How do you know if you are a GOOD player???

G

gooberqw

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What im hearing from alot of people on this question is money management. you can be a good or bad player but you have to walk away from your up. Maximize your wins, minimize your losses. if you can get your money in everytime you are ahead, I think you are a good player. And in the end, you will overcome cold decks, bad beats. I compare it to playing blackjack. The house has a statistical edge over the player but if you learn to take advantage over your betting and timing, you can endure bad shoes and profit off good ones.

JustDestined

JustDestined

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lots of facets to this question. You can be a good player and a bad bankroll manager. I always try to relate it to one of my favorite quotes that goes like this "If you were that good you wouldn't have to tell me, everyone else would tell me". And with that I just try to make good decisions get my chips in ahead and let others decide if I am good or not.

long_bong

long_bong

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
results first. etiquette second.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Results over statistically significant samples.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fwiw, Ed Miller's new video on Red Chip Poker is titled "Everyone is Terrible at Poker". You can watch the first half if you sign up for a free membership.

rifflemao

rifflemao

Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will know I'm good when my stats exceed Norman Chad's. Until then, I'm just another Norman Chad wanna be. :willy:

#aimhigh

Staneff

Staneff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is nothing like good player in poker. There is luckers, there is players who can play better than anyone they face no matter what, there is players who play bad and good at times. It`s all about practicing and learning from ur mistakes. After this comes "skill improvements".