How to deal with luck?

C

ChemfromUKR

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I just lose all the positive va-banks. Today I lost 6 positive all-ins in a row (two of them KK vs. A7 and KK vs. AK, and that's all in that interval). But how to get rid of this tilth?

Fofa

Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Just cross fingers. There is nothing you can do... :( Just keep in mind the right play to make. And if you lose, well... at least you did your best?! :x

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I just lose all the positive va-banks. Today I lost 6 positive all-ins in a row (two of them KK vs. A7 and KK vs. AK, and that's all in that interval). But how to get rid of this tilth?
Hi :)
The best option is simply to take a break. Sometimes we all just have bad days. On such days, you can just relax, watch good movies, or read books for which we all always lack time. Just take a break.
Good luck :)

joan moreno

joan moreno

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well, if sometimes there is variance but lately I have lost JJ vs Q7 All IN with 50 BBs and the 8965A ladder falls don't tell me what is happening AA Vs J5 All In Pre Flop 90BBs don't tell me what's going on and if I still don't finish

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All you can really do is not tilt, continue to work on your game, and play more.

I like to think of it as being just that much closer to the sunny side of variance.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes luck is not on our side, but you must be patient and be sure that you made the best decision.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It happens to everyone, We all go through times where nothing seems to go right, no matter how good your hand feels they are all beatable otherwise the game would not have the appeal and magic it does.
It feels unjust when your Aces gets cracked by an inferior hand but it happens, The secret to avoiding going on "Tilt" is to accept that sometimes we are going to lose with decent hands, give the game a rest, and come back with a new feeling of determination to beat the game.
I always play to what my bankroll determines what I can buy-in for, and sticking to that strategy gives me the breathing space I need when variance is against me.

GDKavindu

GDKavindu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LK
Chips
Always remember can't control your luck.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Cannot combat luck, nomatter what.
Just improve your game, play "by the book" and dont forget that on the longrun, a consistent player is always higher than a luck-based one

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keep playing because the math will eventually change that if you play "normally".
AA vs 27offsuit --> 87% - 13%
AA
vs 55 ----------> 80% - 20%

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
There's nothing you can do but accept it and be satisfied that you played a good hand. Not getting angry is the key to remaining content until victory is achieved.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Flippers: this is where poker turns to gambling. I think there are a lot of players who just like shoving or live for flips. It gets them off and they love that moment of anticipation from flop to rvr. At least that's why I shove... Sometimes, lol. Just kidding.
I do wonder if you were playing in trnys or cash games? Players tend to shove more in trnys, imo.
Getting away from tilt can take a little time, for me at least. Usually I get over a bad-beat pretty quick but there are some others that take a bit longer. When that happens, I go for a ride, watch a movie, something like that.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is luck, all you have to do is be patient and find your own luck

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
how to fight against luck being luckier than other players is the best way:) just believe in your luck and maybe you will win at poker It is often important and necessary to win a big hand where luck will decide a lot so just rely on it more than others and hope that you will win

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It is all about variance and unfortunately this is poker. If you get the money in good and you are a favourite you should always win in the long term.

Finding these spots is very different in the game though and always play differently.

I always say I would rather be lucky than good but that's life.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
keep playing and everything will turn around

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If you dedicate yourself to playing poker you will never be able to get rid of what happened to you.
You will only have to understand when the error is yours, and when you read the mathematical possibilities they were on your rival's side.
Not many more than that.
Don't chase yourself with bad luck.
Greetings
:):):)

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
We must understand the mathematics of the game.

Although it is difficult to accept, situations like this can occur. In the long run you will win, so you have to try to stay focused and keep playing.

S

stank12345

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are running hot with a lot of luck take advantage of it because it will turn around soon enough so make hay while the sun shines as the saying goes

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The variance is true for live tournaments. It doesn't work in the random number generator. So you have to seize the moment when the generator works for you and push it.