How do you play poker better, drunk or sober.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think the answer is a bit obvious...
You need to think to play, so you have to have a good mental condition for that, so you need to be sober.

M

marssbar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Sometimes I get butterflies when I play but I find if I have 1 or 2 glasses of wine then the butterflies reduce a lot so I don't make emotional decisions. 😎🍷

azteca6

azteca6

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
After all, it's a game either you play drunk or you don't enjoy it obviously drunk you're braver and riskier get drunk but just take what you think play the rest leave it at home:p

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't drink when I go to play. Drunkenness can impair your decision-making, logical thinking, and concentration skills, which can lead to poor game choices.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some better play poker when sober, as they say without a flask can not do. Others play sober better, because the combinations are better visible. And in what condition do you play poker better - drunk or sober?)
Well I don't know because I don't play drunk 😅

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I have never been drunk in my relatively short life to date, so I can’t say)

serj537

serj537

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
Significant sober. Yes, and the image of life and sober vedu.

J

jazux48

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The mind should always be sober) I used to sit down to play drunk, but it was no longer a game and the results were 0. You can drink a little for mood, but not get drunk;)

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't believe anyone plays better drunk than sober.... Unless your whole table is drunk and you're the one who can handle the drink the best hahaha

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Some better play poker when sober, as they say without a flask can not do. Others play sober better, because the combinations are better visible. And in what condition do you play poker better - drunk or sober?)
Sober, of course, I don't believe that playing drunk you win something, because someone drunk can easily fall asleep, or not see the screen properly

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In like two play sober. But I understand who likes to drink.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just a little buzz works for me, not drunk!

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If I drink, I don't play poker. That is, online poker. With friends I can play cards while drinking, but this happens very rarely. In general, I think that alcohol has a negative effect on the game, but how does alcohol affect the player's luck, this question remains open :)

K

Ketoupitou

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sober. It's not even crossing my mind that someone can play drunk AND good.

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't think anyone should play poker drunk unless they have money to burn.

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Playing poker while under the influence of alcohol is generally not recommended for several reasons. While alcohol may initially enhance certain aspects of your experience, it can have negative effects on your overall poker performance. Here's why it's generally better to play poker sober:

1. Impaired Decision-Making: Alcohol can impair your cognitive function, including decision-making abilities. In poker, making sound and rational decisions is crucial for long-term success. Alcohol can hinder your ability to think clearly, evaluate situations accurately, and make optimal choices, leading to poor judgment and costly mistakes.
  2. Emotional Control: Alcohol can affect your emotional state and self-control. It may lower inhibitions and lead to impulsive and reckless behavior. In poker, emotional control is essential for managing tilt (frustration or anger) and making rational decisions. Alcohol consumption can undermine this control, leading to poor bankroll management and increased losses.
  3. Focus and Concentration: Alcohol can impair your focus, concentration, and attention span. Poker requires sustained concentration to analyze opponents, assess probabilities, and make strategic decisions. Alcohol-induced distractions and decreased focus can cause you to miss important details and make suboptimal choices.
  4. Bankroll Management: Impaired judgment and emotional decision-making due to alcohol consumption can lead to reckless betting and poor bankroll management. This can result in significant financial losses and negatively impact your long-term poker goals.
  5. Table Image and Perception: Alcohol can affect your behavior and interactions with other players at the table. It may lead to more relaxed or aggressive behavior, alter your ability to read opponents' body language, or impair your communication skills. These factors can impact your ability to make accurate reads and adapt to table dynamics.
Playing poker while sober allows you to have better control over your decision-making, emotional state, focus, and overall performance. It's important to be in a clear and alert state of mind to maximize your chances of success at the poker table. If you choose to consume alcohol, it's advisable to do so in moderation or separate it from your poker sessions to ensure you can play at your best.

Kerasuss28

Kerasuss28

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
I can not get drunk and play games , when im drunk ,im realy drunk and fall asleep in 10minutes , so if i get realy drunk i can just play max half hour .. but i like to play when im little Dizzy bu weed , it makes my discussions little bit more confort and i like that, becouse when im super sober i overthink the situations and make bad disisions ...

K

Kurchina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BA
Chips
Sober. Way too aggressive when I've had a drink.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
who in their right mind would think of playing with too many glasses, it is obvious that they are going to develop a bad game, it will never be the same as playing with their five senses, personally I would never play drunk, but I understand that there must be people who do it, it's up to each one

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For Me sobriety is norm. Therefore I play in Poker sober. Another option I didn't try yet... And I think, won't to do that. Why?!.

akhilbansal

akhilbansal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
NLH, while sober... Omaha while drunk:).

D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just wanted to know how someone can play better when they're drunk if the times I got drunk I couldn't even think straight. 😁