Chips
i wanth to be a great player.i´m trining for two years

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hear ya man! I ask myself these very questions your not the only one. Cash games just seem to cooler you the hardest. I'm in the biggest downswing ever atm just getting ridiculous run outs too every time I have KK QQ JJ there's an ace on the flop then villian procedes to bomb 3 streets and I end up having to fold on the turn more often than not or to a big river bet. Flop top two opponent flops top then makes a bigger two pair on river. Same old same old. You start to wonder when will it end. I got beat today flopping 2nd nut flush against nut flush. Last month had 4 full houses beat to higher boats. You spend hours grinding away only to be stacked in one hand with some of the coolers I've been dealt lately!!!

G

GoSplat678

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont mean to moan but i genuinely want advice from anyone who has experienced this. After a year later im still not showing any profit from cash games, sng i am, but cash games i am cursed. Its bad beat after bad beat. If it wasnt for the constant bad beats I'd be winning a nice amount, i appreciate i wont win every time im a 80% fave to win a hand but im losing about 80% of the time in these situations. Also when im dealt AA, im called by a lower pocket pair that makes a set, or of i have QQ, KK they have a slightly better pocket pair and i obviously dont get lucky making a set.
When i do make a set with a smal pocket pair, they get a backdoor straight or flush, when i flop a flush i lose to a backdoor full house, when i have a full house they have quads.
Its so unlucky but when dealt these sort of hands its impossible to win, has anyone experienced bullshit like this for such a long time and how did you over come it.

I am playing my hands aggressively so obviously charging a good amount for them to chase a draw but they always hit it. I feel like im not allowed to win a lot of money in poker because every 20 hands or so i get these action cards and im usually on the bad end of them :( any advice anyone?

I tell ya im going through the same thing on ACR. its horrible making me hate online poker. I will never make another deposit there I don't think. if it wasn't for the constant bad beats I would have a nice bankroll. I'm having to relearn poker to play there because of the max action software they got going. I just think what would a fish do and how am I going to get sucked out in the next 2 cards. I don't play pockets strongly I don't care what they are because I assume I have KK someone else must have 99 and theres going to be 678 or 99 on the flop. just assume the worst and try to negate drowning in the river. Its gotten to the point that even when I flop my low sets someone else flops a higher set. the hands I should play I see as cooler hands in 70%+ of instances. I loose with AA 80% of the time KK 70% of the time and QQ 90%:mad:. its bad.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tell ya im going through the same thing on ACR. its horrible making me hate online poker. I will never make another deposit there I don't think. if it wasn't for the constant bad beats I would have a nice bankroll. I'm having to relearn poker to play there because of the max action software they got going. I just think what would a fish do and how am I going to get sucked out in the next 2 cards. I don't play pockets strongly I don't care what they are because I assume I have KK someone else must have 99 and theres going to be 678 or 99 on the flop. just assume the worst and try to negate drowning in the river. Its gotten to the point that even when I flop my low sets someone else flops a higher set. the hands I should play I see as cooler hands in 70%+ of instances. I loose with AA 80% of the time KK 70% of the time and QQ 90%:mad:. its bad.
I think the negative results get to you and you can end up over folding as I have done also because normally 99% of the time you call and they have got it. I folded trip Aces yesterday with a weak kicker after opponent bet preflop called my reraise on the flop and then bombed turn and river I knew I was beat and had to fold river and I also folded a ten high flush on the turn after my opponent bet jammed to my reraise maybe I got played but after experience of calling with these hands then seeing the bad news I just felt I was behind in both instances. The thing lately is that I pick up big hands pre and never get paid off as everyone folds then you open a middling hand and your getting reraised I'm thinking reraise me when I've got the goods god damn it!!! Haha

Tbone461

Tbone461

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whenever I run bad I try and take off a day or two. While on break I take time to study and reflect on the bad beats. If I know that I could not have played those hands any better I take it to heart and chalk it up to variance.

