How to combine your day to day with poker

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is not too hard to combine your day with poker when all your days are free

Absolutely, it is much easier when you have nothing to do in your day to day.

Don't make a rule that you have to play everyday. Especially if you are not a pro then I think it makes sense to have other priorities like family and friends. Maybe if you want play almost everyday but be willing to take days off for other priorities.

I don't think I can make a living from poker, so becoming a pro isn't one of my goals, but I do like the adrenaline that playing poker gives you. So what I need to learn how to balance between family work and hobby.

Hi.
I just play when I have free time. I work as a driver and usually on weekdays I do not always have the opportunity to play poker. But on weekends I usually always have time in the evenings.
Good luck.

I don't know if you feel the same as me, but I like to play poker because it has nothing to do with what I do and it really disconnects me from work. As I work almost every day, I need to "disconnect" myself almost every day. :help:

Last edited by a moderator:
EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it should be combined with a bit of life in the open air and a good rest to lucidly face the poker sessions later.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
The hardest players to read are from Eastern Europe. I suggest you play poker when most of them are sleeping.:)

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can only figure out this problem yourself. Get your wife interested in your game.

Cash tables and Sit and Gos. You can play for as little as half an hour or less whenever you feel like it. Want to skip a day because you're taking your wife out just skip a day. You have the most freedom playing cash tables and Sit and Gos require minimal commitment. You can play them whenever you want.

Last night I played 45 minutes at a cash table, and I think it might be a good option. Thanks

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being freelancer gives you opportunity to better regulate your time. When you have some free time and you have done your other duties just login and start playing. Good thing about the online poker is that there is always a game waiting for you to join.

That isn't entirely true, once a freelancer accepts a project, they must fully commit, sometimes the deadlines are ridiculous short, but I agree with you, always there is a game waiting for me :)

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The whole point is not to stay at poker every night and she will wait for you in bed! Then there are the problems and the accusations that the game is more important than it! :)

In an ideal world she would bring her laptop and play for a while too, but so far we haven't had any problems because she stays up late too :cool:

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to manage your time around a tournament you want to play. It sounds like you can manage your worktime yourself, although I'm not too familiar with your profession. Hoping to get back into poker myself after a little break. Feel like CC games are definitely the way to go :)

Unfortunately I cannot managet my worktime as I'd like because I always have tight deadlines, that's why I like CC games because I can play them most of the time (at nights) :cool:

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Divorce your wife and quit your job.)))

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play when you have free time. When you win your first millionaire you will run out of free time.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
hello try to balance your free time play but also leave time for your wife, if you play only poker she will bother with you

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest players to read are from Eastern Europe. I suggest you play poker when most of them are sleeping.:)

It's true playing against them is tough. Luckily when I play I do it at nights.

Divorce your wife and quit your job.)))

LOL, that's the best advice I've ever been given, surely you're a priest, and if you're not you should be!

Play when you have free time. When you win your first millionaire you will run out of free time.

Yes I play sometimes at nights. I hope to become a millionaire S:cool::cool:N

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sccrply

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Time

For me, I play more games late at night while my gf watches TV... She gets to relax and so do I. I play poker on my phone so we are still sitting next to each other and talk... She doesnt mind when I play.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my case I always try to play for a while at night when there is some time left and on weekends on Saturday afternoon if there is nothing to do with the family or on Sundays very early in the morning, I have the advantage that with My wife has different schedules so when she is not there I can play freely without thinking that I am not giving her adequate attention :D

L

Lexand

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, I play more games late at night while my girlfriend watches TV ... She can relax and so can I. I play poker on my phone, so we're still sitting next to each other and talking ... She doesn't care when I play.

Lucky that mine also likes to watch TV, so while she watches I can play without her bothering me saying that I am switching to poker. :D

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Find your wife a lover. Let her sleep wherever she wants, and you play poker....

Goku55

Goku55

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play every day but I’m far from a pro

It’s hard to balance anything in life with poker, I am 21 and have no responsibilities I’ve quit my job I currently have a 7k bankroll and play online for the better part of 12-16 hours mostly playing about 2 micro stakes tables and free rolls when I can but I feel like even eating is to distracting for me so having a family is going to definitely ruin some relationships. High stakes cash is a good way to be profitable when only playing a few games a week especially where I live but a bad day can ruin one with no discipline.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am semi retired, so I have no problem fitting poker into my schedule. I play only one tourney at a time. Usually about 5 or 6 a day, unless I am working that day.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually try to play in the evening, during the day I try to take care of everything else ... work, family ... everyday life

pribalt49

pribalt49

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How to combine, everything is simple, work in the afternoon, play poker in the evening, but so that no one bothers you to play, you need to create an atmosphere of solitude, play separately from family members, so that no one interferes and does not give advice.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Being retired and on a decent pension, I could play all day every day if I wanted to, but found I got bored after a while and started to lose interest. I have not played many buy-in games for about 2 or 3 months now and besides the odd Free-roll, I have not played much at all.
I still register for a buy-in game every once in a while to keep my points going on pokerstars, but still not anywhere as much as I did during the lock-down's, when I was playing as many as 7 or 8 games everyday.
To be a Professional player, you need to play much more games, maybe as many as 16 games at the same time and for as long as 8 or 9 hours every day, this kind of pressure would certainly see me off in no time.
I will one day start to play more games but for now happy to play as I am for fun and nothing more, Playing like a pro only feels like being chained to a 9 to 5 job which is no fun at all.

When the fun Stops, STOP!
(I have)

boyward

boyward

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since I was forced into working from home due to the pandemic (the company closed the office and then decided to keep it closed) I am able to play poker at varying times throughout the day as I work. Just micro tournaments and freerolls on 888 but it stops me from getting bored and adds a little enjoyment to the day. Still not set on a daily routine but getting there. There's enough small tournaments to create a regular routine, and I really like that.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Big tournaments can be very time consuming, all depends how much time you have but I found mtt's very difficult around a full time job and am myself finding it a tough balance. Suppose hat's one advantage of cash games and sit and go's.

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I at least played a free tournament a day when work allows me and another day I play a paid tournament

P

Pibo1797

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that if You have a Job or You are studing is so difficult to play everyday and more if You like to play tournaments because it can take a Lot of time

Porras2424

Porras2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try not to be routine ... for example I study more than I play three times a week ... and the remaining three days I increase the volume of play. I mean that I occupy less distraction with my goals ... which are to accelerate the roll of each day and the daily walk at night that culminates in relaxing me to a realistic future of not making the same mistakes ..... all positive changes are reflected in the short term ... mental well-being ..