How do you play so many tables at once?

S

sherbert

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stacking or lapping.

Those who play many tables lap or stack their tables. ME personally---I have a hard time keeping up with anymore than 4 at a time. :D

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess you only need to look at Boku87 for example of if it profitable or you can make correct decisions at the table. A perfect example of someone who can m-table 30+ and turn over a good profit.

On a side note, i play them cascaded, I can't do tiled, it seems your miss more action as there is always some sort of animation going on at a table which makes you look just to see if it's your turn to act.

TylerN

TylerN

Kool-Aid & Frozen Pizza
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do u have a brain ache after 2 tables? No offense but that's nothing at all to even think about

S

SunDevil

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Whats the maximum tables HU you can play? I've tried 4 a couple of times and i feel comfortable although I rather play only 2 tables...

C

costin2kro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i only play 4 tables and i believe it's better not to play to many tables in the same time because you can't folow the whole action.

S

SunDevil

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone know what the record for HU tables is? lol

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
i only play 4 tables and i believe it's better not to play to many tables in the same time because you can't folow the whole action.

Myself, I probably do best on 3tables (if playing the 27's &/or 45's) and maybe 4 tables if on the 9plyr. tables. I can play more but I think my ROI suffers a bit (I get more player reads when on fewer tables & am able to benefit more as a result).{tournaments I"ll play 6-8 tables}

To suggest that 4tables is best for everyone (because you can't follow the whole action).. I disagree. One player's vids. I like watching alot, regularly plays 20tables. He's even able to 20-table & give a live commentary on his thought process while doing so (& makes a training vid. of it). This same guy has also been ranked #1 on the SNG Leaderboard.

Some players are able to play on many tables simultaneously, esp. for SNG's & FR Cash game. I doubt the SNG players are missing out on much because it's these guys that are playing for the best hourly rate they can get (& obviously works out best for them to be playing on alot of tables... sometimes 20 or more).

X

Xavier

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No one's ever bothered to do that ElkY has the multi tabling world record with 62 tables, recording a profit of (I believe) $23.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhjcVTklWD0

I personally can't handle more than 4 tables!

Do you have to be in profit to beat that record.:D
Heck anyone could play 100 tables and just lose money to get the record.

I can manage 6-8 fine but when it gets over 10 I struggle.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Back when I multi-tabled FR (first of the year) I routinely managed 9-12 tables easily, and as many as 16 for shorter periods. By "managed" I mean, kept up with the action. Unfortunately it proved to be unprofitable (although RB helped soften the blow a lot due to increased volume). In hindsight I've realized the most likely cause of my losses, and it was brought home the first couple of times I tried to play Rush.

When playing either Rush or 9+ tables, the action was very fast, and I would naturally get wound up in response. Kind of like an adrenaline rush, my heartrate increased and my attention span decreased, and I fell into a high-paced rhythm. After awhile I would stop thinking as clearly, not because I have too many tables, but because I'm anticipating the next hand on the next table, instead of taking the time I do have to focus on the immediate hand. It wasn't that I didn't *have* the time, but I failed to *take* the time. I would get addicted to the pace and would push myself to move faster, making snap decisions even when I didn't have to. The more I played the faster I played, and when I would stop after a long session of Rush or multi-tabling, I'd still be hyper for a few minutes after until I gradually wound down. If you've ever done any distance running, it's similar to the feeling you have after running a 10K or longer and then trying to stop too suddenly -- the body is resistant to the dramatic slowdown and wants to keep up the pace.

Since then I've learned to 2-3 table Rush and make an effort to actually relax in spite of the pace. I stopped rushing my decisions just to get to the next hand. My Rush results were much better, and so I have no doubt that when I return to multi-tabling FR, those lessons learned will help me there as well.

For the moment I'm back on a SnG/MTT phase where I only play 4 tables (typically) at most. For me, tournaments are harder to multi-table just because of the larger number of variables between each table (blinds, stacks, speed, bubble dynamics, short-handed dynamics, etc.) if you aren't careful to play the same structure and start them all at exactly the same time. I can't count the number of mistakes I've made by playing one of my tournament tables wrong simply due to not remembering at what point I was at in that specific tourney.

So, in summary, I believe there are at least two steps to learning to multi-table profitably and effectively, and both sound contradictory to each other. One is in learning to speed up your thinking and reflexes in order to keep up with the action, while the other is to slow down in spite of the fast action and take as much time as you have to make a proper decision. In other words, don't play any faster than you absolutely have to to keep up. It may sound easy, but for me the latter was harder than the former.

P

poke_her_4_life

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play hard is how

You go to be fast and furious and react on a dime. I do it on PS all the time. Its a rush.:eek:

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nanonoko 24 tables 6max.

That guy is by far the best multitabler ever, i mean SNG grinders playing 30-35 tables is impressive, sure. But to play high staked cash games while 20+tabling is absolutely insane. Though i have to say, not all of his tables are running, a lot of it is waiting around to start games, so perhaps he might only be 12-15 tabling.

claudel

claudel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i wanted to play 8 tables once but my eyes went wrong and i went back to 3 tables max at once ;)

Gl

L

LizzyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been experimenting with playing 4 rush tables at the sametime. I stack 2 rush tables on the left side and 2 tables on the right side so that I am always looking at 2 tables. For us A.D.D. hyperactives types who forgot to take their meds, this is perfect !!! You can get about 1,200 hands per hour or so.

WhiteYoke

WhiteYoke

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you, The Dark Side, for starting this thread.
I thought there's something wrong with me because I can only play 2-3 tables profitably. :)

buzzmania

buzzmania

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im at 4 tables and its enogh for me.unbelievable at what some of these and you folks can do.

R

rugby0

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone every have software problems when multi-tableing with 2 or more sites at the same time?

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does anyone every have software problems when multi-tableing with 2 or more sites at the same time?
I never have. There should be nothing between two different sites' client software that causes conflicts. Except maybe with different skins of the same network (never tried that).

You will need a beefier PC though, as each client instance will consume resources above and beyond what multiple tables from a single client will consume.

konawajim

konawajim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play 2 at once but more than that I can't keep track of whats going on. My hats off to those who can play more

Dreams of Tragedy

Dreams of Tragedy

dreamsoftragedy.com
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
due to me playing mainly on a labtop...only two but never try more then that....willing to give it a try, but not sit and go's I cant see me playing 7 sit and go's that there end game.....it would drive me nuts

J

jack168

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I could never imagine doing 20 tables lol... max i can do is like 4.