How do you play the Nuts?

O

ovanilton

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you do when you're nuts? (ckeck, call, raise, bet, checkraise ...?)

Milosika1991

Milosika1991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the position I am in, how many players are in hand, whether they are aggressive players on the table or do not, have many factors that influence the game, but I always watch that I collect as much as possible...:cool:

Infinity Objective

Infinity Objective

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the position I am in, how many players are in hand, whether they are aggressive players on the table or do not, have many factors that influence the game, but I always watch that I collect as much as possible...:cool:

Thank you, excellent answer lots of scenarios. My short answer what you said, other stuff, flop, turn, river? I guess we're predicating this all on hold em, like the default game that should be in the forefront of our thoughts - AND anything but fold, lol, duh :icon_shak

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
My main goal in this moment is to take maximum chips from my opponents by making them think I'm bluffing or that I'm not sure what I am doing. It takes experience to do that effectively.

A

andreii955

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's hard to shoot too many players after you in the pot when you're nuts, you're holding each other, how your hand played until you got nuts and whether opponents have what you pay for

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a lot like life in that what happens now depends on what you did before,,,,:cool: An example is playing like a nit,,and not getting calls when you `have` it,,,as opposed to playing looser and having a aggressive image,you will get paid off more in these situations.

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on how that hand has been developing and on your current opponent. You should pay attention to his playing history and make a play based on that.

rsimms

rsimms

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I have the nuts, I like to try to play them the same way I played a weaker hand in previous hands at the table, and also depending on who is in the hand with me. Sometimes making a huge bet that looks very desperate, like you just want the opponent to go away, and can get you paid off well. Other times if a player involved in the hand has already been the aggressor, you just need to give them enough rope to hang themselves with.

N

Narcotic35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a general rule, some professional players (referring to Carroter's 6-max NL Holdem teaching videos from Intellipoker) will argue that "slow-playing" should not be a standard approach and be reserved for very specific situations. It makes your hand vulnerable to be outdrawn which creates -EV over time. He says that generally, betting is better than calling in the majority of situations where you want to get chips in the middle instead of exercising pot control. An exception would be hero in position facing aggression from villain and hero flops a boat. If in that situation you face a c-bet it CAN be better to call instead of raising to protect the times where you haven't flopped a monster hand. Of course, as always in poker, it depends on a huge amount of variables.

He also argues that if villain has a draw (middle pair, straight or flush draw) it is usually in your interest to create unfavourable pot odds for him/her to call you down. If villain has only air and is not in a mood to gamble it is better to end the hand immediately as you will not generate more money in the pot but might loose the hand if you no longer have the nuts after the next street (eg villain makes a set with his pocket pair on the turn).

I hope that is helpful.

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do I play the nuts? The nuts are the cards that can be beat by other nuts.
So, just play them as you want to. Luck is a factor that there is no control over. AA is not a hand that can not be beat. So, is there really a hand, or there really the nuts?

N

Narcotic35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do I play the nuts? The nuts are the cards that can be beat by other nuts.
So, just play them as you want to. Luck is a factor that there is no control over. AA is not a hand that can not be beat. So, is there really a hand, or there really the nuts?

That's very philosophical, but true, of course. If the board pairs on the river your wonderful ace high flush might have been busted. The only true nuts is a royal flush.....if you ever flop one, because there are not enough cards to have two players get one at the same time (in Holdem at least - I wonder if anyone ever had to split a pot over a double royal in Omaha? Probably. Somewhere, somehow).

John Penniston

John Penniston

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play Dem how you see fit, different players may react differently, so play according to your opponents.

Andymac37

Andymac37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always check the nuts after the flop hoping some1 will take a stab. Then its check call mode if it checks round on the turn u have to bet or there will b missed value . hopefully some 1 has something.To get the maximum value in NL poker u have the best hand and some1 has the second best u will get some value from ppl chasing draws or pairs even missed draws will have a bluff but there is nothing better wen u have the best full house or top flush and some1 else has a monster hand but just not as scary as yours haha. Aka bad beat for them .

Comdemn

Comdemn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

When I catch nuts, I try not to show the strength of my hand and often make mini-raises or check on 1-2st streets, it all depends on which one I picked it up. I do not apply slowplay and do not make big bets so as not to scare off opponents)

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're lucky it plays itself. Once I got a straight flush against a flush and a full house. Everyone had 'it' but I took all the money.

estefanetti

estefanetti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slowplay is recomended? i do not think soo

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will play according to the attitude of the other players who are in the hand.

If I am in a final position I will wait for them to place their bets, I will only increase if I realize that they will not fold, however, if they are very aggressive I will let them bet and I will try to put all my chips until the river.

If I am in an initial position I will place value bets, and maybe on the turn, I will place a bet that will induce my opponent to go allin, slowplay only in situations where the villain is very aggressive and will make big bets, but even then usually on the river I'll make a big bet.

S

sirgobbles

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to bait my opponents especially when they are betting big and usually calls for a pot bet or all by the river

D

daniel1990xd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always go crazy like hahaha because nobody thinks that one has that kind of hands

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
First of all, it depends on the position and specific situation.
It is also important to understand, with what opponents you are at the table.
There are different situations in poker.

aqqr

aqqr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Hey. If an opponent is constantly making bluff bets, then regardless of the cards, you need to check-call. So you polarize the range of the check. If the opponent is a stupid donkey, then on the scary board I make an overbet (1.5PSB) on a turn, and then make a push on a river.

FF2586

FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Hey!

I think it depends on the players who are still in the hand!

It is important to hit hard! But it is more important to understand and manipulate your opponenets!

GL

I

irbij

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is how

All in no slow play no floor show. Get money.