How to combine your day to day with poker

k0k17

k0k17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to make poker my main job. Firstly, I am very tired of this combination, I want to spend more time with my family, to devote more to theory. I want to return to sports, have a normal sleep and at least some free time.

Secondly, at the moment the expectation in poker is somewhere around x5 from my working salary. I think that with full immersion I can reach x10-12 salary. This means that a year in the game = 10 years in a "regular" job. Yes, my professional and career growth will stop, but I want to try, I think this is my chance.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone, I'm not a pro player, I only play once or twice a week, but I would like to do it daily. What advice would you give to a freelance software developer who lives with his wife and has the nights off ?.

How steady is your work? It sounds like most freelancer have a lot more down time than 9 to 5ers. If you have a lot of down time during the day, then you can fire up some Sngs or cash during the day to get in some hours.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Find games with buy-in that your bankroll can afford and their starting time is suitable. Also the lasting time must be realistic for your time for game.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

At the moment I have a lot of time to play, I will not know later ... now I enjoy it 100%

M

malibuflo1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't do anything and I can play a lot of poker

sarjdgo

sarjdgo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its important to mix the social and recreative activities.
I started to play -so much- this last month (between 8-10 hrs. daily), and that affected in a negative way my general wellness. My social relations deteriorated, and i started to become little angry and hermetic, thats just in 8 weeks.
I become aware and talked with my girl about that, she said even she get tired of seeing me all the day playing, in a month i will not have all the time of the day for playing, but i will not worry about that. Remember to enjoy the game and dont forget your general wellness.

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
or example freelancing, or if poker brings you the main income, then you don't need to try to combine, but in general, combining work far from home with everyday poker I think is very difficult