How do you approach reading your opponents and specific tells you look for?

Fofa

Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When i trully focus on the game i try to watch their betting patterns, timing, and any consistent deviations from their usual behavior... and i pay close attention to sudden changes in bet sizes, hesitation in decision-making, and any unusual patterns in their actions that may indicate hand strength or bluffing.

BUT

in general, i cant focus all the time :( everytime i'm doing something else while playing poker.

Can you fully focus on poker and still read your opponents? What you read from them? :x

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Underbluffing or Overbluffing is probably the most important thing to look for. If they bet a certain size according to their hand strength another. Weak or calling station a third. Aggressive or passive in an unbalanced way is a fourth.

It all comes done to one main thing: In what way do they deviate from a balanced approach and then exploit it if they don't adapt.

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tells in online poker are hard to catch without analyzing the player's playing history, I think.
Sample size matters here a lot.
Only if you are sure you have a mass multi tabler as villain, that is not so able to mix up betting/timing strategies and playing more robotic,
these things can be tells.
This is a reason to disable the option of searching your player name, if the poker client allows this.
Timing of action tells are not a very good indicator, some players make some nice moves because they are aware of this.
The only way to get some tells at tables is playing only one table, there you can focus on all things.
Mutitabling draws your focus too often on too many situations.

waisichy

waisichy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I try to mix up my play but I’m probably still leaving patterns all over the place! I look for out of position betting and frequency.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When i trully focus on the game i try to watch their betting patterns, timing, and any consistent deviations from their usual behavior... and i pay close attention to sudden changes in bet sizes, hesitation in decision-making, and any unusual patterns in their actions that may indicate hand strength or bluffing.

BUT

in general, i cant focus all the time :( everytime i'm doing something else while playing poker.

Can you fully focus on poker and still read your opponents? What you read from them? :x
In fact, it is very difficult to read the unusual moves of opponents in online poker. When you see a human being, you can read his emotions from getting this or that combination. More precisely, only the best players can do that. That's what poker is all about. And online poker is mostly about statistics and calculating the odds of a hands combination. :confused:

Stanley Aguiar

Stanley Aguiar

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
To read opponents effectively, I use a combination of observation (body language, bet sizing), pattern recognition (identifying consistent behaviors), emotional awareness (noticing emotions like frustration), and adaptability to adjust my strategy as needed. When it comes to reading opponents in online poker, the approach becomes more focused on betting patterns, timing, and tendencies since you can't rely on physical cues. I closely monitor how frequently they bet, their bet sizing, and the speed of their decisions. Additionally, I keep an eye on chat interactions for potential information. Flexibility and adaptability remain essential in this digital context to adjust to changing strategies.

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

BUT

When I play poker I like to be alone and at most put on some cool music, because to play at a high level your concentration has to be 100%!:unsure:🎧

Nikon10000

Nikon10000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Your approach to the game by focusing on betting patterns, timing, and deviations in the behavior of other players is an analysis strategy. Paying attention to sudden changes in bet sizes, fluctuations in decision making, and unusual patterns can help you determine hand strength or bluffing. This is one way to use information about your opponents' actions to make your decisions in the game.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you need to watch very carefully how players play what they do how much time they spend thinking about how they play with a strong hand how they play with a weak game, how they use bluff hands and what bets they place with the same hands, and if you watch closely, you will notice their peculiarities when players sometimes change their tactics, this should also be taken into account in the game

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Reading is just a feeling. Sometimes it succeeds and sometimes it makes mistakes

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
...people are generally creatures of habit, as long as you're paying attention and not on too many tables you should be okay👍

Poker Tells