How do you play so many tables at once?

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Man I tried an Experiment tonight and boy was it a failure, I just kept on opening up table after table after table, after table, and I must say that eventually I hit a number of tables which I couldn't fit it all on my screen at 1 time so I then had to force myself to do it Cascaded but God almighty, that was quickly beyond me on my 17inch laptop, not only was I timing out of most tables (6max btw), I kept on seeing comments on most tables, like WTF, are you kidding me, this is bs...How do you multiple Cascading ****s do it? LOL, I mean that was a once and an only time I'll try that again, and never again...Also with these hot keys, and buttons exactly how do they work, because I mean theres no way you can't be using those when your doing 20+ tables correct? My record if your all wondering btw was 25, and **** I mean having tables popping up left and center was beyond me:eek:

A

arrytus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol.. just lol... 25tables is pretty danged good. I've got up to 6 tables at a time to fit on the screen bit at 9 or 8 handed tables. i imagine the more serious MTs have their computers set up with multiple screens to accommodate.

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When i play my 10-15 tables of 180mans ($2.20 turbo) on pokerstars, i stack them at my laptop. I only see one table at a time. (This way i don´t see all the showdowns and beats :D ). I don´t use Table Ninja or something. My maximum is 22 tables, i think my laptop is too old too...

P

piedmontred

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the end of it, how many games did you find yourself itm, did you finish ahead? Good job playing 25 tables, i could never do it.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the end of it, how many games did you find yourself itm, did you finish ahead? Good job playing 25 tables, i could never do it.

Just 3 of them, because the Majority I was Timed out..

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think most multi tablers are playing on full ring not 6max

and stacked is the way to go

forsakenone

forsakenone

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i used to play 24 tables of 6 max. i was a sick man, i don't do it anymore, just 12-14 at a time, 6 max of course.

CntryBoys

CntryBoys

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont see how people multi table that many tables myself. There is no possible way you can get a feel for players at a table by playing more than 2 or 3 at a time.

A

AlexeyN

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I played 38 tables using cascade. It's very hard. And i don't kno how to do it without Table Ninja.

But i think, that's much better to play 4 tables A-poker, than 100000 tables with ROI=0.000001%

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I get past 4, I start having problems. Any tips on how to make sure you keep up?

D

dan abnormal

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I really respect you folks that can play this many tables at once. I find 3 is about all I can take at one time and even if Im folding most of the time, it seems all the action will happen at all 3 tables at one time and sometimes I my mind fries and I cant make decisions quick enough and end up getting folded on a table I wanted too.

Might get flamed here, but really if folks are using table Ninja in conjection with hold em manager, is that really playing poker, to me it seems one step away from having a bot just go ahead and hit the bet button for you. I dont know it jsut seems wrong on every level, but throw me some good arguments where Im wrong cause If ever get good at this game and these tools seem legit I might try them, but I hate the fact that one program is setting a guys bet and the other is tellinng them my frequencies of folding and such to make the decision to bet against me.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on fulltilt mostly. So I can only play 16 tables at a time. But stacking tables is the way to go. Your mostly folding so you hardly ever have to move the mouse at all. I think I got close to 20 tables(45man SNGs) going at stars before but my HUD is screwed up there so I don't play there much.

forsakenone

forsakenone

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played 38 tables using cascade. It's very hard. And i don't kno how to do it without Table Ninja.

But i think, that's much better to play 4 tables A-poker, than 100000 tables with ROI=0.000001%

wrong. think about the way you clear bonuses, rakeback and such.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When we're 5yrs. old & just learning how to ride a bicycle.... do we hop on a cafe sportbike.. or a GSXR1100 and start pulling wheelies off the stoplights? Umm... probably no.
More likely we'll start off with training wheels (or not) and a smaller bicycle (with pedals)... then eventually we'll on a 10-speed (or whatever).
We might like two wheels so much we take up riding motorcycles. So.. do we go get the biggest most powerful bike having had zero experience on any bike before? Umm.. probably no.
We're more likely buying a smaller bike first until we can confidently handle a bigger one. (we might even take a motorcycle riding course first).
It's the same for multitabling online poker. Common sense would pretty much sum it up.
BUT how do they play 20tables!?!?!
When you were 5yrs. old, you may have wondered, "Ok I've got my training wheels off but how can I pull a double back flip on a BMX bike?" (it'd likely seem impossible). Same goes for playing 20+ tables.

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For 25 tables, I'd have big screens, high resolution (so everything seemed smaller) and multiple monitors.

I still probably couldn't keep up.

I used to 6-table 6-max, doing 7 on occasion, but that was it.

Nowdays I don't grind so I only play one or two tables. (When FT had the Rush promo I did three tables)

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wrong. think about the way you clear bonuses, rakeback and such.

Funny, I heard and interwiev with Hevad Khan.
He said he made good money playing like 50+ lowstakes cashgames.
But then one day he tried to just 4 table, on a bit higher level.
And he never looked back.

Sure, he cleared bonuses fast when he was 50-tabling micros, but after he started playing fewer tables he became a millionaire in just a few months.

The big difference he said, was all the spot on reads he could pick up. However he said coming from 50-tabling was probably key.

Last edited:
pappasqueaks

pappasqueaks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried 10 tbles at once one time and the comp was lagging very slowly and freezing like crazy. Not goin to do that again, mostly will hav 1 to 2 tbls at a time thats my limit.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most massive multi-tablers aren't cascading, they're stacking. I prefer to tile, and with my 3 high-res monitors I can comfortably tile 18 tables across 2 of my 3 monitors. Trying to use the 3rd monitor gave me a serious neck ache swinging my head back and forth across like 5 feet of LCD, lol, so I just keep a browser, HEM, and the lobbies up on that one.

