How to Identify Bots (Online)

C

Click400

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've heard a lot about this, the only strange thing I've seen on some occasions is the speed of response in some players.

php12345

php12345

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it seems like many commenters thing that bots refers to the websites/company owned bots playing at the tables. I think that player owned bots could definitely exist. Do they? I'm not sure. But, they will in the future if they don't already.

SlimHeperpokerstars

SlimHeperpokerstars

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing last night at Pokermira(New poker site), after playing many hands for hours i noticed that most of the player are playing in a systematic format.
For example - if any player raise $0.03 and if i raise $0.06 than im 96% sure that they will fold.
-no human element i found
-no chat
-playing in systematic way

I just wanted to know if their is any way to find robot in online poker?
i also send email to pokermira support so i will update you as soon as i get reply.
Im new here so i dont know if this thread can be posted here .

Guys, it's very simple, bots are those that are absent and discarded on any bet) I think it's better to ask the question: are there programs that constantly help the same people by giving them the right cards?

Evgenyi Shepelev

Evgenyi Shepelev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Name search the player(s) and find out how many tables they are playing on. If they are consistently playing 15-20+ tables then it's likely a bot. Otherwise, I'm not sure how else you could tell.

I know 2 players. They play at 15 tables. And there is nothing strange about it. They play the SnG satellites. Then at T money plays in conventional SnG

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For example - if any player raise $0.03 and if i raise $0.06 than im 96% sure that they will fold.
-no chat

Except for the example, i play like this almost s;; the time especially when im on the 2nd or 3rd hour grinding. I dont use the chat because it can cause tilt and when your playing in multiple table, you would have to play the game stats wise.

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not know how about bots, but I'm always at the beginning, a few hands are podgy, I analyze the players at the table. When I see a player who is very often lucky, I try not to play with him.

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing last night at Pokermira(New poker site), after playing many hands for hours i noticed that most of the player are playing in a systematic format.
-no chat

I just wanted to know if their is any way to find robot in online poker?
i also send email to pokermira support so i will update you as soon as i get reply.
Im new here so i dont know if this thread can be posted here .

The best thing you can do is to try to intereact with them. Straight up ask if they are a bot, then ask a couple questions. They are far more common than you would expect and they aren't always great players.

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it seems like many commenters thing that bots refers to the websites/company owned bots playing at the tables. I think that player owned bots could definitely exist. Do they? I'm not sure. But, they will in the future if they don't already.

For sure. Player owned bots do exits. Im not sure why everyone seemed to think that bots were company owned. People whould realize that the people who own the websites are not the software creators and wouldn't be able to rig it in their favor easily. I have NEVER worried about playing against a site opperated bot.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think if the robot is playing then you will not see how many tables he plays !!! And 15-20 tables to play quite real! Not all of course so can but it's not fiction))))

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The proved info that about 5% pcents of all players are bots and there is some interest from rooms cause they just have to cover guarantees!!

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The proved info that about 5% pcents of all players are bots and there is some interest from rooms cause they just have to cover guarantees!!
really interesting, is this a fact?

any link(s) to back this statement?

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i am actually planning to create a simple bot myself because i tend to call too much and cant find the fold button

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
really interesting, is this a fact?

any link(s) to back this statement?

Saw the article on 2+2 forum last year!if u eager u can Google it and u ll find tons of Info's bout !

Jester36rus

Jester36rus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As far as i read, bots' playing may be very various. Not such a programmed for simple actions. So i think we really cannot detect bot-playing. Standart actions can signing of multitabling game with automatic actions as trained reaction

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
I do not know how about bots, but I'm always at the beginning, a few hands are podgy, I analyze the players at the table. When I see a player who is very often lucky, I try not to play with him.

I think that this is the right answer for me, because i have had multiple meetings on tables with people who had j6 off vs my ak suited with about even stack size and they still made trips where i hit the king on the flop.
Other examples are:
qq vs j2 suited where i went all-in pre, they called and made flush
aa vs k5 off where i went all-in and they made two pair etc...

I often found it so frustrated, thinking by myself: how can you call all-in with that without a flop?

So even if i have qq now and a player that goes every hand all-in shoves i will have to fold until i am moved to another table, because i am tired of having such bad beats.:(

Kavaleits

Kavaleits

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
-no chat

What human element you awaited to find in online poker? And not always online poker players use chat.
I guess all poker site try to ensure games without bots.

edemberg

edemberg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played Cash Game, I entered several poker rooms, I noticed that there were normal players, I participated, right after I won and one or two players leave, it was as if the room was just me and 2 bots, I lost my money, it was in the Pokerstar. Stay tuned.