How to become the disciplined poker player?

B

Bern257

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I struggle with tilt, I try to take breaks to calm down after bad losses, walk the dog or watch a show and I'll come back to it later. It works for me, it used to be quite a problem.

Stabbi

Stabbi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say a lot of new players run into this issue. They play well enough to win a few dollars, be it in freerolls or micro stakes then immediately try to play something they are not bankrolled for, take a bad beat, next thing you know you're chasing that loss and are broke..

First piece of advise...slow down. Take pride in the money you win. Let it sit there and grow. Play as many freerolls as you can to increase volume to get experience and to help build your bankroll till your ready to play for a little more money.

Take some time to study your play, find and fix weak spots in your game. This will speed up the process of making more money!

Just don't be so eager to buy into a five dollar game just because you binked a CC freeroll game the night before.

Thank you very mich for advice. I have same problem. If my bankroll is small i play slow and smart, when i win some money i am trying high roll tables and then bum. Money gone.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker discipline is not easy to tame. it requires a lot of studying, game experience - yes the discipline come with it, but learning from others can help too.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
block high stakes and some games