends, and like anyone who aspires, I want to become a more solid players.

A person who would consider themselves either or pro, or cash positive, how long do would you say it took to reach your level, and what major milestones have you accomplished along the way?

Andrei Nesterenko1

Andrei Nesterenko1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
started playing with 2010goda, sometimes there are small breaks for a couple of months

F

FanfanV

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
how long

playing with friends once a week and online at pokerstars for a few years

BigRedRooster

BigRedRooster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Greetings all.

I'm quite new to the game, having only played a month or so. I've read a few books and get loads of fun playing. I just wondered how random are the hands? I'm on PokerStars and think I pley a relatively tight game. But seem to get beaten a lot on the river playinh AK, KK etc. Especially against the big money players. Is this just bad luck?

Cheers

Slav4obaby

Slav4obaby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
from 10 years I enjoy playing poker

Aleksandr Alekseev

Aleksandr Alekseev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played at first time in 2007 with my friends and I liked this game immediately and more I could not forget about it;):D:mad::motz::p

freddy66

freddy66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lets see.....

im 52 played live stud games since i was 19,started playing nl hold em,6 years ago,now i play 1 live stud game and 2 live holdem games a week and play acr daily,love it like a fat kid love cake,remember,read,read,read,play,play,play......good luck on the felts baby:cool:

BigRedRooster

BigRedRooster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im 52 played live stud games since i was 19,started playing nl hold em,6 years ago,now i play 1 live stud game and 2 live holdem games a week and play acr daily,love it like a fat kid love cake,remember,read,read,read,play,play,play......good luck on the felts baby:cool:

Yes. My poker library is growing by the week. I've even started to have dreams about it. :)