How do you play poker better, drunk or sober.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I always play poker when I'm sober alcohol is bad for my brain

Rvstam

Rvstam

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I still think that it is better to play sober, alcohol often pushes a person to rash acts. it is a fact.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing while drunk is fun, but not profitable.

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
if I play poker drunk, my bankroll will be zero in the morning, and this is almost always the case

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most definitely sober. Drinking can cause bad loses although still occasionally a beer is nice but prefer this in cheap long games that are for a bit of a laugh.

B

barstool

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL loved the thread! :LOL:

I won't say drunk, drunk that you can't think at all but let's say casual drinking while playing, I do feel my minds gets a bit sharper and I do get way more gutsy, so more open to take calculated risks.

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Prevailing - sober, but there are exceptions of course sometimes)

N

Niykk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do it sober. Drinking makes me sleepy.

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Makes no difference but no harm in a nice glass of whisky

Gotmog1

Gotmog1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There is no difference, but it does not hurt a glass of good whiskey
I wonder if you drink one glass of whiskey, or more? If one then this will help to hide the excitement and pokerface will intensify, but if more then you will not read the cards well.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
How you play better eh? Neither obviously.

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I wonder if you drink one glass of whiskey, or more? If one then this will help to hide the excitement and pokerface will intensify, but if more then you will not read the cards
I am not the of kind to get drunk on my own, so a slow glass of whiskey doesnt do much itself over an evening.
if its to get drunk theres nothing better than a night of darts, a bottle of whiskey and a gradual developing sloppy throw.
And nobody is going to see my expressions from my sofa.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, it's always better to play sober. No wonder they say that a drunken man and the sea is knee-deep. This means that the drunk will make the wrong decisions. Maybe someone needs to drink quite a bit for courage. Well, what would you have the courage to play not tight?

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I rarely drink alcohol, only when there are good reasons for it. Nevertheless, I believe that players who play drunk treat the game lightly and such an attitude will bring them nothing but disappointment, loss of money and headaches.

P

Panda19977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only games I play being drunk are freeroles, everything else is stupid I guess

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Drunk, of course, with good arguments (not the drunk kind of arguments with my wife, that never happens).

Even better if the session pays for the wine too. Sure it's cheap wine, maybe not even grape-wine (usually Port or Ginger wine) but what the hell! It's sweet and enjoyable, cheap and cheerful.

Can't wait to be rich and bathe in whisky!

The thing is that sobriety brings seriousness in a "stupid game of cards" and taking it seriously is, in my opinion, the wrong way to go about it. And it's not that I win or lose more when I'm sober, it's because my elevated awareness makes me realise what an idiot I am, in particular when I realise what a waste of my time it is to play for 1/2 cents a blind. Being drunk, takes all that worry and care away so I can focus on the game, no matter the ridiculous stake or lack of proper money I have, so I can enjoy every cent I win (usually). Moreover, the following day, no matter how much I have won or lost, I won't remember and won't even notice (therefore not get angry at myself when I see the same number, more or less) the difference in cents or dollars. Keeps the fun in the game, they said.

Guess it wouldn't be a great idea to play proper poker, drunk against real poker players as it's a loss-loss (of finances and consciousness) situation. But in my poor situation, it's worth it.

There are probably more reasons why I believe it's better drunk and I welcome everyone who would like to add to the list of "advantages".

Stop judging! Just enjoy a glass or two.

Life's too short to worry, have a drink, make it shorter. Be a man!

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never played drunk, because I don't drink, but probably sober. I believe that anything that can make you lose concentration and focus is not good for your game.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you're drunk, you make bad decisions.

M

majaverick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Certainly sober. Poker is a strategy and mental game. If you are drunk, your reasoning will be impaired.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mostly play poker sober, but sometimes I win tournaments when I'm drunk.:)

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I try not to play poker if I drink alcohol. If I'm drunk I usually do all sorts of stupid things and that can be a problem :)