How do you play the Nuts?

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's about how much can you get out of your opp. There really is no right or wrong betting amount, as long as your betting...

against a LAG style player check raise (Out of position), or a thin bet (in position) based off the previous street betting amounts. If they are EXTRA aggressive I will have min raise-1/2 pot depending on how big the pot is already. If its a huge pot, say over 20BBs I'm probably only betting 1/4 pot assuming stacks are close to the same. Basically your goal is to get then to not just call, but to go over the top.

Now with a tighter player, it really comes down to board texture. If it looks like they missed, and you hit with a polarized hand, your probably not gonna get much. So you might as well bet for standard value. Now if you think they could have hit, but your holding the nuts, the goal applies as above. Give them a reason to go over the top. While still extracting enough meaningful chip on just a call.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in such situations make small raises or check, but when players make a bet then I start to play aggressively or go all-in to win more chips from the players!

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, depends on the opponents and the pre-flop hand. I believe it is necessary to bluff sometimes. I think carefully about the position and the luck of my opponents.

konatus

konatus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Check-Raise

I prefer to do a check raise agains tight players or a player that do c-bet frequently

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on the occasion! nuts on the flop where there are two players with me playing I went out betting to maximize the gains, if I go to check and everyone is on the river all a shows a lot of strength it is possible for nobody to pay!

B

Badbunny

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it depends on the opponent and the position. If I am in the flop for example would rise after the flop so I get to make you pay aa retire ..

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the situation and the type of player I am facing, but I generally choose to raise. I do not recommend Slow Play in most situations.

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general I bet. Position and the player will dictate

N

nmate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on what street. if i flop quads or something i slowplay and hope they catch something.

nopainnogain

nopainnogain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on the occasion! nuts on the flop where there are two players with me playing I went out betting to maximize the gains, if I go to check and everyone is on the river all a shows a lot of strength it is possible for nobody to pay!
Good strategy yours! Something similar happened to me and after river I raised and the two players folded.I should 've raised after turn.

Malnitruth

Malnitruth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to be careful as it possible but it all depends really on your opponent, position etc...

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are nuts??? LOL
Well, in case YOU hit some, you can do whatever is necessary at this point of the game.
Is he TAG, check and hope he bets--->raise smoothly, he will 3bet
is he LAG, check and see if he pretends to have the nuts--->call, he will cbet
for example :top:

M

Mateo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always bet for value. Sometimes they fold, but that's okay! Gotta put money in even if they fold, otherwise your not going to have a chance of making anything. Often I do about 3/4 pot, but it really depends on the situation

P

Poke her Face

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
my first thought going through my head is how can I make the most money out of this situation but lets face it somebody has a slightly worse than us to call down with