Might get flamed here, but really if folks are using table Ninja in conjection with hold em manager, is that really playing poker, to me it seems one step away from having a bot just go ahead and hit the bet button for you. I dont know it jsut seems wrong on every level, but throw me some good arguments where Im wrong cause If ever get good at this game and these tools seem legit I might try them, but I hate the fact that one program is setting a guys bet and the other is tellinng them my frequencies of folding and such to make the decision to bet against me.
I'm not going to flame you, and honestly I'm tired of repeatedly addressing this. Over. And. Over. Again.

Suffice to say, you are about as wrong as it gets. Please search the forums for our countless discussions of this topic, and let's not derail yet another thread on a pointless and frustrating "mult-tabling isn't poker" and "using software isn't poker" and "you can't possibly make good decisions or have reads when multi-tabling" and all the other misinformed statements new people repeatedly make on these subjects.

F

fx20736

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it makes anyone feel better I am still playing one table at a time. I tried 4 tabling and even 6 tabling and felt like I made lots of bad decisions and folded hands I wanted to play and played hands I wanted to fold. I felt at my stage of development that it was better to focus on making the best decision on every street. I actually enjoy the easy pace of one table. Once I am profitable over a 10k stretch I'll either add tables or move up in limits (probably the latter).

mjdavinci

mjdavinci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not been able to get past two tables at a time. To play a true game. I understand the reason behind playing MT's But if you relaying on software to make some of the decisions in the game are you really leaning anything about how to play the game? I know that it takes time to bulid your bankroll up by playing less tables. But what I feel you to need to focus on is becoming better at the game over all. I know that playing more tables again increase your decisions at a higher rate which in turn gives more experience. I feel that you are losing a lot of the finer points by making those quick decisions.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it makes anyone feel better I am still playing one table at a time. I tried 4 tabling and even 6 tabling and felt like I made lots of bad decisions and folded hands I wanted to play and played hands I wanted to fold. I felt at my stage of development that it was better to focus on making the best decision on every street. I actually enjoy the easy pace of one table. Once I am profitable over a 10k stretch I'll either add tables or move up in limits (probably the latter).
Nothing wrong with this, it's the absolute correct approach to take. I don't think any of us advocate playing more tables than you're comfortable with, and it's absolutely not recommended for players just starting out. Some good players may never work their way up to it. That's fine. It's just another approach to playing poker.

I have not been able to get past two tables at a time. To play a true game. I understand the reason behind playing MT's But if you relaying on software to make some of the decisions in the game are you really leaning anything about how to play the game?
I think you (and many others) misunderstand the types of software being advocated and how it's used. Software that makes decisions for you is banned by all poker sites. It's cheating. No respectable player is promoting that type of software, least of all nobody here at CC.

Tracking software and HUDs don't make any decisions. They just keep up with your data for you, and present it to you in a convenient fashion. It's up to you to make decisions, and trust me -- HUDs and stats in no way can turn a bad player into a good player. A good player is a good player, regardless. The software is simply a tool that, if utilized properly, will advance your skills faster.

Once you know the correct decision, it's irrelevant at what speed you make it. Common sense would tell us that the player who can make the correct decision in an instant is going to be more successful overall than another player who takes 30 seconds to arrive at the same correct decision. Reason being, you can make the correct decisions faster and thus play/win more hands per hour from making those correct decisions. And the only way to get really good at making good snap decisions is to be forced to, which multi-tabling does. Think of it as an intense conditioning environment for your brain, a workout that you can't get playing single tables, or live.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dmorris is right on point here, the software doesn't make decisions for you, rather it helps you make decisions faster so that you can play more tables at once, hence increasing your hourly. I may be unfairly assuming/judging here, but the players I've seen criticizing HUDs or table-management software haven't used it and don't understand it.

As for OP, the secret is just practice, no one is going to be profitable by adding 10-12 tables overnight.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I may be unfairly assuming/judging here, but the players I've seen criticizing HUDs or table-management software haven't used it and don't understand it.
Bingo, this is the point I've been making a lot lately, since it seems we've had an influx of new players, or at least new to the online poker culture, who are (understandably) out of touch here. That's fine, we all start out ignorant. The frustrating thing to me though is instead of asking or researching and making informed decisions, they make knee-jerk, misinformed statements about how software is cheating, software keeps you from learning how to play, multi-tabling isn't real poker, etc, etc. It just seriously tilts me, lol. :)

As for OP, the secret is just practice, no one is going to be profitable by adding 10-12 tables overnight.
^^^ This. I think new players go crazy with this. First, they overrate their own ability to play even one table (as we've all done, it's a basic law of poker), and then think if Leatherass can play 20 tables then they should be able to as well.

Multi-tabling has it's pros and cons. It's not for everybody, and not everybody learns to do it as effectively or as quickly as others. It's just another level of play that none of us start out at, and some of us will never get to, whether by desire or inability. And that's okay, it's not the only way to play and be successful at poker. But don't cast aspersions or judgments on those who play the game differently from you, is the whole point I'm trying to make.

aikindoma

aikindoma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am comfortable with 2-3 tables and get busy with 4!!!

But I will never try out more then four...

I can't grind this way, I loose to much or loose focus on important decisions. Timing out or miss-click happens then too often.

Damn, you guys must have multi-task brains...(like women... :O ...)... :D:D:D

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can do 12 Np, but that night I was just bored (Never Again, If I get a tendency to become bored like that again, I'll just figure a way around it)...Thx all for the feed back really, I don't use HEM or any HUDs at all btw....Anyways thx all for the feed back once again