How do you beat the suckouts at micro stakes?seriously though?

F

fx20736

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Better solution - just don't play when you're on tilt.

I found that the best cure for tilt is experience and confidence in your game. It took me about 90,000 hands to realize that I could go through a bad stretch where my big pairs didn't hold up and I seemed to lose every coinflip and that with time all wounds would be healed and as long as I stuck to the style that worked my profits would return. Last month I went through a stretch where I lost 13 buy-ins in a week but thanks to some encouragement from Cc'ers I stayed the course and have made a rebound. Now when my Aces get cracked or I lose KK to Ace Rag or set over set or villain rivers a Full House when I hold the nut flush I just shrug and move on. As long as you believe in expected value and that the results of an indivisual hand don't matter but that making correct decisions does then tilt will melt away. But this does not happen over night, it takes ALOT of Poker to get to that point.

ALOT of Poker.

C

chip06

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your gonna rember them suck outs and bad beats more often then your wins with pokcet aces or kings its a good chance you havent lost with them as often as you think. All you can really do is keep getting your money in with the best hands caculate your hand and pot odds play the right cards in the right position You want that guy calling all ins with Q3 at your table he will become a ATM machine b4 long and OzExorcist is right if your on tilt sit out a few hands far as your AK play it is the 4th best hand in poker if suited and 5th if off suit but a pair of 2s still can beat AK if you cant hit a all in preflop call with them is a tourney move not a cash table move

2huskys

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im up money from sit n gos now but thats not the point im always getting my money in and getting sucked out on id win like nearly every one of them if I didnt get sucked out on.I dont go on tilt it just makes me feel like its pointless playing.

T

Tangerine 53

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im up money from sit n gos now but thats not the point im always getting my money in and getting sucked out on id win like nearly every one of them if I didnt get sucked out on.I dont go on tilt it just makes me feel like its pointless playing.

Define 'getting sucked out on'. Guess what - 80/20 shots sometimes (1 in 5 over the long term actually) go the way of the 20% guy! Go figure.... . Look it strikes me that your game will improve if you accept that suckouts happen - and be honest are you saying that you never ever ever suck out on someone else? - but keep looking to the long term. If you're a winning player then celebrate that fact.

Saying that you'd win every one if you didn't get sucked out on is ridiculous. That's like saying that if the other 8 players at the table didn't have cards then you'd win every game. It's a game of variance - live with it.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Confirmed: Phil Hellmuth ITT under a pseudonym.

K

kyndlyon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing with play chips is like playing with infants who toss chips around...does nothing to help improve your game

also still waiting to hear your sample size...
agreed. play money tables are a joke...unless u can cash those chips in once u reach a certain level.

E

Ernster86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No its not that they arent respecting them im not trying to bluff I want them to call me with the worst of it. It just never holds up enough.i tried limit at the lowest level nd lost about 10$ in a day multitabling due to ppl hitting set over my set quads a high flush over my k high flushes.

Stop playing holdem then.

Try Razz, 2-7 etc...

CoddBrunson

CoddBrunson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Matrix tournaments. One stupid effin donkey can suck out in a hand, but can he repeat that over 4 tables? No.

I recently fell into a bad "stretch" where my kings have been getting cracked, and horrible suck outs on some final tables left me 5th or 6th instead of 1st or 2nd. I got really discouraged and pissed off. Then I started playing Matrix tournaments. That's pretty much all I did today.

I was playing in one, and this broad sucks out on me on one table. I made it my mission to make sure she didn't cash in the other 3 tables. Sure enough, she didn't, and I doubled my money.

Try some Matrix tournaments. If you're really as good in poker as you think you are, you will definitely win in those.

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thebigdawg

thebigdawg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your going to get on a bad run here and there, but if this happing a lot then theres prob a leak in your game somewhere.

E

el cubico

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pree flop All in is gambling,I like to play poker for fun and show skills...

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I died laughing. Thank you. Thank you so much. I love you.

Same here, i had to get up 3 times and walk away because i could not stop crying and laughing !

Such a sad story, but quite funny :D

T

teddykgb47

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HI,

The fact that you've played the whole year doesn't say much - as someone pointed out, a sample size of hands played is required. If you played anything below 30,000 hands that isn't even considered a sample size by most :)

Also, no one plays seriously at play money tables - everyone just pushes all in the whole time, no one respects the money at all. Consider playing cash games exclusively if you want to improve at all.

The variance actually gets bigger and bigger as you move up in stakes, by the way... ;-) but play money is an exception.

L

Liveone1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey dude I'm about fed up with the suckouts too, but what can you do? These people just won't fold and the cards are possessed lol. Really, you should play a high volume game as you will feel less pressure to tilt when things dont go your way as you have other things going on. It will also be easier to play your A game when you become accustomed to multi tabling.

I'm talking from experience and this is what worked for me before I took some time off from the game. Work on your attitude and realize life isn't fair and the cards don't owe you a damn thing. You'll play better in the long run. Easier said than done, I know...it's almost like an addiction when you think about it, feeling a bit down when things don't go your way.

dcor

dcor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the biggest thing I can say you need to learn @ the micros is VALUE BETTING. Learn to bet what you think their range can call when you are ahead....even if its small. Do not ever bluff @ this level. You will get called with so much shjt, your head will spin. You need to always be thinking about what your opponent has. Also, get hem or ptr, start learning how to read the stats. This is crucial in determining regs from fish. If you cannot master these basic things @ 2nl, then you have no shot @ poker. Also if you do move up, take one thing with you, the value betting aspect of 2nl.

doops

doops

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go look yourself up at PTR.

According to their grader (which I don't totally agree with for myself), you are a bit too tight, don't play aggressively enough preflop, play too aggressively on the turn and horrifyingly so on the river, and don't go to showdown often enough.

That gives you plenty of stuff to work on.

Take it one leak at a time and see what happens.