How different would online poker be without HUDs?

S

slash407

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think they are overrated how bad could your memory be if you cant remember how you play 4 6 from the button compared to pocket pairs etc

S

slash407

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shows tendencies of people. How often they raise, fold , check all that stuff.

Basically does all of your "memory" for you. Used by people who play many tables to help track opponents play.

If you're playing a single table or 2, you don't need one.

what? it tracks peoples tendencies? how is that not illegal in the poker world. what does it show? i might use it if i can. if others are using it then why not get information

L

lilnewtdog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play with no HUD have a 30 to 40% roi. I play 3 to 4 tables at a time. What potential would that give me if I used one. I don't like the idear of tracking players that you have never played seems less of a challenge and takes away part of the game. As for the UB AP scandal they could be caught if the sites used the millions they make and hire someone to track HUDS on players.

P

PlayedYou73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play with no HUD have a 30 to 40% roi. I play 3 to 4 tables at a time. What potential would that give me if I used one. I don't like the idear of tracking players that you have never played seems less of a challenge and takes away part of the game. As for the UB AP scandal they could be caught if the sites used the millions they make and hire someone to track HUDS on players.

I agree that the UB/AP scandal should have been better detected by the sites as well, but this was also an "internal" issue related to the site, and for them to release the information publicly would obviously damage their brand and encourage players to play elsewhere.

I personally like the fact that myself and others have access to an independent tool like PT4 or HEM.

B

bluejay2220

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it would be better without them. Never use them. Don't think it helps much, and people become dependent on things like that, just calculate in your heads. Just think, if we didn't have things like calculators then kids would know how to change a $20 on $6.37 bill..like our Grandparents can do with arithmetic. Aids can help and hurt.

Snakmacher

Snakmacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly have no clue - how it is with HUD, because I never used it and never will .. it would spoil my game in big way.. :)

Raggamuffin

Raggamuffin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used HeM2 for the trial which finished up about 2 weeks ago. I don't really miss the HUD for SnGs but I do miss it during tourneys, its hard to keep track of everyone's VPIP & PFR etc when you don't have a program doing it for you :laugh: I know I would be stealing/raising a lot more against TAG/LAG if I still had one & I think it makes make multi-tabling easier too.
Also I've reviewed hands way less since losing HeM2, mark hands for later review was so convenient.
In saying that though, my BR is still climbing so I believe HUDS are a nice bonus to have in tourneys but not really necessities! :)

arizoney

arizoney

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hud what a tool it is for all levels of player whether it be mtt sng or ring. with that said it also makes a big difference between internet poker and live. ive always said and felt that the difference makes internet poker not a true poker game just a level less than live. shoot i should also say that a hud is one of the best educational tools for preparation for a live game also.

J

JamaicanKid

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that alot of people who play online would be doing alot worst haven't there not being any HUD's......To me, it is basically what makes online poker not really the 'true poker' in a manner of speaking...

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can not imagine the game without HUD...

How to define the range of hands, opponent's style, looseness cbet, percentage steal etc ...

If you poker is serious, you have to install HUD that would not be a big advantage over you...
In today's poker without HUD , serious results on long distances will not be able to show...

gus201

gus201

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no HUDS would mean no easy chips :(

what a money maker it is though . It does help players but its not for me :)

D

Dareshell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would love no huds in some ways

I try my damnedest not to look at any of the stats in a tourney, for if i find I'm lookin to see how many peeps are left, then I'm gettin nervous or antsy or it is getting down to the bubble or whittling down to very few players and once I break down and have that first look in a tourney then I dont seem to stop and there is no longer such a thing as chat, but only info and stat
I may or may not have have the lobby opened up in a matchup or two in a larger window than the game. once or twice... maybe.

K

KALUGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
Where can I get this software,, HUD,,? I'm in poker novices.

R

rugby0

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I keep notes on every player. Then run an analyses to identify which player have have changed id,s or are on other sites.

RaizeR1205

RaizeR1205

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that alot of people who play online would be doing alot worst haven't there not being any HUD's......To me, it is basically what makes online poker not really the 'true poker' in a manner of speaking...

I play on Bovada without any HUD and i'm winning so far, I think I played around 13,000 to 14,000 hands and I'm up. I know it's still a small sample, but I believe online poker can be beat without a HUD. I'm not a full time player either, it's just for fun. I do believe if you want to be serious, and make real money though, I would suggest a HUD, that's if you are trying to make a living or are a very serious player, imo.

J

jj20002

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in cash games where stages (as oppose to mtts) dont exist is a must, but in mtts is a little different imo, here the hud doesnt make a big different,

actually is most important notes and the way the right moment is played and not what your opponents do when dealt same hole cards and same position but different stages and different people in the table with different stacks

what about people playing next hand on tilt? or what about the utg playing the bubble? the buyin? going to risk a tourney because want to steal a LAG bigstack and blame a badbeat just because your Ax doesnt work against a Kx?

i rather go with the instincts and all the notes from the moment than cold stats from early stages or different toruneys!

BiliousBetil

BiliousBetil

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've long believed that HUDs in combination with mega-tabling have contributed to driving casual players away from the online game. That said, I have used a HUD and find it helpful to track my own play.

Cheers!

P

PlayedYou73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People wouldn't be multi tabling for then 2-3 games if they weren't around.

But they are here, so people just need to get over it.