How long does it take to become a poker pro?

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you study and play full time, I'm sure you can achieve professionalism in one year by hard work and self-improvement. If you have some money to invest process will be faster if you hire a coach, purchase a membership of some good training site etc.

L

lostlittle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone. Answer me one question: how much time do I need to become a pro poker player?
The biggest part of the game is never fall in love with your cards. Laying down a big hand when you the second best hand

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
We are clear that when we speak of a poker professional we refer to that person capable of generating enough money to support his family and so on ... poker being his only source of money. Now that coming to this will depend a lot on several factors ... for example his skill, his discipline, his patience, his perseverance ...
There is NO definite time ... you can achieve it in a month, in a year ... or maybe you never achieve it ...!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It entirely depends on you. You should answer yourself several questions. How quickly you learn? How much time you can invest to learn and play? How devoted are you to your goal? Not many players become professional players in the end so it is not so easy. Try to play your best game and learn and you will feel at certain moment that you are ready for pro.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watch pro players every day and I am forced to find that very few become elected and can really claim to be poker professionals. it's been several months since I thoroughly documented and I try to progress but the longer it lasts the more I realize that becoming a regular player is already inesperate in poker and a real feat. to pretend to this function, it is necessary to have a banckroll worthy of the name and to be very well trained by having to play several thousand MTT or hundreds of thousands of hands in the cash game.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There’s no timetable or amount of information that will define you as a pro. Here’s a good checklist
1) You understand BRM(bankroll management)
2) You understand proper study habits and preforming them on a daily basis.
3) You’re a winning player after 900 hrs of playing time. You should be tracking any and all poker you play that way you can get an accurate hourly profit
4) You can handle the mental strain of variance
5) Control your behaviors drugs/alcohol/sex/gambling. Even issues can cause problems with you game and until they’re sorted out or taken care of you should avoid playing.
There’s plenty more things that could be added be these are huge steps to get there.

D

domfudao

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that you must first study hard, learn to control your bankroll, because I understand that a minority can live only on poker.

lackerboy

lackerboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone will last a year, I was not enough and 7 years..

V

Vasilii813

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Message 2'

Looking to have a mind under the meaning of a professional and as a person learns what the intellect in general, for example one reads one two books and with these skills will begin to practice the game, and the other how much will read to watch and play with him or zero or negative vinreyt, and so I think that a person can and for a year to become a professional but will be trained constantly because poker game where you learn constantly, I think so

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Obviously, this is a complex process. You need to be patient and work every day to improve your skills. This is a complicated path for a successful player.
Good luck.

A

adueno81

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pro

I have been playing poker for over 20 years and I'm still not a pro. I was invited to a holdem tournament 1200 miles from my house once and I decided not to go.