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is some decent advice here. I've been on a bad luck streak for years.. lol..maybe I can learn a little more here. Or learn a lot

G

GoSplat678

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the negative results get to you and you can end up over folding as I have done also because normally 99% of the time you call and they have got it. I folded trip Aces yesterday with a weak kicker after opponent bet preflop called my reraise on the flop and then bombed turn and river I knew I was beat and had to fold river and I also folded a ten high flush on the turn after my opponent bet jammed to my reraise maybe I got played but after experience of calling with these hands then seeing the bad news I just felt I was behind in both instances. The thing lately is that I pick up big hands pre and never get paid off as everyone folds then you open a middling hand and your getting reraised I'm thinking reraise me when I've got the goods god damn it!!! Haha

Right! I dunno I’m finding I make more chip return playing lower suited hands than I do high hands there. I almost always am in the cooler section when I play them so I try to avoid any all ins when I’m looking at high suited cards and high pockets. I just have to think what would a 🐟 do and anticipate that. Good players I almost never have issues with tight aggressive Those people play like I do and are easy to read generally it’s the fish that kill me badly. 7/2 off ftw!

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Maybe try to change the strategy. And not always be aggressive pre-flop. Act aggressively only when you are 100% sure to win.

E

elias444

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try playing your big hands in a different way, in other words try to limp and trap; but be whiling to throw them away, as soon as the board got to scary or wet for your AA or KK..!
Also luck moves around the table and bad beats are meant to happen, is how they happen that you can have some control..! Just be positive, maybe walk away, take a break, come back another day and so on.
Good Luck in Life & at the tables...!

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Keep playing and have some patience.

You can't do anything. It's gonna be what is gonna be. Taking a break is also a good strategy. Sometimes luck can smash you really hard.....

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Switch off, take a long break. Do breath exercises and comeback for more.
That's what I do, and works.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Stopping playing is the best way to avoid bad luck in poker that will help you in your game and won't affect your bankroll

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience and happy thoughts are the key to level with your p[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]syche, it all comes from your head [/COLOR]

djasset

djasset

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after 10 years , i have no flipping idea... i am still tryng to not get to that point ... but i always do..

djasset

djasset

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i get a ridiculous run of being card dead along with terrible variance. .. first i lose more money because i am chasing, then i just hate everything even more than usual and believe the whole world is out to get me; and i swear more.

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont mean to moan but i genuinely want advice from anyone who has experienced this. After a year later im still not showing any profit from cash games, sng i am, but cash games i am cursed. Its bad beat after bad beat. If it wasnt for the constant bad beats I'd be winning a nice amount, i appreciate i wont win every time im a 80% fave to win a hand but im losing about 80% of the time in these situations. Also when im dealt AA, im called by a lower pocket pair that makes a set, or of i have QQ, KK they have a slightly better pocket pair and i obviously dont get lucky making a set.
When i do make a set with a smal pocket pair, they get a backdoor straight or flush, when i flop a flush i lose to a backdoor full house, when i have a full house they have quads.
Its so unlucky but when dealt these sort of hands its impossible to win, has anyone experienced bullshit like this for such a long time and how did you over come it.
I am playing my hands aggressively so obviously charging a good amount for them to chase a draw but they always hit it. I feel like im not allowed to win a lot of money in poker because every 20 hands or so i get these action cards and im usually on the bad end of them :( any advice anyone?

my advice is not to quit. You will be on the good side of this. Take breaks in between games. Once i stopped playing poker for a few weeks because every game i played i would lose. This is after a winning streak. Improve your game wherever you can, never think you know it all. Remember that we learn so much by losing, so see this as a learning curve.

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have a good bankroll strategy and study poker like a crazy man. learn to stop playing for the day when things are going bad go outside and get some air.

W

who115

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One thing about hold-em is the swings. You will find sometimes that it works both ways. You probably don't remember as much the times you were called with better hands and you drew out to win. Maybe don't raise so much at the start. Just limp once in a while and you might be able to get away from the hand. We all go in to funks. Maybe if you have better luck in the sit and gos, just stick to them.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands