How I was introduced toTexas Holdem

R

rickg55

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I’ve played poker for about 50 years and I’ve seen some of the dynamics have change. First time I played holdem I was in a truck stop west of Dallas Tx and road was closed because of snow and ice bunch of drivers were playing on the pool table. I was in my 20ties and it was 1978 and it was the first beaten I took at a table. I only play live for cash, online it seems to loose and you can’t see body language. The game is intense you have to control everything and some choose to be a loose cannon. A player doesn’t change up or does the math or odds and risk vs reward. Chase to the river and fold and some they show with nothing . The art of trapping is one of my favorite plays you can just sit and wait and they do it over and over. Till we meet at a table good cards and good luck

testing826

testing826

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
few too many times i lost bad beats playing trap and river burns and st8iten me out /flush . its dog eat dog now

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have the opportunity to play live, so I can't object to you not confirming your opinion. But playing online, I would not say that I do not have enough information on making a decision about my opponents.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I’ve played poker for about 50 years and I’ve seen some of the dynamics have change. First time I played holdem I was in a truck stop west of Dallas Tx and road was closed because of snow and ice bunch of drivers were playing on the pool table. I was in my 20ties and it was 1978 and it was the first beaten I took at a table. I only play live for cash, online it seems to loose and you can’t see body language. The game is intense you have to control everything and some choose to be a loose cannon. A player doesn’t change up or does the math or odds and risk vs reward. Chase to the river and fold and some they show with nothing . The art of trapping is one of my favorite plays you can just sit and wait and they do it over and over. Till we meet at a table good cards and good luck
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're a recreational player, right?

I disagree with what I said about online, this type of player you described exists at all levels, but they are recreational players (Remember: recreational doesn't mean without skill) who are just there to pass the time and have fun.

We must love these players as they are the ones that the profit comes from. So you should never care how they play but explore them.

Remember this.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Poker has changed a lot over time, it's true. And playing live regarding being able to see body language is true that it is very far from what is online. Nice story of your first poker table in Dallas, it was a pleasure to read you, successes bro and good tables for you.

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is the variant of Poker that I like the most, Texas holdem,;)I think it's been more than 10 years since I learned to play Texas holdem

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules