How do you feel about other people telling you about their wins?

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do understand where you are coming from, but we play a lot of poker and wins are few and far between. Some of us get excited and want to tell others who play poker about it cause they understand the struggle. I like to hear when others are playing well and winning because if motivates me to play better, I understand how hard it is to win a MTT and can relate. If someone respects you enough to tell you about a poker win or story you should embrace it.

J

jofieloviedo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel good when they tell me about it

I only talk about poker with one of my closest friends and it is good when he tells me that is playing good and earning money, we try to learn together and improve our game, whe help each other and it is always good to be happy for your friends achievements. We try to compite each other and see whou plays better and who earn more money and of course if he wins more than me it is like "aaah come on man" and I guess it is the same when I win more than him but we always try to be happy for our winnings.

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Me, I'm lucky if I don't react more strongly than a sarcastic/deadpan "yeah sure that's great" or "bully for you" or whatever. We can be the best of friends off the tables, we can discuss poker theory or hands all you want, you can even give me bad beat stories though I'll rate them in terms of entertainment factor and general outrageousness rather than sympathize.

But when it comes to at the tables, the only results I care about are my own. I don't want to hear about how anyone ELSE did well other than as a generic impression of poker skill, a la "this person has won MTTs before, they're not gonna be just fish" or stuff like that. I mean, it's one thing if it's just a brag to whoever's on this forum or in earshot or whatever. But don't come specifically to me and tell you how well you're doing. Please.

So, what's your guys' take?

it's in human nature we want to talk about our successes and sometimes these people who share have expected such victories that when they want to share their victories by joys and encourage some people to try to do like them otherwise it's not so strange to see this kind of post

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best way i think is to don't compare yourself with others. We are all different and when we say about poker, we all have different game styles and things like volume, hands played, profit/loss is not the same.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am happy for my friends when they win. I like to play in a good poker game and have fun. I try my best to win, and might get annoyed by a baaaad beat I might get, but I am happy for players who play well and win. Now on the other hand, I don't mind seeing a player lose, who is being rude, condescending, and a displeasure to play with.

Poker Tells