How do you handle losing days?

R

Rounder646

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just try to focus on the long run because poker will always have a ton of variance in the day to day sessions. Like others have said, if you are working on your game and focusing on playing well in games you can beat, the results will inevitably fall your way eventually ! Stay focused !

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know this is contrary to normally recommended practice, but I will often move up a level. I usually (not always) have more success at the higher levels than at the lower ones. I just did that tonight. Recouped my losses and made a little extra to boot.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Usually, I am taking a break, resting for several days. I believe that emotional state during the game is very important, so I always try to control my emotional state.

Joshua_Kane

Joshua_Kane

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Take some time away from the tables, study, and remember the bad days are temporary.

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Having these types of runs happen to every poker player. I like to go to the gym and have a good workout. Clears my head and I can take out my frustrations at the same time. I also like to take a few days off from playing and review my hands and research my leaks, cause we all have them.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
start the game session with the minimum limits and if everything goes well you can go to the convenient limit and if you lose something at the minimum limits and lose the minimum !!!

kara260588

kara260588

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have not been very worried about lately. But I do not lose much. The biggest loss was I have 20 dollars for a few hours of play. so at the moment I'm calm about losses. it's possible that everything will change when I switch to other limits.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just take a break, maybe review your hands, or watch some training videos.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I recently deposited not ACR, and I'm having a very rollercoaster ride so far. Over about 20ish hours of play (2-tabling usually) I've gone from +5 BI's to -1 BI. I know this is an extremely small sample size, so I'm not too worried, just a bit discouraged after my last few sessions.
So my question is what do you do when you have a string of bad sessions?

Hello!

Tonight, I participated in two tournaments, and I dropped pretty quickly, (I did not even get to the break). I'm annoyed to me, when I make annoying mistakes (as tonight).

When I have a bad session, I go into CC and try to do something good !!! :)

inflmara

inflmara

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I turn on some stand-up comedy like joe rogan, cheers me up

L

LOCOBUDA

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Take a long cold shower or go to swim :p

K

krakenba

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Think over big hands in the tournament I went in for and think about how I should have played it/why I played it well. If you're making obvious mistakes repeatedly and still losing take a break and give it a days rest. If it's a short period though you're not likely to be winning constantly

I also like watching a good streamer for a couple hours and seeing what they do differently, why and if I should do it too

I

iceiceice

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After each session I enter my results in a spreadsheet. I recently added a column where I write down the big hands I played and try to see if I made any mistakes. I try to remember that my goal should be to play each hand as well as I can(+ev) and as long as I do that I'll be fine. My suggestion to you would be to try one tabling and putting all your focus onto that and see if you notice a better result.

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I handle losing days by taking a break before I go on mental tilt. Just come back later when you are refreshed. Poker is not going anywhere.

Empress

Empress

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely take a break! You will not make much progress forcing yourself to grind trying to make back lost money. Frustration always follows big losses and frustration almost always leads to bad decisions.

NinjaHands

NinjaHands

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually jump on Zynga Poker b/c it's free and the players are awful. It always makes me feel great smashing SNGs and easily winning.
I recommend it for practicing also.

I use it to warm up before I play cash games too. It's free, definitely a good training arena. As long as you know it's softer than any real money tables.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Turn it around.. rigged in your favor.

Complain that it is rigged and everyone is out to get me.

If you follow others advice and take a break, try to think differently, "Maybe it's rigged in my favor. And everyone is out to help me." Naive, yes, but maybe if it's looked at that way, you can shrug, even laugh at yourself and your fortune, win or lose.

It may be a matter of taking a break , easing up on yourself and not taking things so seriously.

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I feel like it’s starting to get to me I will take a break from the game

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:confused:Есть также черные полосы в покере!В последнее время довольно часто!После неудачных игр я стараюсь бежать, смотря фильмы и гуляя на свежем воздухе!
here communication in English)))))
otherwise your messages will not be considered qualitative.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello!

Tonight, I participated in two tournaments, and I dropped pretty quickly, (I did not even get to the break). I'm annoyed to me, when I make annoying mistakes (as tonight).

When I have a bad session, I go into CC and try to do something good !!! :)
Yes Georgi, I remember when I first came to the club beginner.
you actively help with advice on club issues.
for this, thank you)

A

awkplayer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also need to know how to deal with bad days in poker, this should serve life too haha

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also need to know how to deal with bad days in poker, this should serve life too haha
if you have a girlfriend or wife, then in bad days in poker, better fight with your wife or girlfriend)
and you will have good days. and poker .... poker will not go anywhere

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands