How Do You Multi-Table?

doops

doops

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, aside from the fact that I couldn't get HEM to function, after hours of hairpulling, I don't know that numbers alone would give me the feel for whats happening.

FlopIt2Me

FlopIt2Me

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, doops. You have a good point. I like to play the players, not just ABC poker. I am more of a "feel" player than a "math" player. Tracking software can only tell so much.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Firstly you have to know how to use the numbers, once you know that then it's easy riding from there on out. As for my thoughts on "feel" players...they will always be behind players who play by the numbers in the long run. How a player plays over 10000 hands more than likely isn't going to change very much so hand ranges and stats are going to rule the game.

Elie_Yammine

Elie_Yammine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, doops. You have a good point. I like to play the players, not just ABC poker. I am more of a "feel" player than a "math" player. Tracking software can only tell so much.

I agree!Can't do that when playing more than 4 tables max!I actually play 2 tables at most with good profit because i am able to bluff all the mechanics out there cuz of their predictable playing style...To me, poker is about bluffing other players, cards come in when you want them to catch you with the nuts :D!

P

paumarhas

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very interesting and thanks for the info. i've been thinking about doing more then 4 tables but wasn't sure. i think i'd prefer the tiling too.
:vroam: :rofl: :cheers:

N

Nukking Futs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I normaly do not go over 5 table, I put one in the center and one in each corner. This works well for me. For cash games I do not go over 4 tables, and for rush I do not go over 2 games at a time.

IcyBlueAce

IcyBlueAce

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips

Tracking software does WAY more than math, and saying "Tracking software can only tell so much" is a major understatement.

Based on the statistics you want off a player, you'll get WAY more in touch with what you "feel" about a player and you'll respond to him/her based off the stats you have your HuD provide -- I promise you this would help your game x10.

Wes747

Wes747

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I 12 table on a laptop and I've found that I can see all 12 tables at the same time when I auto-tile them on FT. My laptop screen isn't that big, so I imagine everyone should be able to do 12 tables. To the people that can only play a few tables: Once you start 12+ tabling you end up playing so many hands that you know what to do in almost every situation. It doesn't come up very often when I have no clue what to do. I don't always make the correct decision, but it definitely does not take me very long to decide what I want to do.

T

tisf0rtung

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do agree on the part that playing more than 3 or 4 tables is very difficult to actually make the best decision when it comes. I don't know how people can do more than 4 but as for me, i wouldn't be able to study the people on the same table and how they play. but if you can get two monitors and some help, i think you'll be able to. Best of luck if you do.

IcyBlueAce

IcyBlueAce

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I do agree on the part that playing more than 3 or 4 tables is very difficult to actually make the best decision when it comes. I don't know how people can do more than 4 but as for me, i wouldn't be able to study the people on the same table and how they play. but if you can get two monitors and some help, i think you'll be able to. Best of luck if you do.

Thats why you get a HuD so you don't have to study any of the players.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thats why you get a HuD so you don't have to study any of the players.

Feel like deja vu? Don't you hate when people don't read the entire thread and you have to repeat back on what's been said in the thread 3 times already. Makes sense for someone with 4 posts, but it's weird because tonight isn't a freeroll night...lol

IcyBlueAce

IcyBlueAce

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Feel like deja vu? Don't you hate when people don't read the entire thread and you have to repeat back on what's been said in the thread 3 times already. Makes sense for someone with 4 posts, but it's weird because tonight isn't a freeroll night...lol

lol yeah but on the + side it ups my post count as well haha, not that it matters now.

I just figured out I can do up to 11 tables on my tiny screen. :D

24dmzbr.png

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Up to 6 tables for MTT's (tiled) on a 17"laptop & then will occassionally have a couple more going on another 15" laptop. For SNG's, usually only 4 max.
I'm used to looking at small tables (for Fulltilt anyways). I don't like stacking them. Have a few vids. of a guy who stacks 20+ tables for SNG's. It seems like insanity. Keeps you from tilting though when you don't have to witness villain's J6s crushing your AA, lol.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Up to 6 tables for MTT's (tiled) on a 17"laptop & then will occassionally have a couple more going on another 15" laptop. For SNG's, usually only 4 max.
I'm used to looking at small tables (for Fulltilt anyways). I don't like stacking them. Have a few vids. of a guy who stacks 20+ tables for SNG's. It seems like insanity. Keeps you from tilting though when you don't have to witness villain's J6s crushing your AA, lol.

after you play more and more of them, the decisions are almost robotic,, so you can just keep adding tables when your ready.. but yes, on average, when multitabling like 20 tables, if they are all around or getting close to the bubble, we have about a few seconds to make our decisions, but like i said.. the decisions become robotic, as we face very similar decisions time and time again.. rarely is there a time where i dont know what to do in a certain spot.. it happens, and its kind of hard.. you tend to make more mistakes playing more tables, but the offset is that we make more $$ per hour and are able to put in a higher volume spending less time at the computer..

P

playerk7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have to really know what i your doing, most people have a system when doing this, they only play the best hands possible making thie decision easy to what to do pre and post flop

O

ongkie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all u need is a mouse and a brain :):)

O

ongkie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and a huge bankroll. u do not want to buy in at 5 tables with all ur bankroll on the tables

O

ongkie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and most importantly u must make quick decisions

O

ongkie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how do i start a thread like this one?>

sharkyo01

sharkyo01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can do up to 6... that was practicing. I wanna do up to 12 but i need a second screen for really! But most of it practicing.

Also who ever multi tables that many poker tables on pokerstars. That is pretty amazing!!!

Ongkie... Open you the section you wanna make a thread in. At the top there is New Thread Press it. Then you can create your own thread....

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ongkie, I don't think you needed to make like 4 consecutive posts. That doesn't count as quality posts just so you know...

Wes747

Wes747

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have seen 5 of ongkie's posts so far, and all 5 of them have been followed by at least 1 post. Lol he loves double posting to get his post count up.

Anywho - IcyBlue, you should be able to fit 12 tables, not just 11. If you make your middle 3 tables laid out like your top 4 and bottom 4 you will be able to add a 4th one in the middle. 4+4+4=12. Do you actually have the bankroll to 12 table 1/2? Thats what...2,400? I wish I had that much!

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have seen 5 of ongkie's posts so far, and all 5 of them have been followed by at least 1 post. Lol he loves double posting to get his post count up.

Anywho - IcyBlue, you should be able to fit 12 tables, not just 11. If you make your middle 3 tables laid out like your top 4 and bottom 4 you will be able to add a 4th one in the middle. 4+4+4=12. Do you actually have the bankroll to 12 table 1/2? Thats what...2,400? I wish I had that much!

He isn't sitting at any of the tables, just opened them. So either he's trying to show that they fit fine and those just happen to be the tables he picked or is attempting to show off that he plays 1/2 tables when he doesn't ;)

Just messin with ya IcyBlue